AVIC411.com

XM November 2008 updated logos here...D/N/F/Z series!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work, Vandal!... 2.gif

I just dropped them into my F700 tonight, and all is well. I personally think they look even better than the originals!... 8)

My only (very minor) issue is with the XM55 logo. There isn't enough contrast with the gray background, so it's hard to make out the green "Margaritaville" text... :(

DPS091.jpg

-Eric

Great work, Vandal!... 2.gif

I just dropped them into my F700 tonight, and all is well. I personally think they look even better than the originals!... 8)

My only (very minor) issue is with the XM55 logo. There isn't enough contrast with the gray background, so it's hard to make out the green "Margaritaville" text... :(

DPS091.jpg

-Eric

Yes...I found that choice of colors for that logo somewhat unfriendly to the eyes at any size. I can try upping the contrast in photoshop for the next update.

It would be nice if I could find get the color profile for the AVIC LCD screens. Anyone know the LCD manufacturer Pioneer uses? The color profile would come from them.

BIG THANKS TO ALL THE HARD WORK THAT WENT INTO THE NEW LOGOS,

THANKS ALL WHO WERE INVOLVED THE NEW LOGOS LOOK WONDERFUL ON MY D3. :D

I replaced my the three folders posted and made a new .iso file. Burned it and now there are NO images in XM. It is actually kind nice (nothing, not even a blank box or the goofy placeholder logo) It never needs to be updated again this way since it is text only. :lol:

I am going to try to just copy and paste the contents of the folders into the existing of the D3 disc. Maybe that is where I messed up.

Even if it doesn't work for me... Thanks for ALL of you and your hard work!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Vandal, as has been said before - YOU FREAKING ROCK!

That was sweet! :D

Thank you SOOOOO much for these logos! This was the first time I attempted to hack into this unit (software-wise) and it was a piece of cake! Such a nice feeling to see those logos again, and no need to pay for the map discs whenever those might be available.

I saw earlier in this thread someone asking if there was some way to get a PayPal contribution to you. If there is I'd love to contribute to your hard work "beer fund"!

MUCH appreciated! I'll thank you every time I listen to my XM stations!

Cheers,

Kev

First, please forgive me for this question, but at this point I am desperate. I have an Avic D3. I made an iso of my East disc using dvd decrypter. I then extracted the files, opened it up, did exactly as you said to do with the new xm logo files. Then, I made a new iso and burned it to a Memorex DVD+R DL disc.

The problem is that I have done this 14 times and not one of those 14 discs worked! The AVIC says that there is either an invalid disc or asks me to insert the appropriate disc. It simply will not read any disc I make regardless of the software I use. I have used Nero, DVD decrypter, Alcohol 120 and Ultra ISO. I am going insane!!! Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have an LG burner (GSA-H55L). The lowest it will let me burn is on 4X speed for some reason. I also am running this on Windows Vista. I also upgraded to the newest firmware. As I've said, I put off asking this question but now I'm just at the end of my rope. Please Help!

I just did the file copy on my f series . Thank you !! It works perfectly! Who knew it would be that easy!

Just so its very obvious, you must follow the instructions getting the unit into test mode to get the new files copied onto the unit just like you would any windows computer, easiest to use the stylus and it takes 3 taps to access folders instead of 2.

All this information can be found as a sticky in the hacks/mods for the f series.

First, please forgive me for this question, but at this point I am desperate. I have an Avic D3. I made an iso of my East disc using dvd decrypter. I then extracted the files, opened it up, did exactly as you said to do with the new xm logo files. Then, I made a new iso and burned it to a Memorex DVD+R DL disc.

The problem is that I have done this 14 times and not one of those 14 discs worked! The AVIC says that there is either an invalid disc or asks me to insert the appropriate disc. It simply will not read any disc I make regardless of the software I use. I have used Nero, DVD decrypter, Alcohol 120 and Ultra ISO. I am going insane!!! Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have an LG burner (GSA-H55L). The lowest it will let me burn is on 4X speed for some reason. I also am running this on Windows Vista. I also upgraded to the newest firmware. As I've said, I put off asking this question but now I'm just at the end of my rope. Please Help!

I am sure you probably tried this, but make sure in Nero that the finalize CD (even though it is a DVD) is checked. *** Also before you burn, do a media check through the NERO software and make sure it recognizes that the DVD is a DL, otherwise it may not be communicating with your DVD recorder properly.

I did a burn and it worked (after I realized to add the content to the folders rather than replace.)

When making the ISO, make sure to do a save as instead of save. I have found that saving over a current ISO does not work great when burning this disc.

The only issue I have is that once in a while the screen goes black, resets the radio, and then it is fine. This has only happened twice... if it persists I will try another burning.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving. 8)

Again... VANDAL, YOU DID AN AWESOME JOB! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! :mrgreen: