AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just came back from my car.

Put the SD with the unziped files to boot up in test mode.

Windows does boot up in thest mode. but then it says copying... copies something and when I press the start button the bottom of the screen turns green and gets stuck

any ideas?

Thanks guys

edit: btw, i tried to close the window with the ex in the right top corner but nothing happens...

Recalibrate your screen prior.

Thanks but that wasn't my question

As far as i understand the software bypass requires grounding the parking brake wire.

So far I have the parking brake wire grounded, but havent modified the .zip file. My question is if the warning that is comming up now will go away once i do the software modification

tHANKS

So how did what I said not answer your question? "Do the software bypass or complete the hardware bypass and it will work fine". working fine includes no messages coming up.

i just got this system in the mail (avicf90bt), and im going to get it installed at a shop tommorow. is this data zip file located on the screen or something or do i bypass this with the sd card? sorry but this is probably a stupid question but im a noob to this kind of stuff. i want the people to bypass it at the shop, and i want to print out something for them so they know how to do it

thanks

I have confirmed that changing the parking_break_speed value in the DATA.zip file (/project_config/pioneer.ini) does in fact bypass the video/gps restriction without changing any wiring. I set the value to 128.0 (thought it odd that they picked 16, so I assumed they were using the standard 1,2,4,8,16 binary notation so I chose a number that would fit in that series, hence 128).

I know this works because I just installed this unit 2 days ago and did NOT use any bypass. With the change made to the ini file, I can now enjoy video while traveling up to 128 MPH :D

hello ok i have no idea where to get the file forom can some one help me pls?

I've read through this entire thread (more than once) and it has alot of very useful info. I had a question as a nubie. My HU was installed professionally and I asked him to ground the parking brake (which I read here) because I plan on doing the software bypass. Right now, when I get to about 10 mph the "parking brake not properly attached" message comes up, does this mean it is successfully grounded? I saw someone who asked this question but I didn't see an answer. My next step is the software bypass but before I do that I wanted to confirm that the parking brake is grounded. If this isn't the case I plan on taking it back to the installer to see about getting it done correctly or do it myself if I don't have to take the dash apart.

My HU was also installed professionally. As it stands right now, I can only view a movie when my parking brake is on. Once I do the software bypass, is it going to work fine, or am I going to have to do something regarding the parking brake? Thanks in advance.

I'm ready to take the heat for being the novice here. I installed F90BT system except for connecting the pink and green wires (GPS and Brake) I recently found your site and began reading. The solution for DVD and setting GPS while on the go seems simple enough. However, like I said I'm a beginner. Somehow, I go into the files on the system (HOW??)and update it to read about 128 on the parking_brake_speed value and then connect the brake (green) wire to ground. What about the GPS (pink)wire? And is that all I need to do? Thanks for the help. I have a 2008 Ford F-150. Plain old work truck.

no just the parking break wire, and thats all to bypass.

just do the hardwire bypass, its easier and faster and cause since you are grounding the parking break wire, WHY NOT ground the mute wire as well? i mean your already grounding one thing, how much trouble is it to ground another? the hardwire is much easier

Since your unit is already connected up, then yeah, software might be your best bet now. cause it would be a hassle to pull the unit back out.

*edit* Whatever that pink wire is, connect that crap. you might need it

WHY NOT ground the mute wire as well?

Another reason to do the software bypass instead of moving the mute wire is that a number of people on this forum have messed up the mute wire pin in the process of moving it to the bypass location. This results in a failed or unreliable bypass.

Hey. I did the update and everything correctly. I can drive and I have a msg @ the bottom of the main screen saying System Setup Please Wait. It will not go away. Every button works except for Phone and Settings @ the bottom. The DVD playback works above 16mph fine, but then all of the sudden it goes black and resets everything. The back to square 1. "System Loading Please Wait"....It continues over and over....BTW all this happpened after i changed the data.zip file..

PLEASE HELP

THANKS GUYS

I did the bypass and it works, but then realized it was just for video an not other items such as changing nav points and such while driving. I corrected this issue by simply updating all .ui files inthe 800 400 ui folder, replacing USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=1 with USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0.

It works beautifully, but the only thing I could not get unlocked while driving where the Nav and System setting icons. Any idea where those values are stored?

Edit: While street and city can be entered, I cannot enter the address number while not in park as well. Any ideas here?

Ceger

I did the bypass and it works, but then realized it was just for video an not other items such as changing nav points and such while driving. I corrected this issue by simply updating all .ui files inthe 800 400 ui folder, replacing USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=1 with USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0.

It works beautifully, but the only thing I could not get unlocked while driving where the Nav and System setting icons. Any idea where those values are stored?

Edit: While street and city can be entered, I cannot enter the address number while not in park as well. Any ideas here?

Ceger

Ummm... your bypass is not correctly made. USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE works off of parking break signal.