AVIC411.com

NEW F-series F910BT to come out in june 2009

Hi all,

Although Pioneer refunded me for my F900BT and I'm a very happy Clarion MAX983HD user now, for some reason I received an e-mail today for a person at Pioneer that did not know I didn't have my F900 anymore, stating the there is a new software version for the F-series that will come on in June.

Many of the bug will be addressed in this version, however, the update from f900 to f910 will not be for free. Price to be determined

Info comes from Pioneer itself.

Just to let you know.

Can we see the email?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not mind paying at all when you take into account the fact the Pionner is showing signs of being commited to stand by their products. I just got one last week put in and so far its been great with non - stop glitches. Ipod voice commands, screen freezing etc. So if this takes care of the issue I will be more than glad. Specially when I only paid $400 for mine.

you are missing the point for the people who paid $1200 or more pre 2.0 are pissed off at pioneer for being a beta tester for them when they should have gotten a working unit. they stuck by through all the shit and now have to pay?

anyways there will be a torrent so i will not loose sleep

Depending on price and what exactly is fixed and the extent of its fixture will determine if I pay for it or not yeah itd be nice to be free but with the economy how it is companies need the money and hey you can either pay for the update and have a more functional unit or not and deal with the problems or pay even more for a new unit. Not saying its the right thing to do. I for one thing the problems should be fixed prerelease and updates should be for new features and functions not fixing bugs but hey you have 2 options pay for a bug fixer or deal with bugs I for one will pocket up for the fix

Withe the recent purchase of teleatlas, and not supporting prior version of igo, this was probably the only route they could go to properly support and update this unit. To give a major revision of navigation software for free to those of us who purchased this unit already, well that would just be crazy now wouldn't it?

Anyway, my guess is this will be the mapupdate, with a new version of software thrown in, all those wonderful bugs we hate, like no 2d map up will most likely be fixed.

So lets not hodl our breath, because we all may die.

Regardless my f900 fits in my life now without much issue. Yes there are those minor annoyances, but overall im very happy. I wouldn't buy the new model if it was hardware only but ill pay a few bucks for the new software, lets hope this story is true and accurate. If not no surprise, rumour mill has hit a new high.

you are missing the point for the people who paid $1200 or more pre 2.0 are pissed off at pioneer for being a beta tester for them when they should have gotten a working unit. they stuck by through all the shit and now have to pay?

anyways there will be a torrent so i will not loose sleep

true. retail on it is $1200. some people bought it right when it came out and paid over $1000 easy. if i was 1 of them id be extremely pissed to have tp pay for a bs update that shouldnt be necessary if they had tested it enough

Again, depending on price of update, if they decide to go that route we could all chip-in and buy one then share it. Like it was done with the service manual.

If this is a dramatic improvement update, I'll throw down, otherwise my 90 will be for sale come June (9140 release). Maybe what we need is a GB list of those who will chip in to get one update on the forum. The more people, the less $$ per person.