AVIC411.com

New PAC SWI-PS..

My installer fu_ked up my pac swi-ps install! Only the volume works. They said that the swi-ps doesnt support the f90bt. Which is BS.! Pro's my as5.! What do you guys think the problem is? I think they didnt use the resistor's provided. Im going to check when i take apart my dash in couple of days. Where should the resistors be at? Can somebody tell me how to install resistors and where? (05 infiniti g35x)

thanks.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My installer fu_ked up my pac swi-ps install! Only the volume works. They said that the swi-ps doesnt support the f90bt. Which is BS.! Pro's my as5.! What do you guys think the problem is? I think they didnt use the resistor's provided. Im going to check when i take apart my dash in couple of days. Where should the resistors be at? Can somebody tell me how to install resistors and where? (05 infiniti g35x)

thanks.

I just installed this unit with my F90BT in my '06 G35 today.

I would assume that the installer installed it correctly, but programmed the seek to preset up/down. The Pioneer unit does not support the present up/down commands. You have to reprogram it to seek up/down.

I'd suggest taking it back to the installer to reprogram it properly, but you can do it yourself in less than 10min if you want:

If you're lucky, the installer put the PAC under the head unit, and it should be accessible by removing just the shifter knob and surrounding plate.

My system was the base system, so it has vol, seek, pwr and mode buttons. If you have other buttons, substitute one for PWR in the instructions.

If you don't have the instructions, here's the programming (assuming you can reach the program button and see the status LED, of course):

Volume Up

Turn car to acc (light will blink 3x, if it doesn't you need to reprogram to mode 3)

Press & Hold program button. When light goes on, release program button and Hold UP on volume switch.

Light will go off. Keep volume switch held up for 1sec after light goes out.

Release volume up. (Light comes back on)

Volume Down

Hold DOWN on volume switch. (light goes out, continue to hold 1sec)

Release volume switch.

Pause 1/2 second.

Mute - Skipped - But you could use PWR here and not have any buttons for bluetooth

Press program button.

Pause 1/2 second. (Light comes back on)

Seek >>

Hold seek switch UP. (light goes out, continue to hold 1sec)

Release seek (light comes back on)

Seek <<

Hold seek switch down. (light goes out, continue to hold 1sec)

Release seek (light comes back on)

Source

Press mode button. (light goes out, continue to hold 1sec)

Release mode button (light comes back on)

Preset + (NOT SUPPORTED BY PIONEER) - Skipped

Press program button.

Preset - (NOT SUPPORTED BY PIONEER) - Skipped

Press program button.

Band - Skipped (Source changes band and source)

Press program button.

Phone Status (Not Supported by Pioneer) - Skipped

Press program button.

Answer Call - I chose to use PWR here, since power on/off is not supported

Press PWR button. (light goes out, continue to hold 1sec)

Release PWR. (Light comes back on)

End Call - You could use PWR here instead of Answer

Press program button.

Light will blink several times after a few seconds.

I have the old SWI-PS, is it worth it for the upgrade to the new one? I could careless about the bluetooth controls, what I am concerned about is speed /no lag like the old one. is it any better?

Nope. not worth it if you dont care about bluetooth. everything is exactlly the same in my experience.

thanks.

the resistors should only be used in a multi wire system with no differences in resistance between the wires (some harley's for ex) if the car uses one wire and each button has a different resistance then you dont use the resistors

Two wires from the steering wheel connector go to a resistor, and then to the white wire on the PAC. One wire from the steering wheel connector goes to the ground. The PAC gets power and ground of its own, all according to the step-by-step by PAC.

Works as well as stock, up to Pioneer's end of the deal, anyway. It'd be great to be able to preset up/down :evil:

Using the new PAC SWI-PS and a f900BT, from what I understand, it would be possible to use the answer and end call buttons in the picture below. Is it possible to use the voice command button that you also see in the picture or does the new PAC not support this?

handsfree.jpg

I'm thinking it does not support this...

would there be any way to wire this up so that you COULD make use of this voice button?

Thanks!

If only we could hack the software to re-route phone status request to voice command...

lol that would be sweet. It just sucks that you can't get the voice command button to be virtually anywhere like you can with the BT buttons... you can program those to be almost any button you want on your steering wheel... but not the voice command.

Oh well... still will likely get this unit for one of our upcoming Honda vehicles. Just may skip on acquiring the parts to make the BT buttons on the steering wheel.

• 7 months later...

I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla. I'm thinking about getting the AVIC Z100BT. It would be great if all of my steering wheel buttons work. So far it looks like everyone has confirmed that the volume, track, mode, answer, and end call buttons work. The only button left is the voice recognition button.

I understand that the current revision of PAC SWI-PS is rev 1.6.7. Which includes the Bluetooth functions.

On the PAC-Audio website, I found an instruction with the following listing:

http://76.12.243.71/swixprogramming/sho ... les&ID=143

It looks like rev 1.6.8 will have Voice Recognition. Does anyone have any information about this?

Pioneer, Sony, Advent, Dual, Jensen, Visteon

Programming order for

SWI-PS N/A

1 Volume Up

2 Volume Down

3 Mute

4 Track Up/ Seek Up

5 Track Down/ Seek Down

6 Source

7 Preset Up/ Disc Up

8 Preset Down/ Disc Down

9 Band