AVIC411.com

2008.4 newest usa maps?

Can you copy the 2008.4 downloaded maps to the CMH-all in one folder. Then put that in the sd card and load it automatically? Or do have to load the CMH-all in one into the unit first then go back and copy all the contents of the building, poi, maps after loading and rebooting the cmh files?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can verify the 2008.10 are for 8.3 and not 8.0. Originally the link I had downloaded from said they were for 8.0 but after testing them I found out the link was wrong and they only work in 8.3

Indeed... I'd tried the 2008.10 maps yesterday just for kicks, and they def. did not work.

- so 2008.4 it is then...

If and when I start playing around w/ Leetlauncher - then I'll try out the other Maps and Navi software -

Thanks

jb

One point I would like to make, after loading these maps. And implementing the cmh noobies mod. My unit has been completely changed, its not the same thing! All the issues I was having with announcing things too often, constant reroutes and annoyances were all fixed with just a map update!

Who would of thought. It's also a lot more forgiving if you don't follow the exact layout route. Example if your on a highway that has numerous lanes, you know express lanes, center lanes etc. If your in the wrong lane, with the original maps it would blast me constantly, get over to the other lane. Now it just says to continue going straight. (Because you can, your all going the same way right) It just simply updated to the area 10 miles ahead where you have to get over or miss the turn off.

The voice prompts every 30 seconds before telling me to get over was so frustrating I actually had to keep the voice nav instructions muted for that 10 mile stretch of highway.

So between that fix with the maps, it really is incredible how much of a difference something like that makes, appearently there are a lot of issues that are resolved, that are on the maps provided. y

so many problems would be fixed for this u nit if they just provided some updated maps. It really is too bad we have to put things in our own hands.

But regardless, my unit has bought itself another year in my car, I can honestly say, with exception of the voice pickup being low, this unit is great now, with those mods and the 2008.4 maps.

We should try and push the word by updating the maps you fix a lot of problems with the navigation portion of this unit.

Thanks for posting the tips,trips and information. Really is extremely simple for an otherwise complicated system thanks to you guys.

Ok Im a little unclear as to what needs to be done to make this work. Can I just load these maps and all is good or do I need a hacked ezrider and a license file or any other files to make this work? I am using my own mods so the all in one file is out of the question for me.

Ok Im a little unclear as to what needs to be done to make this work. Can I just load these maps and all is good or do I need a hacked ezrider and a license file or any other files to make this work? I am using my own mods so the all in one file is out of the question for me.

You will need both I believe, I have tried running this with a stock system (original files and no mods) and it did not work properly. Also I do think you would need the license file to run this map update.

You need the ezrider that is provided with the update that you don't want to install, Once you have that I don't think you nee any license files, as the one provided with pioneer should be fine, if it doesn't work still your not in any worse shape.

But with that update, the 2008.4 maps work great. at least as far as virgina and maryland go.

I got my license file from the following ir.zip
Exactl link: http://rapidshare.de/files/40903102/ir.zip.html

This ZIP-file contains several files, but we need just one: EZRIDER.exe and license file. Included license for Europe only, but you can use either license files.

You may need the EZRider.exe included in the ir.zip too... but don't use that until somebody else says so for sure.

I got the above quote from this thread:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19346

From this thread^^^^

Boot the unit in Test Mode.

Open APL2\IGO folder on the AVIC and make a backup copy of ezrider.exe (this is the main Navi program).

Copy ezrider.exe from this forum over the one you just backed up.

Copy a licrense file (.lic) to APL2\igo\license

Copy iGO 8 maps to APL2\iGO\Content\Map.

Reboot the unit. You shoulds have updated maps now...

Where to put the maps, etc. is shown on the first page of this thread

It took me a little while to figure out what goes where... but you always have to read, read, read :)

I used the EZRIDER.exe and license file from this post on the 2nd page of this thread.

Also, read thru the other thread listed in this post (only 9 pages) also helped me figure out what to do

8) ... once you replace the EZRIDER.exe and add (don't have to replace) the license file to your Flash disk , then you can add the updated maps and they work fine. Also, you don't have to load every state if you don't want, just the ones you want updated information.

hope that helps...

Kinda odd. My F90 v2.0 came with the 2008.4 maps, except for basemap which is 2007.7 I believe. I think the hacked ezrider and license is only needed to put a different region's maps on it. I do include both in my AIO's just in case. I would be willing to email a single state's 2008.4 map to anyone caring to test it on a stock system.

I got mine direct from Pioneer on 3.4.09. I'm not sure if it is a running change or if I just got lucky.

I think the hacked ezrider and license is only needed to put a different region's maps on it.

Mine worked without the license file but I had to use the hacked ezrider file to make the maps appear on the screen. Without it there was just a blank screen.

All I did was install the cmh noobie all in one mod, and downloaded necessary maps for my areas, maryland, virginia etc. Drag and dropped them in the content map subdirectory, started it up and the maps I replaced show up as the 2008.4 versions instead of 2007.10

It was that easy, hardest part was finding a good link for 2008.4 map download and the rar that contained the maps for the states I needed.

Any benefit of updating the basemap file or dem file? What are those exactly anyone know?