AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

Ok - I tried it and the unit got stuck in system startup. Being somewhat competent with windoze I realized my data.zip file holding up the get along so - I reinstalled the backed up data.zip file - and the system rebooted fine again proving once again the value of backed up duplicated file.

see below - I got it to work. It really is not hard at all.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does ANYONE have a Data.zip known good file that unlocks the F700BT Nav screens without a hardware short to the parking break wire? If so, could you post it please? If you choose not to post, a link or a pm would do.

The OP stated clearly he did not use a hardware work around.

There isn't one. Parking brake wire needs to be grounded for any bypass currently known.

[see 2 posts below about working system ] Ok - does anyone have a data.zip that works? I tried changing the file, reconstituting the zip file, and verified it was good archive, but my system locked up on boot.

Admittedly I used a mac, opened the zip, amended the 16.0 to 160.0, then re-zipped the file using the zipper that comes with Macs = can't think of the name of it as I sit here. Apparently the file is not zipped in a way that the WinCE likes - and as we know all Windoze products tend to be somewhat 'twitchy'. . .

Ok - does anyone have a data.zip that works? I tried changing the file, reconstituting the zip file, and verified it was good archive, but my system locked up on boot.

Admittedly I used a mac, opened the zip, amended the 16.0 to 160.0, then re-zipped the file using the zipper that comes with Macs = can't think of the name of it as I sit here. Apparently the file is not zipped in a way that the WinCE likes - and as we know all Windoze products tend to be somewhat 'twitchy'. . .

Looks more like Mac's zipper fails at producing a standard ZIP file, or, more likely, at placing the changed file in correct directory.

DATA.ZIPs that work are dime a dozen, but they are too large to attach in the forum or email.

Yoг could try using WinRAR's Mac version or Zipeg.

I have working nav system while moving in my F700BT without having to engage the parking brake to change destinations or add destinations.

Sorry for the bold and itals but wanted others to see it that there is NO need to short the parking brake green wire actively to get it to work.

I booted my Mac to Windoze, loaded Winrar, opened a copy of Data.zip file.

I modified the Pioneer.ini file to change 16.0 to 160.0 [ more or less 100mph - if I'mdoing 100mph in an ML350 I"m essentially not playing with the Nav system.] Followed all the other instructions to access WinCE and renamed my original data.zip file. Then I turned off and rebooted.

It took about 5 seconds more to boot with the 'System Startup' screen showing for the extra 5 seconds.

So - at least on my F700BT the purely software fix works.

The following do NOT work with the purely software fix:

Address Search

The following does work with the purely software fix:

Favorites

SD Card

Return Home

History

Delete Route

I will spend the time this weekend to ground the parking brake wire to add the address search to the while moving options. If you have most of your destinations in History or Favorites - then you have it ready to go while moving with the purely software fix.

Umm, sorry, but didn't you end up with fixing nothing at all? Changing the parking brake speed when the parking brake wire isn't grounded (so it is never engaged, as far as the system is concerned) would have no effect at all...

Umm, sorry, but didn't you end up with fixing nothing at all? Changing the parking brake speed when the parking brake wire isn't grounded (so it is never engaged, as far as the system is concerned) would have no effect at all...

Well, thats not true since I was never able to view the Nav functions while the vehicle was moving. Video works fine off my ipod when moving.

So its a half fix. sorry if you don't believe me. As I said I will remove the parking wire from the brake and ground it probably tomorrow.

Well, thats not true since I was never able to view the Nav functions while the vehicle was moving. Video works fine off my ipod when moving.

So its a half fix. sorry if you don't believe me. As I said I will remove the parking wire from the brake and ground it probably tomorrow.

I got some additional functionality as well via software modifications. You can also get to some screens directly that are normally greyed out from access by putting buttons onto the Nav screen to go directly to them, suchas Nav settings. It is just a lot of work.

Ceger

My question is how do i get to they data.zip file? If someone could help me out thank you

You really need to scroll back to the top of the thread and read.

There is a very clear step by step of some 16 steps that I did not really need to use since once you understand it the steps become evident.

So, go back, read the step by step and if you can't figure it out - then as the poster of the step by step said - you need to just go to a local [not chain - not factory authorized] stereo shop and ask them to do the hard ware bypass - $40 and you're done.

Okay, I currently have 2 Avic F90BT's one is installed with the 2.0 firmware, the other is new in the box with the 2.0 firmware.

I have the parking brake set at 128.0 on the .ini file on the computer. There is another file that I want to add to the unit. I am wondering if I put the test mode, MiTACAP file, and the hacked verision of the 2.0 firmware (the entire file, not just the data.zp file) will this update the entire firmware. Since I also have the red light camera hack done on the file as well. Basically, can I reupdate the 2.0 firmware file this way or not.

I have not seen this anywhere in this topic.

Nevermind, I followed the directions and just replaced the zip file, works fine. The only thing is I did not come across any red light cameras, did not drive that far. But the wife has to go to work in the morning so I will find out if that one worked, since all that one is just placing that file into the unit.