AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did as following:

downloaded the files in the link( http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17542 ), unzipped the two folders on a sd card and put it into my f900 and started it up (in testmode).

-went into apl2/igo/ and copied the Data.zip to the sd card.

-put the sd card into my pc,

opened data.zip with winrar,

found project_config/pioneer.ini and opened it with notepad,

edited the line "parking_break_speed" to 128.0

saved it to the data.zip

-put the sd card back into the f900 started it up in test mode and replaced the original data.zip.

Now I can play videos without having pulled the parking brake, but as soon as i drive more than 16 kmh it blanks out the screen. I also tried to pull the parking brake (for a short while ;-) ) without any changes.

Any suggestions????

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, installing the unit tonight.. I know how to ground the parking brake... My question is though how do I edit my data.zip?

Ive tried editing a downloaded version from my SD card as well as just using my desktop.. Ive remembered to save it .ini and Ive tried copy and pasting from different windows... I havent tried using winrar yet as I dont think I know how to do so.. I also know we arent supposed to unzip all of the info, but how is this done?

also, once finished, do I just put in the HU and press the Auxillary thing to get it to read the SD card or what? Thanks for all answers

is it possible someone could just send me the whole file..

for the record This is a F90bt

i tried doing the hardware bypass grounded PB/relocated and grounded the mute wire = NO GO. i gave up on the hardware bypass thought i'd try my luck with the software bypass and update my firmware to 2.0 while i'm at it. opened the data.zip folder up through winrar changed the parking break value to 128.0, saved and updated the archive through winrar, transfered to SD card, inserted it into the unit with my vehicle off, turned the key on, white update screen poped up and displayed a Data.zip error message. update screen didn't go past this message. does anybody have a modified data.zip/pioneer.ini bypass file that works. my e-mail is axeffect76@hotmail.com. or if you know what i am doing wrong please correct me because i'm quite frustrated. your help is greatly appreciated...

*THESE DIRECTIONS ARE COMPLETE YOU WON'T GET LOST UNLESS YOU'RE A LOST CAUSE :wink:

*Your parking brake wire (light green) has to be grounded. You can ground it to the black wire coming off the black power harness that connects to your stock radio ground connection, the cigarette lighter black ground, the vehicle chassis, etc.

*I updated my Avic to 2.0 firmware, its up to you if you want to do this because all you're trying to do is replace the "data.zip" file. Or if you don't want to upgrade you can follow steps 1-4,6 to access your Avic and copy/paste the original file from your Avic to SD card, open it up on your computer, edit it as mentioned below, put it back on your SD card, then follow steps 7-15. On how to Upgrade your firmware search avic411 or go to:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... e+Download

1. Make sure you are a registered member of avic411 or else you won't be able to see the files you need to download.

2. Download the Testmode.zip file folder from:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

3. Use Winrar (people have reported problems with Winzip) and open up Testmode.zip

4. Extract BOTH Testmode and MiTACAP files to your desktop by highlighting the folders and clicking the "Extract To" tab on Winrar and selecting "Desktop".

5. Get a hold of the data.zip file, you will need to edit it THROUGH Winrar. If you upgrade to the 2.0 Avic Firmware you can find the data.zip file in the firmware folder you download. You can download the firmware off Avic 411 or go to pioneerelectronics.com. Once you have the firmware downloaded open it up with Winrar. Click on F-Series Firmware Update -> LPUE080 -> APL2 -> iGo -> RIGHT CLICK data.zip and select "View File" -> Click project_config -> Click pioneer.ini (opens up in notepad)

Next, scroll down till you see:

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=16.0

hide_logos=1

Change the "16.0" -> 128.0 , then click "file" "save". You will be prompted File "pioneer.ini" was modified click YES. Also click YES to "data.zip" being modified. Now extract "data.zip" in Winrar to your Desktop by highlighting the folder and clicking the "Extract To" tab on Winrar and selecting "Desktop". You should find it inside the "F-Series Firmware Update" folder by clicking through it.

6. Copy and paste the three files that should now be on your desktop (Testmode/MiTACAP/data.zip) to your SD card.

7. Insert the SD card into your unit with your vehicle powered off.

8. Turn your key to the vehicle ACC on position and your Avic should boot up in WinCE mode.

9. X out of whatever screen pops up till you get to the desktop.

10. Triple click to get into "My Device" is what i believe its called the first icon at the top of the desktop on the Avic.

11. Go into your SD card, highlight the "data.zip" file, click "edit" "copy".

12. Click back, now go into the main Avic drive in "My Device", i think its called flash something...i'm not sure the exact name but you can't miss it.

13. Similar to how you navigated through the firmware to find "data.zip" to change it, click to get to it, LPUE080 -> APL2 -> iGo

14. You should find the original "data.zip" that's on your Avic right now in there.

15. Now click "edit" "paste" and click "Yes to all" to replace the original data.zip with the one that you put on your SD card.

16. Reboot your Avic and you should be good to go.

* I tried describing all the steps by memory to the best of my ability, in the sequence i performed them, and to their fullest detail. i should be charging ppl for this post...lol...hope it helps... 8)

I was able to edit my data.zip file.. and I am yet to put it in my Avic f90bt.. Someone please just answer a few of my questions..

I have grounded the parking brake..

I put the 2.0 on my SD card because I already have 2.0 on my machine, just wanted to edit the data.zip.. So, with my data.zip now and the parking brake speed set to 256.. all I need to do is put my sd card in the navi and let it load everything up? Is their any steps im missing?

Hey all,

I'm new this, but I understand all the steps to be taken here.

To avicf700bt, I'm assuming that the SD card needs to removed from the unit after replacing the data.zip file and before rebooting the the unit, correct?

Also, if another firmware update gets released by Pioneer, will this hack have to be performed again? I'm assuming yes if Pioneer includes the data.zip file in their update package, but just want to make sure.

Hey all,

To avicf700bt, I'm assuming that the SD card needs to removed from the unit after replacing the data.zip file and before rebooting the the unit, correct?

If щнг keep testmode files on the same card, then yes, you'll need to take it out, or AVIC will keep booting into Windows mode.

Also, if another firmware update gets released by Pioneer, will this hack have to be performed again? I'm assuming yes if Pioneer includes the data.zip file in their update package, but just want to make sure.

Yes.

I did the edit to 128 but when I go past 80mph the first time during a trip I get a popup that says my parking brake is not connected correctly and then it disables the buttons and all that after 80. If I slow down under 80 I then can used them normally until I go back up again. Has anyone had this issue? I double checked the value and it is staying at 128 in the file.