AVIC411.com

Apple Theme Completed!!

Does this work on 3.0?

Yes. The A/V part of the AVIC, which the Image.res covers, has not changed much from 2.0 to 3.0. The only thing that will need to be fixed would be the box that comes up on the Nav screen when a phone call is in progress.

Do you have to edit a particular file?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Background: I am on a 90bt and this theme fully worked on the 2.0 firmware already. Once I changed to 3.0, problems started after reload:

I'm able to load the image.res, but not the data.zip file. Whenever I do, the unit boots up as normal, but after it gets to the main screen and says "system is booting up"...or something similar it will reboot. I've tried editing the data.zip file and only copying over the 800_480 folder over onto the stock data.zip and that lets me boot up, but gives me an error at the main screen that says "Failed to open file: ui_pioneer/800_480/loading.bmp, existing application". Now this is weird to me bc i've looked in this folder on the stock data.zip file and did not find it.

long story short: does anyone have a working data.zip file for the 3.0 firmware Red Theme? If so, post it.

it would be nice if it had the 3d Map view street names fix in it as well.

Background: I am on a 90bt and this theme fully worked on the 2.0 firmware already. Once I changed to 3.0, problems started after reload:

I'm able to load the image.res, but not the data.zip file. Whenever I do, the unit boots up as normal, but after it gets to the main screen and says "system is booting up"...or something similar it will reboot. I've tried editing the data.zip file and only copying over the 800_480 folder over onto the stock data.zip and that lets me boot up, but gives me an error at the main screen that says "Failed to open file: ui_pioneer/800_480/loading.bmp, existing application". Now this is weird to me bc i've looked in this folder on the stock data.zip file and did not find it.

long story short: does anyone have a working data.zip file for the 3.0 firmware Red Theme? If so, post it.

it would be nice if it had the 3d Map view street names fix in it as well.

you should just copy the files you need instead of copying the whole 800_480 folder

I did that as well. I even went one step further and only copied just the .bmp files that I knew I WANTED to change from the 800_480 folder and I got that weird error. And just double checking, for the people that have successfully done this, are you just right clicking and selecting compress after you highlight all the files in the unzipped data folder....or are you using 7zip and after adding all the files to the archive, just selecting zip. Because either way, neither work for me.

I did that as well. I even went one step further and only copied just the .bmp files that I knew I WANTED to change from the 800_480 folder and I got that weird error. And just double checking, for the people that have successfully done this, are you just right clicking and selecting compress after you highlight all the files in the unzipped data folder....or are you using 7zip and after adding all the files to the archive, just selecting zip. Because either way, neither work for me.

recompressing them is not necessary

Is there any chance that the icon in the top left corner can remain as the stock one but made blue to match the blue theme and I was wobdering if there is a file that doesn't have then numbers on the buttons as well. Like this theme and would love to use it. Thanks

I just did the 3.0 update and I rather like the fact that it seems to work faster than the last version. As a former Apple employee and forever Apple Geek, I was curious about this mod.

The blue apple theme download links found in this thread don't seem to work, any help on where to get them ? The install instructions seem simple enough.

Thanks for your assistance!

how do i grab certain images from your image.res file? i like some of the images youve created like the new click wheel and main menu buttons, but i dont want to change everything that youve changed.

I posted a link outlining how to do this step by step here:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25480&p=173258&hilit=free+themes#p173258

hope it helps.

what do i use to open the image.res file? when i extract the zip i gives me the image.res file, but i dont know how to open it or edit it.

• 6 months later...