AVIC411.com

IDT v4.2 on p46, last for 2.0

your screen shot of the speedcam in the ftp site shows the speed limit working, however, it does not work on my deck. Is it not on this data? Also I have a question on your sirius label, I have xm and it does not show the song playing, only the channel name when in nav mode, how did you get the song to show?

The speed limit mod is in the data file. It depends on the speedcam.txt file that you downloaded. Some of the speedcams in that file do not have speed limits. I had to edit some of the cameras to add a speed limit.

Also if there is no valid speed limit it wont show.

As far as the sirius screen, that is stock, as far as i know there is no hack for that interface.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cmh, I got a reboot on your new mod. box popped up saying something about night arrow when I tried to change the night scheme. I searched and found that some night schemes do lock up some mods, just letting you know in case it is unrelated to that case.

Look at the 8th post down and follow Boris' instructions. This might solve your problem, it happened to me too. viewtopic.php? ... 5&start=15

cmh, I got a reboot on your new mod. box popped up saying something about night arrow when I tried to change the night scheme. I searched and found that some night schemes do lock up some mods, just letting you know in case it is unrelated to that case.

Look at the 8th post down and follow Boris' instructions. This might solve your problem, it happened to me too. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18175&start=15

By request of an F700 user, I have posted a NoMSN.Data.zip in my folder on the FTP.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928

The MSN icon is replaced by a history icon.

Just rename it to data.zip and try it out.

This would also be good for non-US users.

Regarding Night schemes, my Data.zip already has the nightguidance arrow files in it. What colorscheme did you try? Post it on here and I will see what files it is calling.

I was using hte google scheme when I tried to change, not sure how to post the file. Not a big deal to me. All this hacking is getting me a headache :lol: Poor job of me not labeling and keeping notes. May go back to stock and see what Pioneers updates bring. I will say you guys are amazing in what you can do to files and bringing us the mods we want though :!:

And yes, I know I went into the data to see if they were there. If I get a chance tomorrow I will reinstall the mod of yours and get the exact error, but a wince box popped up during the startup screen with the error.

By request of an F700 user, I have posted a NoMSN.Data.zip in my folder on the FTP.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928

The MSN icon is replaced by a history icon.

Just rename it to data.zip and try it out.

This would also be good for non-US users.

Regarding Night schemes, my Data.zip already has the nightguidance arrow files in it. What colorscheme did you try? Post it on here and I will see what files it is calling.

Good mod man I like it, but thanks to IDT for putting all this together. Thanks man.

cmh, one more thing I notice while driving and not in gps route just the map showing and listening to fm radio upon approaching speed camera, it gave me warning but didnt mute the sound of the radio so couldnt really hear what it was saying. Is there any way to fix this?

cmh, one more thing I notice while driving and not in gps route just the map showing and listening to fm radio upon approaching speed camera, it gave me warning but didnt mute the sound of the radio so couldnt really hear what it was saying. Is there any way to fix this?

Get into your data.zip/UI_Pioneer/Common/UI/model_variables.ui and scroll down till you see :

Where "XX " is the current number in the line of code and change it to a higher 2-digit number (I think it is currtently at 35??) up to 64. Mine is at 50 and it is pretty loud.

Easy!!

Good luck,

Bud

So far there's no way to mute the audio for a speedcam alert. I already had bumped the setting to 40 which is fairly loud on my F90. Anymore than that would be way overkill for alot of people. GTIMatt is working on a volume slider in the warning settings menu. When he posts it, I will incorporate it into my zip.

I'm doing a final few tweaks to my last version. When it is done, I will create a new thread and post pictures and a link there. If I have enough spare time, I may work on the volume control myself to include it sooner.

CMH...

I'm a new adopter of your latest mod. I've got it installed on an F90BT. Everything looks good, but there are a few small issues that I can't seem to resolve. I haven't dug into the code, so I'm not even positive that these issues are a result of the mod...

Anyway... first of all, I'm having problems with the bluetooth and my phone. I have a Blackberry Storm, and it pairs fine, but I can't transfer all of my contacts successfully. Most of the time, none go through (despite the fact that the phone says 111 contacts were transferred successfully). Sometimes, however, a few contacts end up on the unit... not always starting at the beginning of the alphabet, but they're always in a cluster. (Once I got A-K, another time I got D-H, etc) While I'm on the subject of the phone, I have two more problems, concerning the behavior during phone calls.

When I am on the phone PRIOR to turning on my car, it will connect, but I have no control over the phone. Can't hang up, can't change volume, the normal popup window with the caller ID, END, and volume +/- buttons does not show up. (Speaking of this little popup... is there a better way to implement the phone feature? I don't need to see it while driving if there's a way to control the volume using the knob... I know this is the way Pioneer had it before the mod... so maybe that's somewhere to improve upon even more with this mod...)

Also, When I make a call AFTER the F90bt has connected to my phone, the volume is all screwed up, and there is a LOT of static noise. What I mean by the volume being screwed up is that it connects and it's really loud, and one press of the VOL- button mutes it. So, "really loud" is as soft as it gets... playing around with the volume on the phone, F90 volume knob (out of instinct/habit), and on-screen phone volume buttons can *sometimes* result in a softer, equally-staticy connection. I can't tel which sounds worse... The high volume and static make it seem like the phone signal is getting amplified while the other sources are not. Also, is there a way to control the volume of the phone using the volume knob? (What a novel idea, right?) Or, am I forced to use the buttons on the screen?

The unit still takes a long time to start up... I read somewhere that I should turn OFF error checking in test mode, as well as turn DOWN the memory allocation for storage (to 2048k)... in other words, move the slider almost all the way to the LEFT... Do you know if these tweaks will help, hurt, or have any impact? I've done both... so if I shouldn't have changed the memory allocation, I'll need to know what it is by default so I can change it back.

Next up is the iPod... I use MediaMonkey Gold to sync my 80GB iPod Classic (6G) with approximately 2500 songs... I have it set to "simulate iTunes file structure" or whatever in the sync options... and the music plays fine... but I constantly get a message saying that the VR (Voice Recognition, I presume) is being updated. The message never goes away, until I navigate away from the iPod screen, and then it says something like "Voice software to active iPod could not be initiated" (yes, it says "active" not "activate"). Also, no matter what voice command I give it, it does "play all XXX" where XXX is the command I gave it. For example... If I say "Play Artist Linkin Park" I get "Play All Artists." Is there a "proper" way to prepare the iPod so that the VR dictionary can complete quickly and effectively? My fiancee just bought a Milan with Microsoft SYNC, and when she plugged in her iPod for the first time... she was able to control the whole thing with voice prompts immediately...

And finally, the GPS... I know this is where MOST of the tweaks in the mods take place, so I've saved the best for last... The speeding / speed limit stuff doesn't work for me. I exceeded the local speed limits all day, and I didn't get one warning. (I follwed the !Readme! file for how to turn on the warnings). In addition, I got the following WindowsCE error box when attempting to define my HOME location from the map while parked in my garage...

th_IMG00031-20090403-0000.jpg

It only happened the first time, but seemed fine after that.

Believe it or not... that was as brief as I get... I can elaborate on any issue I'm having if any of you guys/girls can find it within yourselves to help me.

Thanks a lot... Great mod! I'm sure the problems I'm having are my fault, if anyone's... but I am looking forward to code changes and suggestions that might help me. Thanks again!