AVIC411.com

Maverickster's Mods - UPDATED 12/9/08

just to avoid a whole rack of reading.. If I download his data.zip and just copy it when in WIN CE.. will I get all of these mods?

Yep, that's all there is to it. Don't forget to backup or rename your current data.zip file. Let us know how it goes for ya. :)

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys if this is a dumb question.... I've used winrar to view the data.zip file, so that I can chance the navi settings that Maverickster has made for us. However, when I open the .ui files, it's a "read only" file, and I can't make changes to it to adjust the ;clock settings, and so on. For example: when I click on the "navigatemap_800_480.ui" file, it opens up in "notebook" on my pc as a "view" file.

Do I have to unzip the data.zip file first? I ask, because when I modified the parking-brake speed, I only had to open winrar, and "view" the file to change the parking-brake setting. Or ... maybe I have to open this up and change it on the unit in test-mode????

What am I doing wrong that I can't change the text in the .ui files? Also, I'm new to winrar.... sorry that this is obviously a NOOB Q. But, if I DO have to unzip the files to make changes, how to I "re-compress" the files back into the "data.zip" folder to change it out on my unit.... which is a f700bt if anyone cares! :wink:

Thanks for your time - and thanks for the posts!

Sorry guys if this is a dumb question.... I've used winrar to view the data.zip file, so that I can chance the navi settings that Maverickster has made for us. However, when I open the .ui files, it's a "read only" file, and I can't make changes to it to adjust the ;clock settings, and so on. For example: when I click on the "navigatemap_800_480.ui" file, it opens up in "notebook" on my pc as a "view" file.

Do I have to unzip the data.zip file first? I ask, because when I modified the parking-brake speed, I only had to open winrar, and "view" the file to change the parking-brake setting. Or ... maybe I have to open this up and change it on the unit in test-mode????

What am I doing wrong that I can't change the text in the .ui files? Also, I'm new to winrar.... sorry that this is obviously a NOOB Q. But, if I DO have to unzip the files to make changes, how to I "re-compress" the files back into the "data.zip" folder to change it out on my unit.... which is a f700bt if anyone cares! :wink:

Thanks for your time - and thanks for the posts!

Just save the changed file to a normal filesystem location and when done, replace the file in the zip with the one you created. Most zip programs will not allow you to edit the file in the zip. It is really not a big issue, particularly when you can just drag and drop into the zip.

Ceger

It's really easy to make these changes using winrar, don't unzip anything but instead of using winrar's view feature just double click on the file. It'll open up into notepad and you can change whatever you want. After you save and close there will be a prompt within winrar asking if you want to update the archive, choose yes and you're done.

Thanks guys - I got it working without a problem. Except --- The speedo/altimeter MOD. Maverick says we have to delete all occurrences of map.ZOOMVIEW..... Any of you know exactly where they are and how many? Also, he provides the spot for the code, but I don't see what we replace. One more Q - I've seen MOD's for 3D buildings. I'm in Detroit area, but usually in the burbs and not downtown. I've never seen the 3D buildings on the unit before - are they only in the main city areas? I'm not going to bother with the MOD if it won't really apply to me.

Thanks again!

Thanks to Maverickster!!!!

I just installed my new F700BT. While I was waiting for it to arrive I found this great forum. After using the unit 1 day, I knew I wanted Maverickster's hacks. I applied the Parking Brake Speed hack to Maverickster's Data.zip file & now my Nav Unit is much easier to use & I love disabling the annoying voice prompts when I don't need them.

Thanks so much,

Paul

Thanks to Maverickster!!!!

I just installed my new F700BT. While I was waiting for it to arrive I found this great forum. After using the unit 1 day, I knew I wanted Maverickster's hacks. I applied the Parking Brake Speed hack to Maverickster's Data.zip file & now my Nav Unit is much easier to use & I love disabling the annoying voice prompts when I don't need them.

Thanks so much,

Paul

I've heard rumors he is working on such a button for our wives

(mine can give a lot of annoying instructions too)

I've heard rumors he is working on such a button for our wives

(mine can give a lot of annoying instructions too)

LOL what about a kill-switch.................... :lol:

Or instead of bypassing the parking-brake hack, ENGAGING mute when I'm driving.

Too many posts to read, but has anyone suggested making the clock easier to read when you're on any of the audio screens? I.e. Ipod, FM, etc...

Shawn

I am not sure if you can edit non-navigation screens. It is not part of the code you can change via the ui files.

Ceger