AVIC411.com

back up

What format did you use when you formated the cards? I think you need to use FAT.

When open explorer right click My Flash Disk, select COPY, go to your SD card, and select PASTE. You should then have a folder called Myflashdisk on the SD card.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've formatted all cards to Fat / Fat 32.

When I tell the Avic to copy anyway (even though I might not get all the files) I get the "Flash Disk" folder on my SD card. I did notice that it wants to take about 220 minutes to do this after it had been copying for 10 minutes.

I picked up a new card yesterday that is a 60 speed card. It still was really slow copying!

I appreciate all the help!

S.

Well it is slow to transfer. Do you have a USB flash drive? If so boot into testmode with your SD card, and a blank USB drive. Try Copy and Pasting to the USB drive instead. Just an idea.

Also did you let the unit finish the copy to the SD card? Just sit outside your house with the engine running and if it takes longer than 30 mins something is wrong. Be patient. Just because windows says it's going to take 220 minutes it may not. Let me know how you go.

Ok, I had the same problem, here is how to fix this:

1. A 2GB SD card works perfect, make sure it's formatted as FAT32

2. insert your card into a reader

3. open "my computer" in windows

4. right click on your sd card and select properties

5. select the "general" tab if you are not already there

6. (I use vista) you should see a field for a name (mine was empty !)

7. type in a name like mysdcard (that's what I used) NO SPACES !

8. All done, I was able to backup my F700's flash with no errors

OK, latest update.

I had a co-worker take my SD card home. He formatted it in Vista. Titled in all caps, no spaces.

Still no love. The 700 still says there is not enough space.

Thoughts?

S.

Do not click on "myflashdrive" and copy it to the sd card. Instead open myflashdrive highlight all of the files and folders then click copy, navigate to the sd card and click paste. There have been other that have ran into the same prob and that is how they got it to copy. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a question about the backup process.

I got past the available space issue by changing the name of the sd card.

But when I copied the flash disk to the card I got an error message about some file it couldnt copy. It didnt mention a complete file name. I think it was just a letter. I think a 't'. I tried it multiple times including turning off the radio and going back into test mode.

It did copy 1.61 gigs which I verified on my computer.

I just want to make sure there isnt anything missing that would stop me from restoring after applying one of the full hacked installs available for download.

I can try again to get more about the error message if the above is too vague.

i had already made a backup of my unit, my question is to re-install the backup onto the avic do i just put the sd card with "myflashdisk" copied of my comp back into the sd card reader on the unit and power it on? or will i have to manually copy the files of the sd card back on to the avic?

• 1 year later...

This is old, I have a 2GB formatted SD Card FAT32 (Sandisk Ultra II) I have put the 2 folders from testmode.zip into the root of the SD card.

Placed the SD card into the unit, then turned the car to ignition, and it just boots up as normal.

Any clues?

UPDATE: Tried a 4GB Panasonic card still the same, no testmode.

This is old, I have a 2GB formatted SD Card FAT32 (Sandisk Ultra II) I have put the 2 folders from testmode.zip into the root of the SD card.

Placed the SD card into the unit, then turned the car to ignition, and it just boots up as normal.

Any clues?

UPDATE: Tried a 4GB Panasonic card still the same, no testmode.

Problem solved, was using the wrong testmode zip version. Phew.

I'm at the beginning of trying to get testmode on my 700bt. I put the files on the sd card as instructed. The pioneer does not go to a white screen. It boots up normal like I don't have a card in there. Advice? I'm failing step one. :|

The following file was ADDED to the sdcard (2gb card, named but with no spaces) file: device.nng

I reformatted the disk and still isn't being seen.

I copied an MP3 file on the sdcard the pioneer can see that and it became an option in the music source and it's playing the song.

thanks.