AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

hello all guys and thank you for your preciouse infos that I founded here, now, after reading 15 pages I want make a summary for undertsand if i know all the necessary procedures to make my f900bt ready to be using during a standard travel with my car, like the portable gps navigator like garmin and tom tom.

after installation I must be done this few things :

1) place on ground (negative) the parking wire (absolutely necessary !)

2) make the software tricks with the help of the testmode , change 16 to 256 and so on.

3) ....... I don't know is more actions need to complete the modification.

but, yes, but....

now can I watch my dvd on driving/travel ?

can i use my gps navigation system to ask new POI or destination or address ecc ecc ?

does my unit exactly the same thing of a tom tom portable unit or many other functionality are disable cause I drive the car and I'm not stop with the car at 0 km/h ?

please, it's very impoirtant for me that all the features of this f900bt will be enable and visible.

thank you for all of you that can help me.

regards

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have confirmed that changing the parking_break_speed value in the DATA.zip file (/project_config/pioneer.ini) does in fact bypass the video/gps restriction without changing any wiring. I set the value to 128.0 (thought it odd that they picked 16, so I assumed they were using the standard 1,2,4,8,16 binary notation so I chose a number that would fit in that series, hence 128).

I know this works because I just installed this unit 2 days ago and did NOT use any bypass. With the change made to the ini file, I can now enjoy video while traveling up to 128 MPH :D

QUESTION:

Which wires need grounding for the Software Bypass?

ANSWER:

Ground the green parking brake wire.

That's the only one? No others?

Well obviously you need to ground the ground just to get it to turn on, but to enable video/nav using the software bypass the only wire you need to ground is the green parking brake wire.

Once i got the INI file changed, what is the process of getting it to the SDcard, such as...Do I put the whole data zip file on the sdcard or do i unzip it, then put it on the sdcard, or is it just a certain file from the data zip file i put on the sdcard? The once the info is on the SDcard how do i go about installing it on the stereo? ANY REPLIES ARE APPERICIATED.

Once i got the INI file changed, what is the process of getting it to the SDcard, such as...Do I put the whole data zip file on the sdcard or do i unzip it, then put it on the sdcard, or is it just a certain file from the data zip file i put on the sdcard? The once the info is on the SDcard how do i go about installing it on the stereo? ANY REPLIES ARE APPERICIATED.

if you post your question 3 more times you will still get the same answer... so dont and read the thread you just created

I have confirmed that changing the parking_break_speed value in the DATA.zip file (/project_config/pioneer.ini) does in fact bypass the video/gps restriction without changing any wiring. I set the value to 128.0 (thought it odd that they picked 16, so I assumed they were using the standard 1,2,4,8,16 binary notation so I chose a number that would fit in that series, hence 128).

I know this works because I just installed this unit 2 days ago and did NOT use any bypass. With the change made to the ini file, I can now enjoy video while traveling up to 128 MPH :D

QUESTION:

Which wires need grounding for the Software Bypass?

ANSWER:

Ground the green parking brake wire.

That's the only one? No others?

Well obviously you need to ground the ground just to get it to turn on, but to enable video/nav using the software bypass the only wire you need to ground is the green parking brake wire.

So is the mute ground only needed if I am doing the hard ware bypass? And so if I I am doing the software bypass, the mute ground does not matter?

like the directions stated

SOFTWARE- ONE WIRE ONLY (parking break LIGHT GREEN) (BUT YOU NEED UPLOAD SOFTWARE TO TRICK THE UNIT)

HARDWARE- TWO WIRES TO GROUND (Mute & parking break). AFTER THAT, YOUR DONE. NO SOFTWARE REQUIRED

ITS ONE OR THE OTHER, YOU CANNOT DO BOTH. you will brick your unit doing so and risk exploding it. please please please read the directions at the beginning. Do the hardware version, its easier.

So is the mute ground only needed if I am doing the hard ware bypass? And so if I I am doing the software bypass, the mute ground does not matter?

SOFTWARE- GROUND PARKING, DONT GROUND MUTE. UPLOAD SOFTWARE.

HARDWARE- GROUND PARKING, GROUND MUTE. DONT UPLOAD SOFTWARE.

Both bypasses you need to ground the PARKING no matter what!

the trade off is software and the mute wire

Take the e-brake wire (the green one) and just ground it to the car anywhere, along with the normal ground wire I suggest. Now you have bypassed the e-brake option but the AVIC is just a bit smarter if you have the speed sensor wire hooked up. Most people don't but if you had the unit installed correctly then the speed sensor also detects you driving. i suggest leaving this b/c it helps your GPS but if you are watching a movie then your not using GPS sooooo just run the wire through a switch that you can turn on or off. Turn the switch off when you want to access options or watch video while driving. You can get tons of switches at Radio Shack. The speed sensor is the pink wire.

So short and sweet...

Ground the e-brake wire (green wire)

Run the Speed Sensor wire (Pink wire) through a switch for turning it on off.

BTW the pink wire isn't required to be hooked up but it is very useful ESPECIALLY if you use GPS in areas that lose GPS satellites often such as tunnels.

ALSO! You don't need to ground the MUTE wire like many suggest. What a waste. The mute wire is simply used to MUTE the stereo or however when 3rd party objects are trying to speak IF the 3rd party object has a MUTE other 3rd party objects option and vice versa of whatever. Don't freakin ground that wire.

Take the e-brake wire (the green one) and just ground it to the car anywhere, along with the normal ground wire I suggest. Now you have bypassed the e-brake option but the AVIC is just a bit smarter if you have the speed sensor wire hooked up. Most people don't but if you had the unit installed correctly then the speed sensor also detects you driving. i suggest leaving this b/c it helps your GPS but if you are watching a movie then your not using GPS sooooo just run the wire through a switch that you can turn on or off. Turn the switch off when you want to access options or watch video while driving. You can get tons of switches at Radio Shack. The speed sensor is the pink wire.

So short and sweet...

Ground the e-brake wire (green wire)

Run the Speed Sensor wire (Pink wire) through a switch for turning it on off.

BTW the pink wire isn't required to be hooked up but it is very useful ESPECIALLY if you use GPS in areas that lose GPS satellites often such as tunnels.

ALSO! You don't need to ground the MUTE wire like many suggest. What a waste. The mute wire is simply used to MUTE the stereo or however when 3rd party objects are trying to speak IF the 3rd party object has a MUTE other 3rd party objects option and vice versa of whatever. Don't freakin ground that wire.

Your information about the speed sensor wire, and the mute wire is incorrect. The hardware bypass requires moving the mute wire to a different pin and grounding it, along with the e-brake wire. Many people including myself don't have the VSS wire hooked up and still don't have full functionality of the unit until either performing the hardware or software bypass.

You are correct in what the mute wire was intended to be used for, but since most people don't use that feature we move it to a different pin and ground it to perform the bypass.

It's not GROUND MUTE. It's GROUND THE BYPASS PIN. This is the pin that you moved what used to be the mute wire to. Clearly referring to it as mute has confused some people.

It's not GROUND MUTE. It's GROUND THE BYPASS PIN. This is the pin that you moved what used to be the mute wire to. Clearly referring to it as mute has confused some people.

Yes I know, and your right, i shouldnt assume that people already read the diy. Ground the Parking and Ground the MOVED mute wire for the hardware. for software, only the parking.

you know what I meant.

I am having an issue when I try to go into the Windows CE. It worked perfectly fine when I did it on mine, but when I tried to install it on a friend's receiver, his system will not let me X out of the first screen. I tried everything I could think of to get out of it, but nothing works. Any suggestions?

I am having an issue when I try to go into the Windows CE. It worked perfectly fine when I did it on mine, but when I tried to install it on a friend's receiver, his system will not let me X out of the first screen. I tried everything I could think of to get out of it, but nothing works. Any suggestions?

Calibrate the screen first.