AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

Does anyone know if this will work in the 90BT unit?

Does anybody know how to search?

Yes, it works on the F90BT, but 128 is not a good value.

There is no need at all to stick with powers of two, that was none-sense.

It is the max speed in km/hr before you get a bad connection warning. Set it to a speed you know you will never exceed. 250 is good enough for most of us.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all,

The software bypass worked like a charm on my 90BT, only thing I have to do now is get my break wire ground. In the mean time I am able to watch DVD's while im driving when I ever so slightly press down on the parking break (2003 Ford Explorer)

Now on to bigger and better mods...

Thanks again!

To bring up a ridiculous issue. My speed input wire isn't hooked up because the guy at best buy didn't have the schematic for it...

So, even if my car is in park it wont let me use the navigation. It has to be off. I'm pretty sure it will work if i turn the parking break on though... Haven't tried, I don't seem to get lost...

Regardless, What are the chances of deleting this whole segment of code and having the computer not care at all? :D

Any one have any ideas for a fix?

It's a 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII

They'll fix it for free :)

To bring up a ridiculous issue. My speed input wire isn't hooked up because the guy at best buy didn't have the schematic for it...

So, even if my car is in park it wont let me use the navigation. It has to be off. I'm pretty sure it will work if i turn the parking break on though... Haven't tried, I don't seem to get lost...

Regardless, What are the chances of deleting this whole segment of code and having the computer not care at all? :D

Any one have any ideas for a fix?

It's a 1995 Lincoln Mark VIII

They'll fix it for free :)

The vss wire doesnt need to be hooked up for the video to work. Its the parking break wire. Vss only helps out when you lose gps signal such as in tunnels. The video is cut out based off the speed it gets from the satellites.

So #1 not all cars have a vss wire that can be connected to in the first place so it isnt always used and will not affect how your unit opperates really.

#2 I too work as an installer for best buy and under no circumstance will I ever bypass a video unit to play while driving, nor will i tell anyone or help anyone find out how to do it. I will not be held responsible in any way when someone wrecks and kills someone while driving because they were watching a movie.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Guys

I am new around this site and have read all the posts related to this topic (change parking_break_speed value=16.0 to a different value) but it cannot be done for me in my F90BT. I've been trying to access the Testmode (using the application Testmode.zip that is posted in viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17542) but 'til impossible, my F90BT does not recognize this application, I tried several times and nothing happens, It splashes my welcome image and then shows main menu (Contacts, A/V Video...)

My F90BT was upgraded to version 2.000600, anyone knows if this version of Testmode.zip works with my F90BT version? Anyone has a newer version of Testmode? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Guys

I am new around this site and have read all the posts related to this topic (change parking_break_speed value=16.0 to a different value) but it cannot be done for me in my F90BT. I've been trying to access the Testmode (using the application Testmode.zip that is posted in http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=17542) but 'til impossible, my F90BT does not recognize this application, I tried several times and nothing happens, It splashes my welcome image and then shows main menu (Contacts, A/V Video...)

My F90BT was upgraded to version 2.000600, anyone knows if this version of Testmode.zip works with my F90BT version? Anyone has a newer version of Testmode? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

i think you have to use the testmode v2.3 by carver, search the forum and you'll find it

• 2 weeks later...
Confirmed working on stock EU version of F910BT(3.01)

Used value of 160.0 and wiring is standard (SpeedSense and handbrake cable connected as per stock install).

Handbrake no longer kills video or navigation functions.

Many thanks for this mod.

Realize that this value is not in MPH so you may want to set the value a little higher.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to do this on a new F90BT but I'm having problems with file copy. I've tried using two different SDHC cards (a 2gb Class 2 first, followed by a 4gb Class 4.) Both cards worked for playing music. I deleted all the music files, copied the test mode files on to the card, and successfully booted into test mode. I then did a "File Copy" for "My Flash Drive" and "Pasted" the copy onto my memory card. Immediately the system warns me that I won't have enough space to copy the whole flash drive (even with the 4gb card.) It asks if I want to proceed anyway and copy as many files as possible. I say "yes" and it starts to copy. It looks like a handful of files have been copied, and then (after about 30-seconds) it stops and says there isn't enough room to copy the next file. I acknowledge that message, and when I look at the memory card, there are no files on the card except for the Test Mode files. The cards were both formated with FAT 32. What am I doing wrong?

• 3 weeks later...