AVIC411.com

Color Schemes

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for al the work!

I like chaning mapcolors very frequently. Is there an easy way to it myself?

I know i can download them from www.igo-8.com but how do i change them to the right resolution for the Avic (800 * 480)?

Thanks in advance.

Color schemes are completely resolution independent. The only thing you need to do to get most schemes working is to scan the color.ini and colr3d.ini (if any) files in the scheme archive and replace any references to ui_igo8 with either ui_pioneer or $skin$

Some schemes are making references to files that are not present in our skin, but I think I've posted all I have encountered so far in this thread...

Hey Boris...i need your help buddy! Everything seemed to be working fine then I went to try another color, and I got the same problem they were having before, where it kicked me out of nav settings, and now my system just continually reboots itself. I reset the unit, deleted the map files, put the original data.zip back in, still just keeps rebotting...i'm getting kinda nervous after the reset didn't work. Any ideas?

OK I asked this in another thread but maybe I should have asked this here. Does anybody have any tips or directions for or guidance or maybe a tutorial on messing around with the color.ini and color3d.ini files.

I'd like to create my own color scheme other than the ones I have already downloaded from the thread. Just not sure what I am looking at when reading these files.

Specifically how to change each color such as the general terrain to a color other than the gray that all of the day maps seem so fond of. Thanx everyone for all the contributions.

• 1 month later...
Boris - I added the Real View v6 schemes and the other schemes, and they all show up on the settings list for day and night - but I can select any scheme and they all look the same on mapview? - can you help?

I think all of Real View ones look pretty similar, author is just tweaking them a bit and adding things we can not activate in AVIC yet -- sun and sky display, multiple routes on screen, etc...