AVIC411.com

Software mod "bypass" confirmed - Put away your wi

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the bypass and it works, but then realized it was just for video an not other items such as changing nav points and such while driving. I corrected this issue by simply updating all .ui files inthe 800 400 ui folder, replacing USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=1 with USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0.

It works beautifully, but the only thing I could not get unlocked while driving where the Nav and System setting icons. Any idea where those values are stored?

Edit: While street and city can be entered, I cannot enter the address number while not in park as well. Any ideas here?

Ceger

Ummm... your bypass is not correctly made. USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE works off of parking break signal.

In the thread on mute/unmute nav voice, it was found that to have buttons activated even with setting the parking_break_speed value for the bypass from 16 to 128, you still needed to update the variable in the Pioneer.ini for USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE to be 0 for buttons to work or not. Thus any screen buttons coded specifically in the ui files with USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE = 1 maintain being unusable.

I did the change as described here in this thread, and found that I needed to do the USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE overwrite as well.

To be clear, reading through this thread seems to indicate that the bypass is not software only; you need to ground the parking brake. That is not part of a valid install you will get from a place like Best Buy. My modifications has allowed alot more functionality than I had before, all software driven.

Ceger

Hey I didnt read thru this entire thread so I dont know if its been said already, but I asked my parents, who both have programming degrees and they told me that the top number possible in an 8 bit system is 255, not 256. I just tried this in the hack and went 60 miles an hour with no messages and all features availiable so I guess that they are right. I hope this is helpful, since I know I didnt want to have a top speed of around 80MPH

~RossGo

Hey I didnt read thru this entire thread so I dont know if its been said already, but I asked my parents, who both have programming degrees and they told me that the top number possible in an 8 bit system is 255, not 256. I just tried this in the hack and went 60 miles an hour with no messages and all features availiable so I guess that they are right. I hope this is helpful, since I know I didnt want to have a top speed of around 80MPH

~RossGo

Where does the assumption that it must be an 8-bit number come from?

Yes

What I would like to point out here is that the "software" only bypass is not indeed a proper "software" only bypass if it requires a hardware modification from a normal install.

Someone else shot me down when I was looking for some legitimate feedback.

Ceger

~RossGo

Interestingly enough I used 256 and that also worked.

Now I Just need to know how to reset back to factory settings? My stereo is all messed up. System start up will not go off. My IPod will play but with no sound. It will not read a SD Card. The time is wrong and it shuts off and restarts every 2 minutes. This is horrible.

Copy back your original files you "should" have made a backup of before changing anything. At the very least, you should have a data-bak.zip on the unit you can use. You can also try oing to Nav Settings and try setting back to factory settings, but I think those only affect your settings made through those 4 interfaces.

Ceger