AVIC411.com

iPod not compatable with F90BT??

Hey all, new to the forum, I just hooked up an F90BT in my 2000 Chevy S-10.

I have an older iPod, like the very first color screen ones (photo I believe) and when I plug the iPod into the unit, it says "the iPod connected is not supported, refrence operation manual" or something to that effect. I'm assuming this means an incompatability issue?? I've updated software on the iPod to be the most recent, I don't know what else to do...

Anyone else have this issue?

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, that absolutely SUCKS!! my iPod works perfectly fine, albeit it is one of the first 60G iPods that came out! Just spent $$ to buy the 90BT and now I've got to spend more $$ for an iPod to make the functions work!! Oh well, I just decided to use the front jack for right now. Still, very dissapointing! :cry:

I guess I have no one to blame but myself, but I just made an assumption that since my 3 year old Kenwood radio could recognize my iPod, that a newer one would include backward compatability. With my luck, Pioneer will release an update that will work with my 40 GB iPod Photo right after I get the new one :evil:

But for those looking for a replacement, I saw they have the iPod Classic 120 GB on Amazon for $220:

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPod-classi ... 646&sr=8-1

My wife tried to get me to take her 30 GB iPod classic and buy her an iPod touch but me smarter than that...lol.

A quick tip to prs0303 and Hierog:

In the future, before spending hundreds of dollars on a new headunit for your automobile, do some research. Do it for any major purchase in life for that matter.

I could understand if the unit didn't do something it specifically said that it would - in that case, I would be completely in your corner, and urge you to return it to wherever you made your purchase and get a refund. But when Pioneers puts on their website all the pertinent information that one should need to find out anything about this unit (i.e., operating manuals, installation instructions, and compatibility charts) you really have all you need to know what to expect to have on hand before you ever make your purchase. Be it wiring harnesses, antenna splitters, and yes, the correct version of iPod to utilize the USB function.

It isn't "weak" of Pioneer; it's "weak" of you to not have researched the correct version of iPod needed to connect using the USB cable. Heck, Pioneer should be commended to have included a front A/V plug that still allows you to actually USE your dated iPod model.

spta97 at least admits it was his error in not checking that out ahead of time.

Do some legwork your self in the future and you will be less likely to be disappointed. This post is to merely help you become aware of how this is not a Pioneer mistake but your own. I hope you take it as helpful advice only as I am not trying to be a d*ck about it.

I spent maaaany hours looking over everything I needed for this unit, and made sure everything I was truly after in an aftermarket headunit was available in this unit, and that it would work both in my particular make of automobile and the other electronic elements I currently owned.

I admit i'm to blame too. Unfortunately for me, my Kenwood was stolen from my truck and I decided to try something new. My 7120, Garmin G5410 GPS and Ipod attachment were taken. I was able to replace it with the 90BT, an HD tuner and the back up camera with assist for straight across through my insurance.

The unit just seems to need an owner that wants to be up to date in the programming department.

Doesn't mean its a POS, just needs more love than I'd like to give it! Now I'm stuck with it and I'm gonna do my best to make it work the way I want it to. And with some of your guys' knowledge, I'm sure it'll happen!

:D