AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

Awesome find! Good to know it can be done via software as well. Although I'm sure this one would net even more noobish questions than the hardware bypass already does... :lol:

One thing to mention. The parking break speed in "parking_break_speed=16.0" is in Kilometers per hour. If you set it to 128, the functions that the bypass enables will be blacked out at 80 mph. I changed mine to 256 as while I don't often drive over 80 mph, I want the full functionality if I do.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have confirmed that changing the parking_break_speed value in the DATA.zip file (/project_config/pioneer.ini) does in fact bypass the video/gps restriction without changing any wiring. I set the value to 128.0 (thought it odd that they picked 16, so I assumed they were using the standard 1,2,4,8,16 binary notation so I chose a number that would fit in that series, hence 128).

I know this works because I just installed this unit 2 days ago and did NOT use any bypass. With the change made to the ini file, I can now enjoy video while traveling up to 128 MPH :D

Sorry, put this in the wrong place above. One thing to mention. The parking break speed in "parking_break_speed=16.0" is in Kilometers per hour. If you set it to 128, the functions that the bypass enables will be blacked out at 80 mph. I changed mine to 256 as while I don't often drive over 80 mph, I want the full functionality if I do.

I had my system installed for me and I am trying to ground the parking brake wire. I am idiot when it comes to this, but I have a couple quick questions. I have the F90BT, so the parking wire is green correct? Also to get to the parking brake do I have to go behind my system or can I cut the green wire that runs under my steering wheel. The green wire goes from the parking brake under the steering wheel and up towards the system. When I cut the wire and taped the exposed wire to metal, the parking break signal on the car was lit up. The car was not registering that the parking brake was pressed down, so I did something wrong. I attached both sides back together, so it is working properly again, but the parking brake is not grounded for the hack to work.

Thanks for the help

your totally going the wrong way bud. look under Hardware bypass for dummies. you also need to relacate the mute wire from white harness from pin 1 to pin 4 down below because it knows your in motion after you start getting speed. the green wire needs to be grounded. not your actual parking break wire. once you have relocated the mute wire to pin 4 now you need to ground that one also. just look in the forum for Hardware Bypass and not software bypass.

I did the software bypass myself and have come upon a few conclusions. 1) it is a lot easier to do if you are a 17 year old that don't know anything about cars, but is very well with computers. 2) The 128 that you change in the .ini file is actually kilometers, the tv gives you a warning when you pass 80 mph. 3) It works flawlessly, so if you have already installed your tv, but wanna watch movies or other things while driving just do the software bypass, becuase it is very simple. Albeit so is the hardware bypass, i guess it just depends on if you are tech savvy or hardware savvy. Thanks for pointing out this file as well tacomaboy.

Anyone else have an empty project_config folder? Mine is empty and the pioneer.ini is in the root of data.zip. Tried the value change to 256.0 but didn't work. Just changed the USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE value as suggested in one of these posts and hopefully it will work this time. The e-brake wire is spliced in to the common ground and works as I get video up to 10mph and comes back on at stop signs, etc. Just wondering why my pioneer.ini file is in a different location...

Thanks, tnm

Anyone else have an empty project_config folder? Mine is empty and the pioneer.ini is in the root of data.zip. Tried the value change to 256.0 but didn't work. Just changed the USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE value as suggested in one of these posts and hopefully it will work this time. The e-brake wire is spliced in to the common ground and works as I get video up to 10mph and comes back on at stop signs, etc. Just wondering why my pioneer.ini file is in a different location...

Thanks, tnm

Your DATA.ZIP is hosed. Often happens if you use WinZIP or some Mac programs and do not make sure that files are archived with proper folder structure.

Your DATA.ZIP is hosed. Often happens if you use WinZIP or some Mac programs and do not make sure that files are archived with proper folder structure.

If I cannot find the back-up I made, will reinstalling the 2.0 upgrade replace the data.zip file?

Pioneer's update download includes a factory DATA.ZIP. You can also download one of the modded ones from here.

Pioneer's update download includes a factory DATA.ZIP. You can also download one of the modded ones from here.

Thanks Boris, I unhosed my zip file and everything is 5x5.

TnM

Great. In the future, if you are using Windows, use WinRAR on 7-ZIP to work with AVIC's compressed files. Those tend to preserve folder structure inside archives much better than WinZIP.

• 3 weeks later...
I have confirmed that changing the parking_break_speed value in the DATA.zip file (/project_config/pioneer.ini) does in fact bypass the video/gps restriction without changing any wiring. I set the value to 128.0 (thought it odd that they picked 16, so I assumed they were using the standard 1,2,4,8,16 binary notation so I chose a number that would fit in that series, hence 128).

I know this works because I just installed this unit 2 days ago and did NOT use any bypass. With the change made to the ini file, I can now enjoy video while traveling up to 128 MPH :D

Does anyone know if this will work in the 90BT unit?