AVIC411.com

Color Schemes

Here's a collection of 29 color schemes adapted for AVIC (thanks to twingos).

I haven't tested _all_ of them but the ones I did are OK :) If one of them blows up, it means that I did not change a file reference to point to ui_pioneer skin... Easy to fix.

EDITED:

Fixed up night schemes. You still need, in DATA.ZIP, to copy cursor_places.spr from common to common/night folder.

EDITED 12/22/2008:

Added Xerces 9.1 Winter schemes and Real-View scheme.

scheme.rar

Schemes.rar

RealViewV6.rar

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boris, I just downloaded the attachment and extracted it. How do I put these on the unit? Thanks

Take individual ZIP files (do not unzip them) and copy to APL2/IGO/CONTENT/SCHEME directory on the headunit (It should currently contain Pioneer Day/Night Red and Pioneer Day/Night BLue files).

Then go to Settings/Navi Settings/Visual/Map something/Map Colors and select Day or Night Map Color. It will give you a selector with available color schemes. Experiment until you find the one you like best.

Its nice to have some color options. But I need some help. I was scrolling through the choices and I loaded up the gerd_day and gerd_night schemes and when I went back to map, an error popped up and it kicked me out of the navigation mode.

Once kicked out, I could not get back into the navigation program, nor could I get to settings to change the scheme. When I finally shutdown and restarted my vehicle it keeps the startup message on and then 3 or 4 minutes into the loading it reboots.

During the bootup I can access CD, XM, SIRIUS, iPOD and HD RADIO, but NOT the settings to change the scheme or the navigation program.

Is there anyway to repair this?

Strange... GERD schemes actually work for me, but some others (Night ones -- UK Red, Old School, and some others) do have this problem. They refer to a file that we do not have.

Easy fix -- boot into Test mode, and delete the scheme file.

Fancier fix -- open up the archive and delete the line that refers to "cursor_places.spr" file.

OK, I've found out why it wasn't working right... Pioneer forgot to add one file to the /common/night folder in DATA.ZIP.

Copy cursor_places.spr from /common to /common/night folder inside the DATA.ZIP and all those schemes should work now...