AVIC411.com

F-Series 3.0 update coming? Wondering what's in it...

http://www.pioneerusa.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Navigation/AVIC-X910BT_OperationManual0512.pdf

Judging by the X910, the 3.0 update is going to be minor, especially if it doesn't include the iGo 8.3

Nothing but bug fixes and performance enhancements are all I am expecting now. Which would be good, of course, but none of the enhancements we were hoping for.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.pioneerusa.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Navigation/AVIC-X910BT_OperationManual0512.pdf

Judging by the X910, the 3.0 update is going to be minor, especially if it doesn't include the iGo 8.3

Nothing but bug fixes and performance enhancements are all I am expecting now. Which would be good, of course, but none of the enhancements we were hoping for.

Looks very much like iGO 8.3, albeit still with TeleAtlas maps (I wonder if it will take Navteq ones with a correct license). Nothing else major, although MSN Direct does get an upgrade to receive local event and stock prices...

Looking forward to the 3.0 update (testmodable or not) and hope it cures the rebooting blues! Only hope the update is released soon!

As for the newer modifications....who thought stock prices was an obvious need to add to the MSN screen. Nothing like inciting more road rage as you are updating your tanking stock prices!!! Wouldnt flight times been more appropriate?

A BIG thanks to Jason for his reporting from the show and the advanced information he recieved! Great work, THANKS!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Ver 2.006

CHANGE HISTORY:

- Fixes the case that Automatic Time Correction does not change

time

- Updates XM channel icon graphics

- Enhances reliability during firmware update process

Minor changes, considering 3.0 is right around the corner.

3.0 is not out yet. You can preorder it if you call pioneer sales directly. I just ordered mine this afternoon. they gave it to me for $65 shipped. They told me it would be released late july of beginning of august. Check the other thread about 3.0 being released and this is all covered in there.