AVIC411.com

IDT v4.2 on p46, last for 2.0

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was smart enough on this stuff I'd ask "why the hell does it work like that?" But I wouldn't understand your answer. Thanks cmh! Anyone having re-boot issues with IDT V2, simply change map settings to one of Pioneers (in my case I reverted back to Pioneer Blue Day & Pioneer Red Night), then drop the new DATA.zip in the APL2/iGo folder, exit Test Mode and when you turn your key it should work.

cmh, you posted a "fix" to this issue, I downloaded the zip containing two files. Where am Ito put these two files?

SPE999

Now that I've got this working I was just playing with it and discovered when I press the house icon, it sends me to the Destination Address input and doesn't give me a route home. Is this by design? IDT Version1 gave me a "quick route" home when I pressed the house. Overall I like V2, really like the Speed display!

SPE999

When I choose PetterssonNight scheme my avic gives an error and is now rebooting over and over.. music is ok but when I try to go to the nav screen it does nothing. Then it reboots.. :oops:

What is this? Is there a file missing? It only happens with PetterssonNight scheme..

Please, help me!

Look at the 8th post down and follow Boris' instructions. This might solve your problem, it happened to me too. http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 5&start=15

please see this post i made on the 6th page regarding the color schemes. if you dont understand please click the link and read Boris' post. it has the files you need and instructions on where to place the files.

If I was smart enough on this stuff I'd ask "why the hell does it work like that?" But I wouldn't understand your answer. Thanks cmh! Anyone having re-boot issues with IDT V2, simply change map settings to one of Pioneers (in my case I reverted back to Pioneer Blue Day & Pioneer Red Night), then drop the new DATA.zip in the APL2/iGo folder, exit Test Mode and when you turn your key it should work.

cmh, you posted a "fix" to this issue, I downloaded the zip containing two files. Where am Ito put these two files?

SPE999

Boris' instructions are 8 posts down in the link i provided

I merged the nightguidance, elevation and speed images into the ui_pioneer\common folder in the data.zip file and all seems to be working now. Well it booted but I have not driven yet to see the graphics. I am at work and no GPS signal in the garage :)

I even changed the font color for the clock and date to a nice red (#990033) with the white outline, much more readable. :)

I would like to move the compass/clock/date down a bit. Can you tell me what to change there. I just need to move it down about the same distance as if there were some date sized text right above the compass, give or take.

The reason is the frame around the HU block about half the compass from my driver seat angle.

Also can the really cool current speed be added/displayed when a route is going?

I merged the nightguidance, elevation and speed images into the ui_pioneer\common folder in the data.zip file and all seems to be working now. Well it booted but I have not driven yet to see the graphics. I am at work and no GPS signal in the garage :)

I even changed the font color for the clock and date to a nice red (#990033) with the white outline, much more readable. :)

I would like to move the compass/clock/date down a bit. Can you tell me what to change there. I just need to move it down about the same distance as if there were some date sized text right above the compass, give or take.

The reason is the frame around the HU block about half the compass from my driver seat angle.

Also can the really cool current speed be added/displayed when a route is going?

I tried this and, again, couldn't get it to boot up. Switched back to IDT's unmodified V2 with no problems. I think I'm having a compression issue when I try to "re-zip" the DATA.zip file. I'm using WinZip and I've tried "optimum" and "Legacy 2.0", niether seem to be liked by my 700bt.

SPE999

I tried this and, again, couldn't get it to boot up. Switched back to IDT's unmodified V2 with no problems. I think I'm having a compression issue when I try to "re-zip" the DATA.zip file. I'm using WinZip and I've tried "optimum" and "Legacy 2.0", niether seem to be liked by my 700bt.

SPE999

use 7zip

use 7zip

SPE999

Thanks. I'll download 7zip right now and give it a shot.

SPE999

use 7zip

SPE999

SPE999

one other thing, when rezipping them back, what you want to do is to sellect all the folders inside the data folder and rezipping them rather than clicking the data folder then rezipping it

use 7zip

SPE999

SPE999

OK, I'm nearly a "full-up round". Loaded DATA.zip with Elevation.BMP and the Speed bmps, restored my prefered Map color schemes and it boots up fine. The only things I see are:

#1 - No Elevation displayed.

#2 - No House numbers display when I touch the street name

Am I missing something?

SPE999

use 7zip

SPE999

SPE999

OK, I'm nearly a "full-up round". Loaded DATA.zip with Elevation.BMP and the Speed bmps, restored my prefered Map color schemes and it boots up fine. The only things I see are:

#1 - No Elevation displayed.

#2 - No House numbers display when I touch the street name

Am I missing something?

SPE999

could you post your navigatemap800_480.ui file

I updated the file on the FTP with a readme in it now.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us ... idance.zip

Just open the data.zip with 7zip, browse to the ui_pioneer\common folder and drag-and-drop the 2 files from the nightguidance.zip into 7-zip window. Also, drag them onto the ui_pioneer\common\night folder to be safe. Close 7-zip and reload the file onto the avic.

Okay this is weird. When I left work after getting the boot problem fixed the unit told me there is a problem with my parking break connection etc.. That error you get if the hardware hack is not used or properly done.

Well I did the hardware hack when I installed this and never had this problem before.

Is the software hack in in the data.zip file now messing me up here??????

Okay this is weird. When I left work after getting the boot problem fixed the unit told me there is a problem with my parking break connection etc.. That error you get if the hardware hack is not used or properly done.

Well I did the hardware hack when I installed this and never had this problem before.

Is the software hack in in the data.zip file now messing me up here??????

i don't have a software hack in the zip, better check your wiring,