AVIC411.com

data.zip combined keeper22 and lilngineer & Building fil

just to clarify guys, so I uncompress the data.rar file, then place the data.zip file in the usual My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo/ directory, right?

What do I do with the sys.txt, finalnew.ttf, finalold.ttf, and tahoma1.ttf files?

thanks in advance...

Those also go into My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo/, next to DATA.ZIP.

I added the 3 files to the Igo folder now my map version now says 1.000600 before the mod it said 1.000800. My house is also off by 4 houses in the gps

Where can I get my original sys.txt file anyone have one. Thats if thats the problem

This stuff is great

If you think the SYS.TXT is the problem, just delete it. The unit will rebuild it on next reboot. Now that is under the assumption that the other sysXXX.txt files are still there and untouched.

Thanks for the fast answer, I will give it a try I still can't figure out what drives what but I think Im learning

Thanks again

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

best data.zip I've seen so far. I added this, the new maps, and some other things and have it set the way I want finally. There are a few things I'd like to change though. I want to change the blue box column on the left. I've got the navigatemap_800_400.ui open but am a bit lost. How can I remove some icons, add icons, change icon types/paths, etc.? I know for sure I don't need the MSN traffic or the Favorites shortcuts in that blue column, so if I could start by getting rid of those/condensing the blue column, I'd be happy.

edit: nevermind, I think I figured out how to deleted those icons, now I just need to figure out what all the parameters mean so I can add/edit icons

If you think the SYS.TXT is the problem, just delete it. The unit will rebuild it on next reboot. Now that is under the assumption that the other sysXXX.txt files are still there and untouched.

No, it does not rebuild SYS.TXT. Firmware update has an original one, however...

No, it does not rebuild SYS.TXT. Firmware update has an original one, however...

Thanks BorisM

just to be sure its the one in the igo floder the same as the data zip is that correct. There are so many copies of the files and folders I get confused

Thanks again

I now have buildings show on my unit as well as the pre-loaded landmarks. I simulated a route through downtown Chicago and there was literally hundreds of buildings showing. With that type of density of buildings showing, the button presses were noticeably slower to take effect. In a couple cases during simulation the the scheme turned to a all black background. Probably due to the speed of the simulation where the processor could not draw the image fast enough to keep.

This past Sunday we went to The Field Museum of Natural History and on the way my screen went black as if in night mode. It happened at the same spot as it did when I ran the simulation. Well guess what, it's wasn't due to the density of all the buildings and a slow processor. It was because I was in a fricken tunnel and that's why it turned to night view. Within 5 seconds of exiting the tunnel the scheme went back to day view.

Thanks BorisM

just to be sure its the one in the igo floder the same as the data zip is that correct. There are so many copies of the files and folders I get confused

Thanks again

Yep that's where it is. Not contained in the zip but in the same area where you change the zip files. The content folder is there too as well as several loose files.

Thanks BorisM

Thanks again

You're welcome.

Main SYS.TYXT is in the main application directory My Flash Drive :arrow: APL2 :arrow: IGO

not in a zip.

This past Sunday we went to The Field Museum of Natural History and on the way my screen went black as if in night mode. It happened at the same spot as it did when I ran the simulation. Well guess what, it's wasn't due to the density of all the buildings and a slow processor. It was because I was in a fricken tunnel and that's why it turned to night view. Within 5 seconds of exiting the tunnel the scheme went back to day view.

Technically speaking ;) it is a special Tunnel mode, not night mode. If you look in color.ini files in schemes, there are settings for 3d_tunnel_XXX...

Alright, after playing with it, here's what I'd like to change, if anybody could help me with what I need to change in the navigatemap file, I'd appreciate it:

1. I'd like to get rid of the MSN traffic icon and the Favorites icon. I've already done this, but I'm left with two blank blue squares. I'd like to get rid of these, and have it show the top 3 squares or remove the top/bottom and show the middle 3, if this makes any sense.

2. For the bar at the top (when not navigating) I'd like to have a "/ SPEEDLIMIT" (where it's the speed limit of the road) next to the speed you're traveling so I know how fast I'm going, and what the speed limit is. Also, I want to move the elevation information over a little so I have more room for all of this.

3. If I could squeeze the same "/ speedlimit" in with the mph in that little box on the bottom left WHEN navigating, that'd also be awesome.

I read that the speedcam mod was already in this data.zip. What does it take to enable it and get it working? Finally, I shouldn't have any issue doing the custom POI icon mod with this data.zip should I?

Its is a nice Data.Zip but i gave two questions

1: There is no TMC infromation displayed anymore. I changed the $tmc2.sp to $tmc.sp but still no go. anybody an idea?

I have a eu 90BT model.

2: I really like the 3d with sky look but when i navigate is still see only streets.. is there a way to lock the view?

let me know

Its is a nice Data.Zip but i gave two questions

1: There is no TMC infromation displayed anymore. I changed the $tmc2.sp to $tmc.sp but still no go. anybody an idea?

I have a eu 90BT model.

2: I really like the 3d with sky look but when i navigate is still see only streets.. is there a way to lock the view?

let me know

TMC I'm not sure about. For the other one you could try adding

3d_default_tiltlevel= to the [map] section of SYS.TXT -- might work...

Awesome mod!!! This what the map view should have looked like all along. The house numbers and everything else are great.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of or change the lettering outline on the white street names that are on the night maps? With the white outline the letters are too close together and appear "fuzzy" and hard to read in comparison to street names that have contrasting outline colors around the lettering.