AVIC411.com

Next update request, Dear Pioneer please add:

It will be interesting what they add in the new series. Whenever that may be.

Safe to say no added features maybe go so far as to assume no additional updates either. Considering the call volume to the customer service will prob drop 90 percent thanks to the 2.0 update.

So lets keep calling and bothering customer service.

The ability when in shuffle mode (ipod) the ability to push the artist name to bring up all the songs from that artist or push the album name and get all the songs from that album.

I think it would be nice when a song pops up and you think, wow, I would like to hear some more from that artist you push the artist name on the screen and it pulls it up. Same thing on the album.

The ability to have my helio oceans phonebook transfer.

The ability when in shuffle mode (ipod) the ability to push the artist name to bring up all the songs from that artist or push the album name and get all the songs from that album.

I think it would be nice when a song pops up and you think, wow, I would like to hear some more from that artist you push the artist name on the screen and it pulls it up. Same thing on the album.

++++10!!!!

Now *THAT* is a useful feature request! Though... I would like this functionality in any playback mode on the iPod, not just in shuffle mode.

In the event they actually read this thread, here's what i'd like to see..

Phone calls don't automatically switch to the map screen.

Phone calls pause CD playback. I listen to audiobooks and miss parts of the story because of phone calls.

Bigger buttons on the phone controls.

More colorful screens on the audio playback. The white on black is boring. How about the ability to choose a background screen?

Fix the presets on the HD screens so it remembers the station names.

Add a voice mute (copy the hack here) on the map screen.

Ability to change the clock size and color. Can the clock be 'drag'-able? Pull it to where you want it? Size it the way you want? Offer different styles?

Clock displayed on EVERY screen. I don't just need a clock while I have the map screen up. I need it all the time.

Have the volume of radio/cd/aux input increase and decrease with speed. Road noise drowns out playback. At high speeds, increase it to a set number and lower speeds to a minimum number.

Button on the pop-up phone menu to switch off bluetooth and force it back to the handset. Under noisy environment, I have to dig out the phone, find the cancel bluetooth button which is unsafe and a major distraction. Canceling from the popup would make it so all I would have to do is dig out phone and hold to ear, not distracting my eyes from the road.

Permanent cancel route button on map screen (like the compass hack).

Permanent 'add place' button on map screen which 'marks' you current location in your POI database for later retrieval. I know this is buried in a sub menu, but would be nice to have right on the nav screen.

I'll add more later :-)

how about making the unit a little more ergonomically friendly by putting the on screen controls on the left side. I hate having to reach across the screen to control my cd/ipod/radio station. Maybe not such a big deal in a smaller car, but I drive a behemoth.

What is that? A hearse? :lol: Very cool looking!

• 6 months later...
In the event they actually read this thread, here's what i'd like to see..

Phone calls don't automatically switch to the map screen.

Phone calls pause CD playback. I listen to audiobooks and miss parts of the story because of phone calls.

My wife showed me this problem on the F90 I installed for her over the weekend. Does anybody know of a hack to solve this? She listens to audiobooks constantly and it's a pretty big problem for her. I can see where most people might not even notice the problem with the typical 3-5 minute songs, but with an audiobook and long chapters with important information, it's terrible.

The Sirius radio interface can show any of Station, Composer, Artist, or Song. There's room on the screen, so why not display all of the above??

Also, the unit should have memory, much like a PVR, so you can pause a song, and pick it up from the point that you paused it.