AVIC411.com

Official 2.0 Firmware Opinion/Results Thread

After I applied the update I was still having issues with the Ipod and I was still seeing the gas poi icons on the screen. Even though I am pretty sure I followed the instructions step by step I was confused why for some people these issues were resolved and some of my issues stayed.

I then selected "Restore Factory Settings". And that seemed to fix the remaining issues. My Ipod has worked perfectly since and the gas icons have remained off like I wanted.

It's is weird that applying the update reset some of the settings but it wasn't until I did the factory restore that the rest of my issues were resolved.

Dave

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as everyone is discussing the Update worked! That doesn't get Pioneer off the hook yet.

Detail that I notice go away:

- When stopped at an intersection the my arrow no longer slightly starts turning for no reason.

Detail That I can't get working:

- I can't seem to get GOOG411's (800) number in my contacts. Every time I try to use the HU Google411 icon it's still calling a non-free number. I've tried almost everything to get this to work. my contacts will not retain the (800) number.

Has anyone goten the (800) google number working through contacts, or how is the best way to call that number?

Well as everyone is discussing the Update worked! That doesn't get Pioneer off the hook yet.

Detail that I notice go away:

- When stopped at an intersection the my arrow no longer slightly starts turning for no reason.

Detail That I can't get working:

- I can't seem to get GOOG411's (800) number in my contacts. Every time I try to use the HU Google411 icon it's still calling a non-free number. I've tried almost everything to get this to work. my contacts will not retain the (800) number.

Has anyone goten the (800) google number working through contacts, or how is the best way to call that number?

Yes, I mad a contact named 411 with this number: 1-800-466-4411

It takes less time to get to in the contacts anyway!

Is there a way to undo the update?

Before:

iPod worked flawlessly.

Bluetooth worked flawlessly.

After Update:

iPod disconnects and drops every 1 to 2 minutes, making listening to the iPod unbearable.

Bluetooth (blackberry) keeps dropping out.

My system worked great before the update, it just had a long boot time, and now the boot time is much shorter, but I got problems.

Yeah for me the Bluetooth worked better before. Now the people I call is hearing a lot of noise in the background and is having a hard time understanding me. I have a Casio GZone phone. I would like to go to the old version of the bluetooth update.

I wish they could make the reverse camera come on faster. There have been many times that I am waiting on the unit to change screens.

Here Ipod classic still dropping one channel (driver side) between 1 and 3 times in 30m. Every time you turn on the car you do not know if it will play on both channels or not.

To select a route you still have to go trough 3 sub menus....

Phone system still cannot send tones therefore rendering useless auto dial into conference calls or voice mail systems (unless you call from your handset - illegal now in some west coast states.. :)

Initiating a call from the AVIC while listening music will bring you to the map screen, instead of ipod screen for example, and render the AVIC unresponsive for a while

I still have to play with VR. Will try next.

While things improved there are still some usability issues and hiccups that requires a...2.1 firmware update. Pioneer seems to be listening as this is the 2nd update in 6 months.

-S

Well, as for me. This update has been great. I have everything working fine now. Only real complaint I have is when recieving calls it goes to that Map screen. Which makes no sense but, I can live with that.

Other then that, My contacts copied over after several tries. Calls are still clear and my iPod hasn't had an issue at all. Everything works and plays. Video's, music, ect. Other then losing my EQ settings on the update. I can say this was a good purchase and, I do hope Pioneer fixes any remaining issues soon.

Thank you Pioneer!!! :D

I have an iPod Video 30GB 5.5G that has dropped the connection twice today. It has been fine since the 2.0 update and now all of a sudden it's started this crap again. That... and the navigation won't stfu even after I put in the fixed version of Samantha, though that's a different story. Right now I'm holding off on putting my Kenwood 8120 up on ebay. I am really missing my Garmin nav.

overall i am very pleased with the update. mainly i am pleased with how must faster everything seems to be (boot time, bluetooth phone connection, touch screen response...).

however, there are a few things that I am still not happy with. some have always been there but some are new.

starting with bluetooth:

i have a Verizon Razr2 V9M. before the update my phone book tranferred easily on the first try. after I did the BT update it took me about 20 tries before it finally worked. the first 19 tries either gave me a "No Telephone Number" error or would start loading data and then the unit would restart.

now that i finally got my phone book to transfer it still doesnt list HOME, MOBILE, WORK next to my conacts. it just says JOHN DOE 3 times if I have 3 different numbers for JOHN DOE. if I say "call JOHN DOE" it will tell me to pick which number to call and it lists all 3 numbers as "GENERAL" on the screen. although, before the update i did have ONE contact with GENERAL, WORK, AND MOBILE listed at this stage but it was just that one contact.

futher, my bluetooth control screen that SHOULD pop up when making or receiving calls doesnt always appear. especially when making calls via VR, after connecting to GOOGLE-411 or when dialing a contact directly from my phone

other things that should have been changed in my opinion are:

- the ability to change the track/compass direction on both 2D and 3D modes.

- a more handy bluetooth control screen. something more than the HANG UP/Volume Control buttons. for instance, a button that automatically switches back to my handset for private calls would be nice.

- the ability to control voicemail menus via the touch screen. (i havent tested this on the new software but im just assuming this wasnt an added feature)

- have the voice guidance of the navi give directions a little less frequently. particularly when entering/exiting the highway. it doesnt need to tell me 5 times to prepare to enter the highway while i am already on the entry ramp. perhaps even an adjustable setting for this type of thing. drivers who are not confident with their own sense of direction can have voice guidance set to high and someone who simply needs general directions and doesnt need their hand held can set it to low.

- pause CD or ipod when making/receiving a bluetooth call rather than just muting the volume.

- eliminate the TIME TO DESTINATION/DISTANCE TO DESTINATION box when no route is set OR make those features usable even when a route is not set. for example, it does not show you the speed limit when you do not have a route set if the speed limit is one of your criteria. personally, i would actually like it to tell me the speed limit at all times.

- navi should tell you what side of the street your destination is on.

- radio preset buttons should not be so close together. maybe its just me but i dont always hit the correct button on the first try due to car movement and bumps etc...

- it would be nice if there was a CANCEL ROUTE button on the map screen so you dont have to go through 2 or 3 menus just to cancel a route.

i think ill stop here because i could go on forever. i figure there is a change pioneer will read this thread looking for feedback.

great improvement. kudos pioneer.

one thing i wish they would've added would be speed sensitive volume control... but that might be difficult since each car's audio system and acoustics are different. unlike car manufacturers that can calibrate the system with a known car model.

not griping, i think pioneer is finally delivering on their product. still. it'd be nice to have.

you have to go in the settins and there is a setting for that aswell and you can change the speed that it kicks in at as low as 30-40k/h and 140 i think is max

I'm talking about the US version? I'm guessing by your use of the "k/h" that you're not in the US.

There is a speed sensitive setting, but that only affects the navigation voice and alert prompts, not the music/video volume.