AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

I have my mods on two different platforms. I have a user that says they cannot touch anything on the screen if the parking brake is not up at least a little on my newest set of mods. On my older mods from back in September this person can use everything just fine. The parking brake variable is set the same on both mods. Is there anything else that might affect this? I am searching through files not but coming up with much since this is really system level.

Thanks,

Alex

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my mods on two different platforms. I have a user that says they cannot touch anything on the screen if the parking brake is not up at least a little on my newest set of mods. On my older mods from back in September this person can use everything just fine. The parking brake variable is set the same on both mods. Is there anything else that might affect this? I am searching through files not but coming up with much since this is really system level.

Thanks,

Alex

I think I've added " USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0" to pretty much every button in navigatemap_800_480.ui in your latest mod. Couldn't mute the Nav voice or cancel a route without the handbrake applied (I'm in a manual, have the softmod applied but not the hardwire PB to GND and move mute hack).

Thanks,

Alex

I think I've added " USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0" to pretty much every button in navigatemap_800_480.ui in your latest mod. Couldn't mute the Nav voice or cancel a route without the handbrake applied (I'm in a manual, have the softmod applied but not the hardwire PB to GND and move mute hack).

Really? That solved it? I was told that those lines did not really apply to our units and were more for the standard igo units. I will add them in permanently if it fixes it!

Really? That solved it? I was told that those lines did not really apply to our units and were more for the standard igo units. I will add them in permanently if it fixes it!

It doesn't really apply if you have done the hardware hack (i.e. swap the Mute wire and ground the parking brake). But some of us haven't done it for one reason or another (me, I was lazy, knew of the software version and thought it would have the same effect as grounding PB, then decided to fix next time I had the dash open which was never because the replacement HD tuner died on the bench instead of making it into the car). Now I just add the statement to any button in the screens I use the most, and live without it in the lesser used screens.

According to GPSPassion and other forums, one could make disable it globally via sys.txt, but I guess it makes the interface much slower:

[interface]

;use_separated_safety_mode=1 ;(0) makes it slow

;use_separated_safety_in_mainview=1 ;(0) makes it slow

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Tried to modify the ini file for the parking_brake.....tried several method...using winrar, without uncompress...save directly in data.zip....

tried uncompress/re-compress.....nothing work....

Always getting...invalid data.zip when booting my f500bt to upgrade....

Help please !!!

Hi guys

Tried to modify the ini file for the parking_brake.....tried several method...using winrar, without uncompress...save directly in data.zip....

Help please !!!

You're not supposed to modify any of the upgrade files.

Hi guys

Help please !!!

You're not supposed to modify any of the upgrade files.

Thanks !!

Thanks !!

You're welcome.

It has, actually, been covered several times. All official update installers from Pioneer have (quite reasonably so) integrity checks built in, and won't update if any of the files have been tampered with.

Install update first, then just copy over a modified file.

Or, better yet, for something like the brake bypass, just create a correct folder hierarchy on your card and put the file you want to use in there. For this one it should be, I think, UI_PIONEER\COMMON\PIONEER.INI. Copy the whole thing to iGO folder and it will override any same-named file in the same folder of DATA.ZIP.

Thanks !!

You're welcome.

It has, actually, been covered several times. All official update installers from Pioneer have (quite reasonably so) integrity checks built in, and won't update if any of the files have been tampered with.

Install update first, then just copy over a modified file.

Or, better yet, for something like the brake bypass, just create a correct folder hierarchy on your card and put the file you want to use in there. For this one it should be, I think, UI_PIONEER\COMMON\PIONEER.INI. Copy the whole thing to iGO folder and it will override any same-named file in the same folder of DATA.ZIP.

Thanks Boris....I will try it.....in order to copy the file will i have to boot in windows ce ?? if so how can i do it ??

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys, I have just gotten my AVIC F-500BT installed in my 2010 GMC Terrain with the braking break hard wired... And I am trying to do this software mod in order to enable the buttons in motion. I am able to get into the Windows CE on the device but for the life of me can not seem to find "/project_config/pioneer.ini" inside the DATA.zip file. I have opened up every folder under My Flash Disk and can not locate it anywhere. Can someone please point me into the right direction? My software is up to date as well. Thanks in advance....

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, i am using my f9110bt without hardware bypass.

can anyone give me an short step by step tutorial how to make an functional software bypass ?

thanks

Open the data.zip file and find the project config folder. In that folder is the Pioneer.ini file.

Under the [pioneer] section change (in notepad) parking_break_speed= 16.0 to

parking_break_speed=256.0. Rezip your data.zip and re-install in the unit.

Hi, i am using my f9110bt without hardware bypass.

can anyone give me an short step by step tutorial how to make an functional software bypass ?

thanks

Open the data.zip file and find the project config folder. In that folder is the Pioneer.ini file.

Under the [pioneer] section change (in notepad) parking_break_speed= 16.0 to

parking_break_speed=256.0. Rezip your data.zip and re-install in the unit.

I have overwrite my modded data.zip with the existing one via testmode but it dont work. The brake-needed buttons are still not available.

Is there something more i have to do ?