AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

Do I need to just clip the wire and ground it to the power harness?

Sweet Jesus No!

Ground the parking brake wire to the black ground wire; basically tie the two wires together by solder or automotive splice connectors. Take the other end of the parking brake (the end going to the parking brake switch) and coil it up neatly out of the way, wrap electrical tape on the end so it doesn't ever accidentally make contact with anything.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet Jesus No!

Ground the parking brake wire to the black ground wire; basically tie the two wires together by solder or automotive splice connectors. Take the other end of the parking brake (the end going to the parking brake switch) and coil it up neatly out of the way, wrap electrical tape on the end so it doesn't ever accidentally make contact with anything.

Beating a dead horse here, but... From where do I pull the light green ground wire from?

Sweet Jesus No!

Beating a dead horse here, but... From where do I pull the light green ground wire from?

Ok, when you pull the radio out there will be one light green wire; the end running to the parking brake is running off in the dash somewhere. Clip the wire about 12 inches from the harnass. Tape up the end going back into the dash; you won't be using it anymore. Now, take the end still attached to the harnass and splice that into the black cable labeled "ground"

com ca?

Today I went out and grounded the light green parking brake wire and did the firmware edit, worked like a charm. Thanks alot... Now if I can only change the size and color of clock... And why it seems to say kph on the speed, even when the setting say mph...

I almost dont even want to ask a question. BUT I got my F90BT into test mode i then got all the files out of the "flash drive". Onto and storage card.

For the life of me i cannot find the data.zip in the "APL2" folder

My "APL2" folder which contains: "iGo" thats it! and in the "iGo" folder there is NO "data.zip"

So i downloaded this firmware version 2.0 file here :http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18977 which has the data.zip file. If i edit the values in this data.zip folder for the parking brake thing and put it on my storage card will it work for my F90BT or not.

If not what do you guys suggest. My SD is only 1GB so i have to download stuff off of the F90BT in 2 parts.

• 2 weeks later...

probably wont have the .zip extension on it. my f900 didnt have the extension showing. displayed it as a file that had no associations. it was in the iGO folder for me. just copyed and pasted.

i wrote a step by step from memory a couple of hours ago. its in the Avic F-Series Bypass thread on the front of this forum right now.

try that, see if it works.

Ok so my installed says he grounded the parking brake

Now when I start moving and I hit like 10 miles an alert comes up saying that there's an improper parking brake wire instalation

is this going to go away once i do the software bypass?

thanks

Only grounding the parking brake wire will not be enough. Either do the software bypass and complete the hardware bypass and it will work fine.

Thanks but that wasn't my question

As far as i understand the software bypass requires grounding the parking brake wire.

So far I have the parking brake wire grounded, but havent modified the .zip file. My question is if the warning that is comming up now will go away once i do the software modification

tHANKS