AVIC411.com

Euro Spec F900BT - Upgrade to Voice Control?

Hmm, well where do we go now then?

It sounds like the key to this is to get the English US option set, however the EU units arent allowing us to select them meaning their must be something somewhere telling them not too.

Thanks for making it easy Pioneer, we only paid £700.00 for this unit to find you disabled the best bits! :roll::roll:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to the guy who installs for my dealer today. I told him I was sadly surprised that it wasn't voice enabled. He told me I wasn't missing out on anything. He'd seen a demonstration of the VoiceBox sotware and he said it was a mess...

Do any of our american friends have any opinions on this?

Besides this, I posted to this thread earlier on that I think the unit may have our location hardwired. If the software checks that we're not going to get anywhere... Anybody know if this is the case?

Yes, it brings up the VC screen.

I suppose you could try adding a button to one of the screens that does EXEC command -- that does let you execute external executables.

That might at least tell you if VC is missing something or not...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Helloo i wanted to open this topic back up as i really want voice control on my EU F900BT any ideas, i noticed when installing the 1.9 update it does install voicebox software but i cant see any way of acticvating it.

Anyone?

UPDATE - I was fiddling around in test mode the other day and found the app which appears to control voice control the thing is i spoke and it could hear me because it done some commands but didnt actually recognise them well it appearted so anyway could anyone tell me the commands that are the US models so i could try one of two.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There seems to be loads of threads on this topic, I bet we (us Europeans) are annoying the hell out of you guys in the US with weekly posts about if and how we can get voice recognition :)

I have the F900BT sat in it's box, about to return it as I wanted the voice recognition for easy navigation of my iPod/iPhone library. Didn't think to check the UK website for the detailed specs, the US vids on YouTube sold it to me!! Was quite impressed with the "non-voice" iPod navigation though as most I've used have been really slow, but it's pretty fast on this unit. Thinking about getting the US F500BT now and just adding it to my existing system, as there will be no DVD region issues, no radio issues (as it uses the original stereo....doesn't it?) so will hopefully just be a case of updating the maps to the UK versions.

Noticed there hasn't been a post in this thread for a few months, don't suppose that's becasue there's a miracle "fix" to get voice rec that I don't know about? :roll:

If not......I'll pay the first person who can work it out a million pounds!!!! I mean dollars.....ok, I mean nothing!! But I'll be the happiest boy in the world and you'll be a god to so many :lol: