AVIC411.com

IDT v4.2 on p46, last for 2.0

Well. None of these issues are data.zip related... Speed limits are only posted on interstates in my area and occasionally on a state route if it goes divided. No speed limit posted = no overspeed alert. This is a limitation of the mapdata used.

Bluetooth issues have topics devoted to them and can be phone model specific. I had to edit my phonebook on my PC as the phone would not send contacts at all. There is a tool a forum user created just for that. This is not the thread dealing with that. Go back and search.

The battery file mentioned is in my data.zip even though it would only be used on an F500. I commented out the offending line to be safe, even though it is not in a file anyone has modded. I've had ZERO lockups using my data.zip since I posted the final version, but I started with an already setup unit, as well.

If lockups persist, do a reset using the recessed button and then try deleting everything found in the User\Userdata folder on the avic.

This will wipe all saved addresses, phone lists, EQ settings, etc.

Regarding greyed out options in setup menus, READ the owner's manual. Some settings only work with the source set to OFF. Some are specific to the source currently active.

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding greyed out options in setup menus, READ the owner's manual. Some settings only work with the source set to OFF. Some are specific to the source currently active.

That doesn't make sense to me... Why wouldn't Pioneer even give us the OPTION to hear the voice prompts during a phone call...? I have to constantly take my eyes off the road during a phone call in order to see my next turn... I declare shenanigans.

All I know is that I had it set to ATT before your mod, and it's grayed out and set to MUTE now. It doesn't matter what source I have selected... I can't select that menu option any more. I'll check it out in detail in the manual... I was just listing some problems I was having, hoping that someone would be able to help me. If this is the way that the bluetooth phone stuff (among other things) is going to work for me from now on... (if they're not data.zip issues)... then I'm going to have to send this unit back to Amazon. It's a deal-breaker.

I didn't have these problems with my D3. My contacts transferred fine... it attenuated any source in order to give me NAV instructions... I could control the phone with the volume knob... there wasn't a phone popup on the nav screen that blocks the most important part... it didn't take forever to start up... How can my AVIC-D3 work BETTER than the F90BT? And not just BETTER... but more INTUITIVE, as well. You can't blame that on the model of the phone that I have.

All I know is that I had it set to ATT before your mod, and it's grayed out and set to MUTE now. It doesn't matter what source I have selected... I can't select that menu option any more. I'll check it out in detail in the manual...

Here is what I found on page 143 in the manual..."Only when the AV source is "Off" the following items can be adjusted; [MUTE Input/GUIDE] and [Rear SP]"

Try turning off all audio sources and then see if you have the option of changing to ATT.

Here is what I found on page 143 in the manual..."Only when the AV source is "Off" the following items can be adjusted; [MUTE Input/GUIDE] and [Rear SP]"

Try turning off all audio sources and then see if you have the option of changing to ATT.

Thanks... I did see this in the manual before posting, but I interpreted it to mean AV1 and AV2 set to OFF... and that didn't work. I turned the audio source to OFF (not FM, iPod, XM, etc), and the option was available again. I have yet to try it out during a phone call, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Thanks, both of you, for the help! That's one thing I can cross off my list...

Just to postscript the post by the Dr., EVERYTHING that he is having trouble with on his F90 absolutely DO NOT occur with mine. ALL of the functions he is having issue with does not happen to me..with exception to the contact transfer of the phone. These just plain suck ass depending on the phone. I finally gave up long ago trying to transfer the book from my LG VU (CU920). I just manually edit it with the Avic Phonebook Editor program that I downloaded from this site> No more probs. I am sure it is a Parrot problem more than a Pioneer one.

I have made sever tweaks to the mods and I love them!! I like the digital fonts so I changed the speedometer/altimeter and clock to this font as well as added some more functions that were not part of this mod package but overall it is one of the best(if not THE Best) mods to date!

Thanx to ALL of the contributors who have lent a hand to making these tweaks possible..you guys know who you are :)

--Bud

Yeah... the mod is awesome. That's why I said

I'm not even positive that these issues are a result of the mod...

But, seeing as though I ran the system for only a few hours before I installed the mod, I figured I'd post up all the issues I was having to see if anyone here could tell me how to fix them. I don't know what's mod-related and what's not. I also noticed that the cmh's mod deals mainly with the NAV, so I was curious if anything was done to the other functions. I consider my F90bt to be three separate devices... radio, bluetooth, and nav. They just *sort of* work together. Maybe there can be more improvements to the other functions? Maybe cmh should work for Pioneer, because apparently he's better than their programmers...

Bud... You don't have the same phone that I do... so I wouldn't consider the fact that yours works to be valid to my problems. But, I would like to ask if the phone interface is the same on my phone as it is on everyone elses. Can anyone control the volume of the phone using the volume knob? Or, are we all stuck using the buttons on the screen? Does the phone popup window show up for you and cover up your arrow on the GPS screen, or can you get rid of it, move it, etc? Chances are the problems are with MY PHONE... I know that, because I hate my Storm... they've only just recently come out with an OS for it that doesn't require that I pull my battery a dozen times a day... and it's still just on the verge of not working right.

Bud... Do you have an iPod connected? If so, which one? I have a 6th-gen iPod Classic (80gb) My only issue with the iPod is that the Voice Recognition dictionary stuff never finishes. This was supposed to be fixed with firmware 2.0. Pioneer mentions it specifically on the update page. Also, if I navigate away from the iPod screen, I get the following error message...

th_IMG00034-20090403-1011.jpg

The Engrish warning message sort of raised a red flag for me...

Again, I don't want to get flamed for having problems and asking questions. The search function on this site leaves a LOT to be desired... and it's not hard for the GOOD INFORMATION to get lost in the shuffle. Why aren't there any stickies for important stuff like "how to get into test mode" and "how to install a mod?" I'm still not sure how to change my color scheme... but, I'll figure it out... it's just not high on my priority list right now.

Sorry for another long post... no wonder I seem to piss people off... :(

Sorry for another long post... no wonder I seem to piss people off

Not even an issue when you are being as descriptive as you are so that you get a thorough and complete evaluation of your inquiry :)

I have a 4th gen IPOD Nano and it works just fine. As long as whenever the "Use VR update Every Time" box is clicked and you don't monkey with the Ipod while it is doing it's thing, it will complete the process fine. But if you touch one button on the Avic it WILL NOT complete the library update. I only run it whenever I make any changes to the Ipod itself--like putting in songs or videos on my PC and then I update it once THEN I turn the VR Update off and leave it off. This way it doesn't try to update every-frickin-time you use the Ipod! As far as the phone volume I am pretty sure (?) we are relegated to using the Avics cheezy VOL+/VOL- bar on the screen. The phone bar does pop up on whatever screen I am on and yes, the phone call takes priority over any voice prompts so it is one or the other----navigation and using a Bluetooth in your earlobe or using the Avic whenever you are not trying to find directions concurrently :(

This is what I KNOW to be the issues with my setup at least and I hope it brings some resolution to the questions you ask.

--Bud

The search function on this site leaves a LOT to be desired... and it's not hard for the GOOD INFORMATION to get lost in the shuffle. Why aren't there any stickies for important stuff like "how to get into test mode" and "how to install a mod?"

Go to Google and type (without the quotes): "site:avic411.com " and then your search string. For example:

site:avic411.com trying

...gives you the top result as ill.die.trying's mod page.

And I recommend you read this stickied thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18977

Go to Google and type (without the quotes): "site:avic411.com " and then your search string. For example:

site:avic411.com trying

...gives you the top result as ill.die.trying's mod page.

And I recommend you read this stickied thread: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18977

Good advice... I'll admit that I passed over the "Read before posting" thread... because in my experience, these threads just contain warnings on not posting anything illegal, racist, threatening, or evil in any way... and no other helpful information. Thanks

Love this mod.

Why am I the only one that isn't thrilled? I'm sorry to pee in everyone's wheaties... but I'm pretty much fed up with the F90bt already. (I've had it 3 days) And, before I anger anyone... it's not BECAUSE of this mod... it's definitely IN SPITE of it... Maybe I'm less thrilled than everyone else because everyone else has put up with this shitty unit for months, if not a year or more, and I just got it. Everyone that loves this mod is thrilled that the AVIC411 coders are making the best of a slow, unintuitive piece of junk. (That, beneath my loathing of the F90bt, was a compliment to the modders. :wink: ) I've had an AVIC-D3 for 2 years, and it worked waaay better than the "premier" F90BT...

Does anyone else hate the way the bluetooth phone works? Or, is it just my Storm?... Cuz I hate the Storm too. What is it about new technology these days? So much for Moore's Law... Anyone have a Verizon Curve hooked up to their F90? I'm thinking about going back to my Curve if it would help. How about the iPod? Has anyone gotten an 80GB iPod Classic to complete the VR dictionary setup? It doesn't recognize a damn word that comes out of my mouth. And I'm speaking clearly.

ugh... Somebody please share in my despair.

Thanks

Love this mod.

Why am I the only one that isn't thrilled? I'm sorry to pee in everyone's wheaties... but I'm pretty much fed up with the F90bt already. (I've had it 3 days) And, before I anger anyone... it's not BECAUSE of this mod... it's definitely IN SPITE of it... Maybe I'm less thrilled than everyone else because everyone else has put up with this shitty unit for months, if not a year or more, and I just got it. Everyone that loves this mod is thrilled that the AVIC411 coders are making the best of a slow, unintuitive piece of junk. (That, beneath my loathing of the F90bt, was a compliment to the modders. :wink: )

Does anyone else hate the way the bluetooth phone works? Or, is it just my Storm? Anyone have a Verizon Curve hooked up to their F90? I'm thinking about going back to my Curve if it would help. How about the iPod? Has anyone gotten an 80GB iPod Classic to complete the VR dictionary setup? It doesn't recognize a damn word that comes out of my mouth. And I'm speaking clearly.

ugh... Somebody please share in my despair.

Thanks

here's my 2c, if i had the money i'll have a carputer,

Can we please get this thread back on topic! We now have over a page of unrelated rants. There are threads devoted to these issues. This is not one of them. The mods we do don't affect core functionality in the least. They are more of appearance/ convenience mods. All the complaints you log are over firmware issues out of our control or in lack of unit operation skills.

I have installed a few D3's and they have nowhere near the capability of the F series.

This IS a Windows-CE carputer and the sky is the limit given time and patience.

Back onto topic. I have completed my latest mods and will post them as soonas I have time to testdrive a bit more. All of GTIMatt's latest additions from earlier today are integrated. Speedalert voice now has a volume slider. Speed-limit signs are selectable between US and Euro versions. Warning distance is adjustable. Time is moved to bottom left corner. Turn restriction signs and speed limits are displayed just under the compass, but only when posted.

I will post both MSN and non-MSN versions as before. I also have a self-installing all-in-one for newbies. Just put the card in, turn on the key, wait for the copy animation to complete, remove card and reboot. I am debating how much to put into the all-in-one, i.e. 3D buildings, voices, colorschemes, menu themes, etc. Feedback is welcomed.