AVIC411.com

3D Building and Quicklaunch Button How-To

hey guys i did this exact step by step... got all the mods to work..(CANCEL ROUTE from COMPASS button was all the worth it). seems like i uploaded the 3d building files etc but when i go to my map and just start browsing around for some 3d buildings i see none? any suggestions? im checking like downtown los angeles area... will i only see it driving? do i need to turn them on? i am in 3d mode and just browsing the landscape..

sorry for being a noob...

thanks for all the help in advance.

search did nothing for me... if u can link me then thanks..

You should see quite a few there. Try using a different color scheme. Default ones make buildings (not landmarks) very transparent. One of the Real View ones should be good.

This of course assumes that you have both hacked EzRider, a license file, and .3DC files for California...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys i did this exact step by step... got all the mods to work..(CANCEL ROUTE from COMPASS button was all the worth it). seems like i uploaded the 3d building files etc but when i go to my map and just start browsing around for some 3d buildings i see none? any suggestions? im checking like downtown los angeles area... will i only see it driving? do i need to turn them on? i am in 3d mode and just browsing the landscape..

sorry for being a noob...

thanks for all the help in advance.

search did nothing for me... if u can link me then thanks..

You should see quite a few there. Try using a different color scheme. Default ones make buildings (not landmarks) very transparent. One of the Real View ones should be good.

This of course assumes that you have both hacked EzRider, a license file, and .3DC files for California...

are the license files specific to a state? i got the license file from the other thread... and i checked the .3dc files... seems like i have every file for every state in the country.... ill try the color scheme thing...

are the license files specific to a state? i got the license file from the other thread... and i checked the .3dc files... seems like i have every file for every state in the country.... ill try the color scheme thing...

License files could be tied to a specific kind of file, but the ones posted here should work with anything...

• 2 weeks later...
I finally have 3D buildings in California. Thanks for all your hard work everyone!

Any special things needed? I followed the instruction on the first post, but I'm unable to see any building except landmarks even in downtown san francisco. The only part I didn't do is the color scheme mentioned, which I can't found any thread talking about that.... will that thread be lost due to server down a couple days ago?

Oh BTW, does anyone lost the voice guidance after installed this mod? Will that be this mod not compatible with F500BT?

********** Update **************

After some trial-and-error, I figured out why there is no voice guidance after installing this mod (well, still no 3D buildings though), and I think this is F500BT specific. The following lines at the beginning of the Sys.txt has to be changed for F500BT:

From

[device]

type="PIONEER746UC"

to

[device]

type="PIONEER749UC"

Hope this help anyone using the F500BT.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up in case you're not using the grounded mute wire hack, the data.zip's ui_pioneer/800_480/ui/navigatemap_800_480.ui is missing a few "USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0" in the buttons. This means they work fine when you're parked but stop working in motion.

Buttons: Compass/delete route, nav voice mute/unmute, street numbers, street name.

Check lines: 6, 18, 19, 35, 36, 90 (I think the last one had USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0 but forgot a space between it and a ' )

My copy attached for reference/diffing.

navigatemap_800_480.zip

Hi Guys Im new here but its a great place to be .I recently downloaded the 3d Building map and the data file for customization by keeper on my F500-BT .Everything installed great but Today on a test drive i realized the voice guided navigation is gone I dont know what happened the system gives me all the direction but no voice guidance is there a way to turn it back on.....

Also I am in houston and I did a fly over to see houston downtown in 3d it only shows 2 buildings Is there any settings i need to know about I tried changing the display color it only has navi blue and red to choose from from day and night mode

Please help Thank you guys for the great posts you have here

I am so confused. I did the backup of the factory software to my sd and backed it up on my computer.

I downloaded the files from the three links and now I dont know what to do with them. Do i copy and paste them to the locations described on the sd then insert it in the vehicle? Or do i insert the card in the vehicle and then paste them?