AVIC411.com

IDT v4.2 on p46, last for 2.0

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we please get this thread back on topic! We now have over a page of unrelated rants. There are threads devoted to these issues. This is not one of them. The mods we do don't affect core functionality in the least. They are more of appearance/ convenience mods. All the complaints you log are over firmware issues out of our control or in lack of unit operation skills.

I have installed a few D3's and they have nowhere near the capability of the F series.

This IS a Windows-CE carputer and the sky is the limit given time and patience.

Back onto topic. I have completed my latest mods and will post them as soonas I have time to testdrive a bit more. All of GTIMatt's latest additions from earlier today are integrated. Speedalert voice now has a volume slider. Speed-limit signs are selectable between US and Euro versions. Warning distance is adjustable. Time is moved to bottom left corner. Turn restriction signs and speed limits are displayed just under the compass, but only when posted.

I will post both MSN and non-MSN versions as before. I also have a self-installing all-in-one for newbies. Just put the card in, turn on the key, wait for the copy animation to complete, remove card and reboot. I am debating how much to put into the all-in-one, i.e. 3D buildings, voices, colorschemes, menu themes, etc. Feedback is welcomed.

i second that motion.

Also cmh928, you have done a great job at modifying IDT's original awesome Mod and just wanna say thanks.

i can see that i no longer can adjust the original IDT mod that i have made, with all of the changes you made. So i plan on taking your file as a starter and modify that to suit the changes I have made. For the people with 3D buildings and the licenses, etc. already in the unit, I think it would be fine if you just included the speedcam voice audio folder and the rest would just have to be put into the correct location. If you plan on including everything then we would have to know so we can delete all the folders due to storage space. It might be easier to just have for example; the folder like color schemes and a simple read me inside of where that goes and so on. So the download would include the data.zip file with the speedcam voice in the zip file and then you would a folder for the 3d buildings and color schemes. Just my opinion.

Also what are the menu themes?

Hey cmh928, I noticed that by looking at your latest pics, that you have the 3 settings in your route info box set to "distance to destination", "time to destination", and "MPH". In the new mod that you are about to post, did you incorporate this into the route info box (everything can be changed in the displayed info menu). It is a pain to keep having to add FrumRolls code to the in the ui files everytime I change to a new data file.

My version has had adjustable fields since the 3.23.09(Blue boxes) version. Just go under settings and choose what you want. The new one follows GTIMatt's model of being able to click the small icons in route info and toggling fields. I have driven with it quite a bit now, and am basically done.

The all-in-one will be complete with all the newbie needs to make it look and operate properly. Software brake mod, sys.txt, 3DC building files, ezrider and license, colorschemes, Samantha TTS update, speedcam.txt, image.res and Data.zip. I will still offer just the individual files on the FTP as well.

My version has had adjustable fields since the 3.23.09(Blue boxes) version. Just go under settings and choose what you want. The new one follows GTIMatt's model of being able to click the small icons in route info and toggling fields. I have driven with it quite a bit now, and am basically done.

The all-in-one will be complete with all the newbie needs to make it look and operate properly. Software brake mod, sys.txt, 3DC building files, ezrider and license, colorschemes, Samantha TTS update, speedcam.txt, image.res and Data.zip. I will still offer just the individual files on the FTP as well.

Do you think we are nearing the ability to hack and place things on the Nav unit at this point? You guys here and GTIMatt have seemed to have placed about everything you can, and activate most everything. At least unitl the next update, and hopefully upgrade of igo is released.

The new mods are uploading as I write this. Four different files to be exact. MSN and non-MSN versions of the data.zip and the all-in-one file I mentioned.

The all-in-one has my latest data.zip, US 3D-buildings, hacked ezrider, sys.txt, softened system beeps, updated Samantha TTS, a modded Guga theme, tons of colorschemes, speedcam database, and a few extra splash pix. Who wants to be the first to try it? :-)

As always, read the !Readme!

Sample Pix are in the Pix folder and should answer most of your questions.

ftp://avic:avic-411@buckeyecollision.us/cmh928/

[attachment=4]!Route.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]NoRoute.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]Demo.US-Speed.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]Demo.EuroSpeed.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]Demo-NoTurn.jpg[/attachment]

The new mods are uploading as I write this. Four different files to be exact. MSN and non-MSN versions of the data.zip and the all-in-one file I mentioned.

The all-in-one has my latest data.zip, US 3D-buildings, hacked ezrider, sys.txt, softened system beeps, updated Samantha TTS, a modded Guga theme, tons of colorschemes, speedcam database, and a few extra splash pix. Who wants to be the first to try it? :-)

[attachment=4]!Route.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]NoRoute.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]Demo.US-Speed.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]Demo.EuroSpeed.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]Demo-NoTurn.jpg[/attachment]

i did try using your updated mod, couple things i noticed was for some reason while in no route the route info text shows up, another one was the time needs to be be moved up a little and the spaces on the icons on top was uneven, i only played with it for a while but other than that everything looks good, keep it up

i did try using your updated mod, couple things i noticed was for some reason while in no route the route info text shows up, another one was the time needs to be be moved up a little and the spaces on the icons on top was uneven, i only played with it for a while but other than that everything looks good, keep it up

but the one i used is the beta version (it has a more latest upload date)

Again. I make changes daily. The beta always has bugs I am working on. Once I repost it as just a data.zip, I'm pretty content with it.

Keeping up with GTIMatt is a daily chore on its own! I love his speedcam mods and graphics, but prefer a leaner interface. this is why I chose your mod for a base. Merging the 2 without breaking things can be quite a challenge. Until his latest release, he was missing quite a few menu settings and the ability to edit speedcams. Now he is pretty much completed. I've worried more about integration than jostling x,y values 2 pixels.

I've made my own thread now to stop taking over your thread.

Thanks for all the ideas along the way. Considering that I only installed the unit on 3.1.09, I think I've come a long way towards my goal for it thanks to all the modders like you!

successfully integrated GTIMATTS mod with my V2,

what to expect in v2.5,

-house number mod (pressing the compass will show the house number and pressing the house number will hide it)

-stop navigate button

-navigation mute

-moved buttons

-simulation control (new style and location, fixed a bug in route simulation)

-gps status button onscreen

-setting button onscreen

-changed all stock sounds to igo sounds

-speed camera mod (better speedcam icon)

-simulation control

-linear compass (GTIMATT style),

-moved half the stuff around

-route info box (pressing the box brings you to route menu)(everything can be changed in the displayed info menu)

-moved next street text

-date mod

-fixed simulation pop up location

-turn restriction

-spoken speed warnings (thanks to GTIMATT)

- Warning Volume slider

- Set whether warning beep mode (disabled = no beeps, When approaching = beep when within distance specified, Over Limit = robotic warning voice within distance speficied if you are over the camera limit)

- Warning Beep on Mobile Cameras (turns off the approaching beeps for mobile cameras)

- Warning Beep Distance (sets how far away from the camera the warning beeps start can be from 200ft to 1000ft or metre equivalent)

-US or Euro Speed Limit Style option (bottom of the visual settings menu, choose US or Euro style)

still working on a few bmps but will have the file ready as soon as i get home

Sounds like you've been busy. :-)

Can't wait to see your latest one!

PS. Check your browsemap.ui and comment out the vsp_compass and spr_compass lines since you use the linear compass now. Doesn't hurt to kill the spr_battery one there either.

successfully integrated GTIMATTS mod with my V2,

what to expect in v2.5,

-house number mod (pressing the compass will show the house number and pressing the house number will hide it)

-stop navigate button

-navigation mute

-moved buttons

-simulation control (new style and location, fixed a bug in route simulation)

-gps status button onscreen

-setting button onscreen

-changed all stock sounds to igo sounds

-speed camera mod (better speedcam icon)

-simulation control

-linear compass (GTIMATT style),

-moved half the stuff around

-route info box (pressing the box brings you to route menu)(everything can be changed in the displayed info menu)

-moved next street text

-date mod

-fixed simulation pop up location

-turn restriction

-spoken speed warnings (thanks to GTIMATT)

- Warning Volume slider

- Set whether warning beep mode (disabled = no beeps, When approaching = beep when within distance specified, Over Limit = robotic warning voice within distance speficied if you are over the camera limit)

- Warning Beep on Mobile Cameras (turns off the approaching beeps for mobile cameras)

- Warning Beep Distance (sets how far away from the camera the warning beeps start can be from 200ft to 1000ft or metre equivalent)

-US or Euro Speed Limit Style option (bottom of the visual settings menu, choose US or Euro style)

still working on a few bmps but will have the file ready as soon as i get home

Will this update include the 3d building mod? I checked your first version and it didn't say anything about it, but your screen shots have it. Thanks! Can't wait...