AVIC411.com

Official 2.0 Firmware Opinion/Results Thread

I have an iPod Video 30GB 5.5G that has dropped the connection twice today. It has been fine since the 2.0 update and now all of a sudden it's started this crap again. That... and the navigation won't stfu even after I put in the fixed version of Samantha, though that's a different story. Right now I'm holding off on putting my Kenwood 8120 up on ebay. I am really missing my Garmin nav.

Dude, same here. Stupid IPOD works for a week, then isn't recognized at bootup for days at a time, and resetting the headunit and IPOD doesn't help. What's with the IPOD staying on when the unit shuts off too? Is it supposed to be like that???

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thing is still crap. Sorry to be honest with those people who are happy with it, but it still has MAJOR problems. You are just living with the problems if they don't bother you.

Before 2.0 update, the IPOD would just drop out completely and give the error message that it lost connection.

Now with 2.0, the friking thing half the time isn't even recognized at bootup. You have to unplug the cable and reconnect it to get it working. I have already reported Pioneer to the better business bureau and they have attempted to call me twice but I was not available at the phone.

Also what is with the stupid SD card not showing any titles on the main screen but showing them on the map screen, and the SD card starting over at the beginning every time? How could anyone think that is acceptable?

This product is poor, inferior, and the AVIC Z3 COMPLETELY destroys this thing in every single aspect. Even the Navigation sucks on this thing compared to the Z3.

Dude! Effing sell it already then!

I hate to be honest with YOU, but my unit works, and let me say this slowly for you, P-E-R-F-E-C-T-L-Y. All I'm living with is a great aftermarket headunit that lets me voice command my iPod, talk on my Bluetooth phone hands-free, plays AM/FM, HD radio, XM satellite, navigation and play movies WHILE I DRIVE!

If yours doesn't then get rid of it, burn it, throw it off a bridge, use it as a doorstop, WHATEVER! But quit acting so butthurt and stop whining about it!

Plenty of us have had either no problems or very little! The fact that your unit is so problematic incredibly enough doesn't mean that all of ours are.

Let it go! You sound like some X Box fanboy on the Playstation network!

Post update results are good for me as well. (Avic F700BT purchased 1 month ago) Seeing all the same positives as everyone else but I am also seeing a little buggy behavior with the phone calls.

When making, receiving calls the call control box sometimes won't show up right away, sometimes not at all. Also when the call is disconnected sometimes it will sit there for 5-10 seconds before the music comes back on, one time it sat there for about 30 seconds!

IF the call box does show up, it usually works fine and disconnects right away when the call is ended.

There probably SHOULD be a bluetooth FW revision soon at the very least. If you look at the BT update packed with the 2.0 update, the BT update had RC3 in the name. Also known as "Release Candidate 3" which means it was pretty much a final release but could still have bugs and is not the OFFICIAL OFFICIAL final build of the bluetooth software.

I hate to be honest with YOU, but my unit works, and let me say this slowly for you, P-E-R-F-E-C-T-L-Y. All I'm living with is a great aftermarket headunit that lets me voice command my iPod, talk on my Bluetooth phone hands-free, plays AM/FM, HD radio, XM satellite, navigation and play movies WHILE I DRIVE!

If yours doesn't then get rid of it, burn it, throw it off a bridge, use it as a doorstop, WHATEVER! But quit acting so butthurt and stop whining about it!

Plenty of us have had either no problems or very little! The fact that your unit is so problematic incredibly enough doesn't mean that all of ours are.

Thank You! Some people do not deserve to have money...

I did some testing on the bluetooth, thought you all might find this interesting. Here's what I found using my Samsung SCH-U540 and the latest updates for my AVIC F700BT..

-Sound quality of the person I'm talking to is always good

-Sound quality of me to the other person in inconsistent. Upon call connection, about 50% of the time I sound very distant and poor quality, 'wax paper' or 'tinny' were used. Then, after 5-20 seconds, I start sounding better and better until it reaches 100% quality at which point I sound really good, almost as good as using the handset itself.

-I found that if I adjust the volume during the call (even though this is only adjusting the loudness of the caller on my speakers) it seems to start sounding better sooner. This may be factual or it may just be a coincidence.

So, the sound quality is capable of being very clear, but its not consistently good at call connection.

This thing is still crap. Sorry to be honest with those people who are happy with it, but it still has MAJOR problems. You are just living with the problems if they don't bother you.

Before 2.0 update, the IPOD would just drop out completely and give the error message that it lost connection.

Now with 2.0, the friking thing half the time isn't even recognized at bootup. You have to unplug the cable and reconnect it to get it working. I have already reported Pioneer to the better business bureau and they have attempted to call me twice but I was not available at the phone.

Also what is with the stupid SD card not showing any titles on the main screen but showing them on the map screen, and the SD card starting over at the beginning every time? How could anyone think that is acceptable?

This product is poor, inferior, and the AVIC Z3 COMPLETELY destroys this thing in every single aspect. Even the Navigation sucks on this thing compared to the Z3.

Awesome, yours works. Stop posting in this forum then. You have no business in here.

You can go f* yourself dude. How about that? I paid GOOD money for this piece of junk, and it's none of your business.

Read the title of the f*ing thread. OPINIONS. Mine is still broken. PERIOD.

Mr. WOMO is now my new hero..... It's about time someone finally said something....

People here are retarded obviously. This forum is for people having problems. If you don't fucking have any, go post somewhere else.

Thank you. Now I'm your hero.

Lesson. If you can't help anyone here, don't post.

You can go f* yourself dude. How about that? I paid GOOD money for this piece of junk, and it's none of your business.

it actually is my business, because of your retarded comments people are choosing other units, you are a dumbfuck you are the only one with the fucking issues, yet instead of calling Pioneer and telling them you bitch on here how it sucks, how you hate it and all the other fucking shit no one gives a fuck about. If you have a problem with it post it in problems and people MIGHT assist you, but dont go bitching and moaning and ruining all threads with this shit.

it actually is my business, because of your retarded comments people are choosing other units, you are a dumbfuck you are the only one with the fucking issues, yet instead of calling Pioneer and telling them you bitch on here how it sucks, how you hate it and all the other fucking shit no one gives a fuck about. If you have a problem with it post it in problems and people MIGHT assist you, but dont go bitching and moaning and ruining all threads with this shit.

Actually dickhead, I have called Pioneer 8 times, reported them to the BBB and started a petition against them about this. I was on the phone with them today actually.

Thank you, sit down and shut up. Opinion given.

Why the fuck are you even in this forum?

you are a dumbfuck you are the only one with the fucking issues, .

RETARDED POST OF THE YEAR ALERT. I AM THE ONLY ONE WITH ISSUES. I guess that's why theres about 300 posts in this forum.

Yup, you are incredibly stupid, and yeah I hope you do feel bad because I have talked about 10 people out of buying this junk.

Actually dickhead, I have called Pioneer 8 times, reported them to the BBB and started a petition against them about this. I was on the phone with them today actually.

Thank you, sit down and shut up. Opinion given.

Why the fuck are you even in this forum?

report a company to BBB due to user stupidity, yes... they will take you seriously... if you did what you even claim

sit down shut the fuck up? wow... real original...

I am on this forum like the other thousands of users to put in their 2 cents, well everyone but you who keeps bitching like its the time of the month.