AVIC411.com

IN PROGRESS: Fixing up Samantha

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
If I new how to do what you are doing. i'll help,lol, But yes I think thats very important to improve her. Im tired of using the guy.. Keep doing the good job. ??????? Does any 1s know how too make this unit tell u the street when you adding the address or get to your location like the Garmin?

thats the problem, the guy will NEVER announce street names because his speech is not Text-To-Speech. meaning that there is a reason why his voice sounds a lot more smooth and natural, because they recorded his voice in whole phrases "turn at the next right", "turn in 1 mile".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

eh, i've sortof given up for now. I've given up on trying new Nuance voices because it seems the engine itself just sucks. It sounds crappy no matter which voice you use, and refuses to pronounce highway number correctly, which was my biggest complaint. I'm trying to get the Loquendo engine working, which seems to be what the majority of the iGo community uses, but so far I havent been able to make it work. I'm also hoping we can get iGo 8.3 running on the F as that may make it easier for me to get Loquendo working. I'm actually going to be focusing most of my time trying to get 8.3 working on the F right now.

Is there a way to get Samantha to say street names instead of "Take the next right"

She says this I've noticed when there is less than about 400ft to the turn.

If it's more than that, she'll say "prepare to turn right in 1000ft onto Jefferson Ln"

But, if the next turn is within 400-500ft, all she says is "take the next right"

Can I have her say the street name instead?

• 2 months later...
I don't know if you got around to testing yet, but i did notice saturday night that although i was getting fewer prompts up to my turn, i would ofter get the final "take the next left/right" prompt twice in a row.

I'm still getting this problem after installing this mod. How do I go back to the default settings for Samantha?

• 2 weeks later...
I don't understand, My Nav voice is a guy and he sounds like a regular person. Samantha only shows up on my VR option not on anything else.

F900BT

Am I missing something? I have been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now, just installed my unit 3/21 does no one else have the guys voice during the NAV operation?

The male voice is not standard - sounds like yours got switched somehow, probably when being updated. Go to System Settings, then Language, to change your voice. The standard option is English (Samantha) with TTS.

Quite honestly though, I keep it on the guy's voice for two reasons: it's recorded, so sounds better; and because he doesn't say any street names, he shuts up faster! :D