AVIC411.com

Last Word on Pac Audio and SWI-PS

Does this thing work or not? I've found inconclusive evidence so far on this forum.. I e-mailed Pac-Audio and their repsonse was

" Currently the unit is not compatible with the Avic unit but some users on avic411.com report it does with the new update, an updated unit is scheduled to be released by the end of the year"

I'm trying to install my new 90bt in a 06 Titan LE with the Rockford system, and a little scared. I might just wait until the new PAc unit comes out. Is there another alternative?

I'm also trying to find the stock double din radio bezel that i found searching around this forum but the part number is wrong and I can't find it on http://www.factorynissanparts.com/partl ... eid=214081

Thanks ,

y

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found this under trouble shooting.

We (PAC) are trying to get feedback on the incompatibility issues right now.WE know it not to be 100% compatible at this time, meaning it will not do the presets. We are hearing that it does work.Im assuming the people that say it does work, their cars arent equipt with presets on the steering wheel.

If you having problems please let me know the vehicle year and what its not doing.

FYI, we are releasing a new revision, sometime after CES, so i suggest not buying the new SWI-PS till then if you are having problems.The piece will also retain factory bluetooth if equipt.

Mario

Sales/Techinical

I just completed an install of the F90BT and the SWI-PS in to an 07 Civic Si.

My findings are as follows:

The SWI-PS DOES work with the F90BT, but does not work well. Others may have had a better experience, and I'm not sure if my problems are caused by the SWI-PS, the AVIC, or a combination of the two.

There is a rather noticeable delay between when a button is pressed and when the AVIC responds. Sometimes when pressing a button only once (volume), it isn't recognized at all. After holding the volume button down and releasing, the AVIC will continue the turn the volume up for a second or two before stopping.

It's better than nothing, but not perfect by any means.

I called pac technical support and while the swi-ps does work with the f90bt it does not fully function properly. fm presets do not work and some other issues.

Pac told me there is a new piece that will be out within 90 days that will work with our units.. Only problem is probally another $50 out of our pockets for it.

The SWI-PS DOES work with the F90BT, but does not work well. Others may have had a better experience, and I'm not sure if my problems are caused by the SWI-PS, the AVIC, or a combination of the two.

There is a rather noticeable delay between when a button is pressed and when the AVIC responds. Sometimes when pressing a button only once (volume), it isn't recognized at all. After holding the volume button down and releasing, the AVIC will continue the turn the volume up for a second or two before stopping.

x2

Same findings in my 08 STI. Laggy etc with my F700BT.

• 1 month later...

Just installed mine yesterday along with F900BT/GEX-P10HD HD Radio tuner. Same problem. Pressing and releasing the button quickly is not recognized by the SWI-PS/900BT. When the button is held it jumps in volume quickly. I am getting used to it but is still not a clean operation as with the factory radio. The system was installed in an '05 F150.

Just installed mine yesterday along with F900BT/GEX-P10HD HD Radio tuner. Same problem. Pressing and releasing the button quickly is not recognized by the SWI-PS/900BT. When the button is held it jumps in volume quickly. I am getting used to it but is still not a clean operation as with the factory radio. The system was installed in an '05 F150.

Welcome to the group, we all have this issue.

I have a 08 Nissan Titan LE and used to have an Avic D3 installed, till someone went Christmas shopping in my truck.

Many of the people at http://www.titantalk.com use the factory XE double din radio face plate when installing a navigation system. Being an LE though you need the one with the readout for the dual climate controls. The XE bezel probably won't have that. So, your next best option is http://www.BESTKITS.COM. They make some of the higher quality bezels of any aftermarket company. Just wish they would make a bezel for the 08 Titans. They just came out with one that will fit your 06.

Bunk454 Posted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just had the Avic 900BT installed in my 07 EX Civic Sedan and the installer only programed the buttons to do the volume and track-up function... I asked him if he could also program the steering wheel controls for the presets but he said it wasn't possible. Bunk454 were you able to program your steering wheel controls to do the track up/down and presets ? I'd love to be able to control both track up/down and the presets like it was when it was stock.

Floppy187,

In my F150 the steering wheel radio control buttons could be assigned to ANY of the functions available through the SWI-PS used for the control of the radio. Doing a quick search on the pac-audio site turned up the folowing instructions for your car.

Sounds like the installer didn't know how to set it up or the function combination you were looking for is not available...the specific setup instructions are found on THIS PAGE

You can see that all of the following options are available when installed properly in your 07 Civic (taken from the linked page):

Programming order for

SWI-PS

N/A

1 Volume Up

2 Volume Down

3 Mute

4 Track Up/ Seek Up

5 Track Down/ Seek Down

6 Source

7 Preset Up/ Disc Up

8 Preset Down/ Disc Down

9 Band

Most likely they didn't know how to skip functions to get to the preset up/down functions you were asking for, or that because those buttons are set to track/seek-up/down function they cannot be reused for a separate function (preset/disc-up/down) as shown in the list. Unfortunately the track/preset-up/down combination is not an option on the SWI-PS.

If you follow the setup instructions that I linked to above you can set the function you want the button to perform regardless of what it was used for with the original radio.

Hope that helps,

Matt