AVIC411.com

Australian Map Update (R17 Maps Page 23)

My second F900BT did not have V3 firmware so I thought I'd work out how to do it using 2 SD cards supplied for my other unit. Now if I used the pioneer instructions I would need a new unlock code. So here is how to do it without the unlock code.

BTW this is also how you fix a bricked unit, one with a dead flash disk, or one that has "Software not Found" for bluetooth

Step 1 - Reinstall the WINCE bootrom.

1. format an SD card on your PC using the FAT32 file system

2. Check that your SD has no files on it

3. Copy from the files WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS from SD1\LUPE080\PLT to the root dirctory of your new SD card

4. Verify the only files on the new SD card are WINCEIMG.BIN and WINCEIMG.CKS

5. Verify the file sizes match those on SD1.

6. Do steps 5 and 6 again. If you upload corrupt files you can not recover from it so make sure

7. Boot your avic into the service mode using the next steps

8. Power on the AVIC

9. When the boot screen appears, Press and hold in the Menu, Map and Eject buttons

10. Press the reset then release the Map and Manu buttons. IE keep pressing in the eject button.

11. You will see Blue screen with the words "Please push reset key again", you can now let go of the eject key

12. Enter the password, Press UP, UP, DOWN, MENU, LEFT, RIGHT

13. You will now be in the service menu.

14. Its a good idea to test the Bluetooth while you are here so do that if you like. NOTE: Option 2 in the bluetooth menu will bot work with a special cable

15. Go into the WINCE Upgrade menu

16. Insert the SD card we made in the first 6 Steps

17. Select the first option, "WINCE by SD/MMC (Format). This will reformat "My Flash Disk"

18. The Winceimg files will now copy into flash. This takes about 5 mins to complete. On the bottom of the scree you will see this as it's done.

19. Wait till you asked to restart

You have now re-flashed your AVIC but "My Flash disk" is empty. We now need to reinstall the Files

Step2 - Reinstall the V3 applications to "My Flash Disk"

1. Go back to your PC

2. format an SD card on your PC using the FAT32 file system

3. Check that your SD has no files on it

4. Copy the files from SD2\LUPE080 to your SD Card

5. Check you now have the LUPE080 directory on your SD card

6. Copy the Testmode directory from any of my V3UPDATE files to your SD Card

7. Check you now have the Testmode and LUPE080 directories on the SD Card

8. Copy the files from SD2\LUPE080\PLT to your SD Card \LUPE080

9. copy from SD2 \RENEWAL\VERINFO.DAT to your SD Card \LUPE080\RENEWAL\VERINFO.DAT

10. copy from SD2 \FLASH\RENEWAL\CONF4000.DAT.000 to your SD Card \LUPE080\RENEWAL\CONF4000.DAT Note the file name change

11. Copy the Directories lang and voice from SD2 \LUPE080\APL2\iGO\content to your SD Card \LUPE080\APL2\iGO\content

12. On Your SD card, change directory to \LUPE080\APL2\iGO\content\lang

13. Rename every file removing the .000 from the end. IE Lang_English-aus.zip.000 is renamed to Lang_English-aus.zip

14. On Your SD card, change directory to \LUPE080\APL2\iGO\content\voice

15. Rename every file removing the .000 from the end. IE Voice_Eng-aus-f1.zip.000 is renamed to Voice_Eng-aus-f1.zip

16. Copy the Directories APL and APL2 from V3UPDATE01\My Flash Disk to your SD card card \LUPE080\ Overwrite any files when asked. This will give you the 16.1 maps

17. Put your SD card in your AVIC and turn on the power

18. Wait for Testmode to startup

19. Go into "My Device" then "Storage Card" then "LUPE080"

20. Select all of the files and directories

21. Select "Edit" then "Copy"

22. Press the "UP" arrow till you can see the directory "My Flash Disk"

23. Go into "My flash Disk"

24. Select "Edit" then "Paste"

25. The Files will now copy onto "My Flash Disk" when complete your all done

Cheers

34by151

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks heaps for all your efforts 34by151

I now have my F900BT all sorted with v3 and your updates....and it rocks.

One small query (which I could probably work out myself but find it always pays to check) - if I did each update in sequential order, except V3UPDATE02b (ie. I went straight to the 2c_beta) will I be missing anything? I haven't had time to check all the extras / utils and haven't yet come across any issues, but before I get too far down the road would be keen to confirm...

cheers

Northy.

if I did each update in sequential order, except V3UPDATE02b (ie. I went straight to the 2c_beta) will I be missing anything?

You need the first one V3UPDATE01 this has the basic mods plus the maps. The Skin starts with V3UPDATE02. You can miss V3UPDATE02 and jump right to V3UPDATE02c. If you apply betas you must install the full update before that but can jump to the last beta.

IE Do V3UPDATE01 then V3UPDATE02c then the latest beta if you want the next version early, well as I do the mods

Just follow the posted instructions

Cheers

34by151

Have some bad news,

The F900BT in the car has died. Some of Flash disk memory has failed which corrupted "My Flash Disk". I managed to get the flash disk working again but it's 200mb less than before. I also needed to reload the MBR record, Uboot then the WINCE in service mode. Unfortunately some of the dead flash disk memory is right where winCE needs to load from. The net result is an unusable AVIC.

I have a new unit on it's way but wont have one in the car for a week or two that I can test the new update with.

I will get back to things as soon I my new unit is installed

Cheers

34by151

The Flash disk is just like and SD card or USB memory stck. At some point they all stop working.

I have a collection of SD's that have bad memory locations. It's the same thing

The problem on mine is after reformat it's lost 200mb of storage space. I could get around that but where it has failed is right where the boot loader is. same thig as the boot sector fail on a HDD. The disk works but you cant load an OS from it.

It failed today. I stopped to gas up and it died when restarting. I was able to get onto the guy's that customised my car who open up their shop and pulled it out on the spot and swapped in the OEM Jag sound system. They also called in a favour and rang someone at Pioneeer (who i will not name) and sorted out a replacement unit to be shipped from Melbourne on Monday morning. So with a bit of luck I will backup and running soon.

Don't know about warranty, I suspect I'm just paying for the shipping. It's not being replaced through retail channels. I had my car booked in to have some more custom work done in 2 weeks anyway. So we will see what happens

Cheers

34by151

Damn, sorry to hear that mate. Glad it didn't cost you too much to get another one on its way though!

Thanks Mate

Well, my installer had a brand new F900bt hand delivered by pioneer today for nothing. Well considering the cost of the custom work to the rest of the car, I guess it not nothing.

I will still be without my unit this and next week as I can't spare the time to have it put back in. In any case the installer has to remove the whole dashboard next week so I guess it does not matter.

I guess I have a new warranty as well if I'm cheeky enough to send in the new warranty card :lol:

Cheers

34by151

Hey mate. I tested the beta u sent me but i was unable to get it running. Was is only the data.zip or other compnents i needed to replace as well. It says upon bootup that the program application database cannot be found.

The new data.zip replaces the data.zip in "My Flash Disk\APL2\Igo"

As will all mods you also need to delete your save files Ie delete this directory

"\My Flash Disk\USER\UserData\iGo\save"

If you still get the error it a problem reading data.zip. Either th one you have is corrupt or not in the correct location

Cheers

34by151

Just wondering what additions have been added for beta2 and beta3.

I have been writing so much code recently that I don't really know that answer to that. The mod is at least 10 versions beyond that revision now. These versions are being tested by a few beta testers. As my F900 has been out of action I have had rely on this to check the code. I get my car back today so I will be able to test myself from today.

For those of you that have not read Diaftia's thread. We have combined efforts for the next release. All three of Diaftia's versions (US, US with MSDN, and Euro) plus my Oz version have been combined. All the difference are now selectable in the settings menu's. Added to that lost of the code has been rewritten in a effort to increase performance and a giant list of mods have been added.

If you are looking to have something specific please post a suggestion and we can look it at. I cant promise that it will make it into the next release as we are quite advanced in development now. However if I cant do it for the next release I will put it down for the following one. Without posting suggestion what goes in is really the things that Diaftia and myself want for our own units.

cheers

34by151

• 2 weeks later...

Hi did not install everything yet, using Diaftia's release now for a while. I like it a lot but there is always room for improvement, e.g. the mute button that nees to be pressed after each new calculation (nice if it would be a fixed setting)

What I really would like is is TMC improvements. (understand you did some work on this already right?)

1.Be able to tune to the right TMC provider, it sometimes freezes without the opportunity to search for a good TMC broadcast.

2. For the traffic jams, sorted in such a way that everything on the planned route is sorted first, with the option beside the individual traffic jam to avoid it. Or if that is too difficult 1 button to avoid all trafic jams on the route and once in that mode should be used to return to the original planned route without traffic.

3.The option with a pop up leaving the choice in case of traffic to either reroute or not.