AVIC411.com

Progress Report

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any updates?

Not much lately... I am waiting for some people elsewhere to post their road blocking code...

road blocking? is it the detour mod?

couple of questions regarding your speedcam files,

1) can the speed limit be set on a mobile camera?

2) does it have settings for the spoken alert or is it being controlled in the unit settings?

2) does it have settings for the spoken alert or is it being controlled in the unit settings?

1. This would be more permanent roadblocks with scheduling (i.e. don't take this road on weekdays 9 to 5).

2. Not yet, I'm planning to steal Matt's...

1. This would be more permanent roadblocks with scheduling (i.e. don't take this road on weekdays 9 to 5).

1) interesting,

2) im'using his and found some bugs that i've spent a couple of days trying to sort out and it just keeps getting worst, as of this moment i reverted back to your original speedcam alert til i figure it out,

1) interesting,

2) im'using his and found some bugs that i've spent a couple of days trying to sort out and it just keeps getting worst, as of this moment i reverted back to your original speedcam alert til i figure it out,

What bugs did you find? I've been using mine for a few weeks and for the settings i use (custom warnings, beep on over speed limit, no beep on mobile cameras) I haven't had any issues so I'd be interested to know what problems you had to see if I can recreate them.

What bugs did you find? I've been using mine for a few weeks and for the settings i use (custom warnings, beep on over speed limit, no beep on mobile cameras) I haven't had any issues so I'd be interested to know what problems you had to see if I can recreate them.

1) when i have it set on custom and mobile beeps set on disabled i still have the warning beeps when i'm approaching a camera,

2) when setting up the speed of a mobile camera, the speed doesn't stick and just always shows no limit,

1) when i have it set on custom and mobile beeps set on disabled i still have the warning beeps when i'm approaching a camera,

2) when setting up the speed of a mobile camera, the speed doesn't stick and just always shows no limit,

1) The only camera type the mobile beep setting has an effect on are the mobile cameras, the other camera types (fixed, redlight+speed etc) beep depending on the other beep setting, that setting can be disabled, when approaching or over speed limit. What is yours set to? If you want no beeps ever then it should be set to disabled (I'm thought I tested this but not 100% sure).

2) I'll have to check this, again I thought I tested this and it was fine but I'm not 100% sure so next time i'm in the car I'll check it out.

1) The only camera type the mobile beep setting has an effect on are the mobile cameras, the other camera types (fixed, redlight+speed etc) beep depending on the other beep setting, that setting can be disabled, when approaching or over speed limit. What is yours set to? If you want no beeps ever then it should be set to disabled (I'm thought I tested this but not 100% sure).

2) I'll have to check this, again I thought I tested this and it was fine but I'm not 100% sure so next time i'm in the car I'll check it out.

1)even with the mobile beeps set to disabled the and the audible warning is set to custom i still get beeps

i'm trying to to figure out right now on how to sort it,

1)even with the mobile beeps set to disabled the and the audible warning is set to custom i still get beeps

In the custom speedcam settings there are 2 beep options:

Warning Beeps: This can be When Approaching, Over Speed Limit or Disabled.

Mobile Camera Beeps: On or Off

Have you got the first option? if you don't want beeps then Warning Beeps should be set to disabled and mobile camera beeps to off. Obviously the standard Audible warning option should be set to Custom.

In the custom speedcam settings there are 2 beep options:

Warning Beeps: This can be When Approaching, Over Speed Limit or Disabled.

Mobile Camera Beeps: On or Off

Have you got the first option? if you don't want beeps then Warning Beeps should be set to disabled and mobile camera beeps to off. Obviously the standard Audible warning option should be set to Custom.

yes, i have it set to disabled and off

yes, i have it set to disabled and off

If you have the Warning Beeps set to disabled then a variable vSCWCustBeeps should be set to 0. In speedcam.ui there is the following code that should prevent beeps when that variable is 0.

borism,

i'm currently using your speedcam scripts mixed with GTIMATT's script, i removed GTIMATT's option on spoken warning units and instead made a script that would call necessary spoken warning depending on the unit's being used (if KPH is used then KPH warning will be called, etc), also sucessfully created an option to turn the spoken warning on or off, during this process i noticed is that the speed limit that is being set is always on kph, i also tried the igo 8.3 using leetlauncher and even if the units is set in KPH in the regional setting whenever i'm going to add a new camera it still show kph, have you guys noticed this?

borism,

i'm currently using your speedcam scripts mixed with GTIMATT's script, i removed GTIMATT's option on spoken warning units and instead made a script that would call necessary spoken warning depending on the unit's being used (if KPH is used then KPH warning will be called, etc), also sucessfully created an option to turn the spoken warning on or off, during this process i noticed is that the speed limit that is being set is always on kph, i also tried the igo 8.3 using leetlauncher and even if the units is set in KPH in the regional setting whenever i'm going to add a new camera it still show kph, have you guys noticed this?

It does seem that internally all cameras are stored in KPH. I am still using the original screen for adding cameras, though, and that seems to be working in MPH nicely enough...

borism,

It does seem that internally all cameras are stored in KPH. I am still using the original screen for adding cameras, though, and that seems to be working in MPH nicely enough...

i'm currently working on this right now, still haven't dug too deeply but i agree that igo stores the cameras in kph