AVIC411.com

How To: Turn The Redlight/Speedcam Features On.

You could simply apply files that are changed for speedcams (one line in SYS.TXT, not strictly necessary), speedcamXXX.ui, and placeXXX.ui on top of Mav's mods. I do not think his change any of these files...

Speedcam and Place UI files, and not setting and place ones? That might be why I had the problem. Any new BMPs that need to be moved over as well?

I am asking because your zip had the latter 2 and not the speedcam one in it.

Ceger

I made more changes than just speedcams in mine. Settings could be used too, but they mostly let you turn cams on and off, if you turn them on in SYS.TXT they will just stay like that...

Is that why you said that the debug addition for speedcam enablement in the SYS.TXT file was unnecessary? Also, did you mean to include the SpeedCam UI's file in your zip then, as opposed to Setting UI's?

Just trying to sort this out, otherwise I will just have to find the time to integrate the Mav mods into this DATA.zip file.

Ceger

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that why you said that the debug addition for speedcam enablement in the SYS.TXT file was unnecessary? Also, did you mean to include the SpeedCam UI's file in your zip then, as opposed to Setting UI's?

Just trying to sort this out, otherwise I will just have to find the time to integrate the Mav mods into this DATA.zip file.

Ceger

You could use speedcam.ui files form my thread, just make sure not to use the latest ones that were posted separately -- those are work in progress for voice announcements -- only work in Russian for now.

My settings files should be fine. Just adding the entry to SYS.TXT will activate cameras, but then you won't be able to turn them off without changing the file back. Speedcam.ui files are for displaying the little warning sign on screen and editing cameras. You could use stock ones.

• 3 weeks later...
Wiske,

Even the up to date databases contain a lot of 'made up' locations.

During 2 weeks driving, I deleted about 12 cam positions, and added 8.

hi paq, i've seen a lot of your posts and i also saw you are in holland problaby... which database do you use? the POICON one?

I dont care so much if some are made up locations, but i would prefer that then a Db that is missing a lot of actual speedcams..

my question still stands, does the POICON db work with this mod?

the database provided in this thread contains only the USA speedcams right?

I now converted the latest tomtom speedcams file(ov2) to Igo format... very easy with a nice prog..

I was wondering if there is a limit to speedcam database txt files you can put in the speedcam folder?

If i have 5 it will just use all of them, am i right?

I now converted the latest tomtom speedcams file(ov2) to Igo format... very easy with a nice prog..

Any chance you can post the "nice prog."?? I would like to get my Tomtom OV2 files to the F700BT as well.

oww i'm sorry.. i wrote the post too fast...

the link from where i got it.. Its called Export2Igo.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.p ... ic&t=55769

Touch the cam icon to place the red target symbol on it, it has to be directly on top of it. Hit map info, save as, edit cam, and then hit delete.

The icon is so damn small!! Let me get this right. You touch the icon on a particular map spot and it's supposed to bring up an edit page? Because if this is so it is not working on mine but the warnings are okay. I still have the issue of them reading at 66MPH and I would love to be able to edit this facet of it at least.

Thanx for the help!

Bud

Touch the cam icon to place the red target symbol on it, it has to be directly on top of it. Hit map info, save as, edit cam, and then hit delete.

The icon is so damn small!! Let me get this right. You touch the icon on a particular map spot and it's supposed to bring up an edit page? Because if this is so it is not working on mine but the warnings are okay. I still have the issue of them reading at 66MPH and I would love to be able to edit this facet of it at least.

Thanx for the help!

Bud

once you clicked on the camera hit the route confirm button, then save as, then edit camera