AVIC411.com

2008.4 newest usa maps?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set an address in chicago and pick that as the starting point, then pick another one as the ending point and have the system play the overview of the trip. I have the building files also but where i live there are no building coded for this area. Also in your sys.txt file you have to have buildings turned on by typing buildings=1, but i can't remember where you type it in the txt file. If you do a search for adding buildings there is a step by step on how to do it.

• 3 weeks later...

so how is the file name scheme working?

year.month ? or year.version ?

because technically mathmatically, year.10 = year.1 and thus year.4 = newer

unless it's going by what month is next..

i've seen people act like each is newer .1(0) and .4

I've got 8.3.2 and I'd like the latest poi's, and the lastest map because the dc 495 beltway has a new exit

near me that would change my routes drastically for the better if it new it was there.

I've got 8.3.2 and I'd like the latest poi's, and the lastest map because the dc 495 beltway has a new exit

near me that would change my routes drastically for the better if it new it was there.

.4 is the latest

There are different naming for different map providers, but the two big ones use the following

schemes:

TeleAtlas: Year.Month(ex 2008.10)

NavTeq:Year.Quarter(ex. 2008.Q3)

The latest North American maps for iGO 8.3.2.xxxxx is TA_2008.10(that's NOT for

the original AVIC), respectively NT_2008.Q3. The rest of the digits are: ymd(two digits each)

h

Okay this is very frustrating. I just got done updating my Avic F500bt with the 2.0 firmware and was trying to update my california maps, poi, and buildings.

I DL the license file, Asbis_PNA_EEU..... and the Ezrider file and uploaded them to my unit with the new 2008.4 maps and it does not show them.

Do I also transfer the sys.tx file as well? It seems when I use the sys.tx file the system crashes.

I have kept the original licenses along with the Asbis lic and still doesnt work. Do I need another license? This is annoying.

Maybe the license doesnt work for California maps, can anyone confirm. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone has re-route problem after the update? I always get off one exit earlier and take surface street to my office. The old version re-route as soon as I got off the ramp. After installing the new one, it didn't reroute until I was 500 feet away from my office building (which is 4 traffic lights after off the ramp).

I found the issue is that it doesn't re-route at all. The reason it picked up 500 feet away from my office was because I was back to the planed route. I went to a Fry's store without following the GPS route again, and it didn't re-route as I got off one exit after planed route and took a totally different path to get to Fry's. Anyone has any issue with routing?

Ok, I'm sorry if this was asked already...but I just checked my maps and I have the 2007.10 for everything. What do I need to do to install the 2008.4 maps? What files do I need? Thank you for your help and again, sorry if this has been asked a million times, I just got kinda confused while I was reading through this thread.

-Brian

Ok, I'm sorry if this was asked already...but I just checked my maps and I have the 2007.10 for everything. What do I need to do to install the 2008.4 maps? What files do I need? Thank you for your help and again, sorry if this has been asked a million times, I just got kinda confused while I was reading through this thread.

-Brian

Read page 1 of this thread.

Ok, I think I got it. Thanks! Just a few more questions (hopefully)...How do if I know if have iGo 8.0 or 8.3? Does it even matter? and do I need all 13 parts? Thanks for the help!

-Brian

Avic f-series only comes with 8.0. yes you need all 13parts to decompress it. after it is decompressed you can pick and choose which states you want out of it.

I downloaded all of the files and as I extracted them, 7zip told me that some of the files were broken (ie. Canada.fbl, California.fbl, Illinois.fbl, Massachusetts.fbl, Nevada.fbl, Ohio.fbl, Tennessee.fbl, Virginia.fbl, Canada.poi, South_Carolina.poi, Florida.poi, Missouri.poi, and even a few others. I guess it's not a huge deal because i dont live in any of those states but I was just wondering if that was normal? Again, thank you very much for all your help!

-Brian

I downloaded all of the files and as I extracted them, 7zip told me that some of the files were broken (ie. Canada.fbl, California.fbl, Illinois.fbl, Massachusetts.fbl, Nevada.fbl, Ohio.fbl, Tennessee.fbl, Virginia.fbl, Canada.poi, South_Carolina.poi, Florida.poi, Missouri.poi, and even a few others. I guess it's not a huge deal because i dont live in any of those states but I was just wondering if that was normal? Again, thank you very much for all your help!

-Brian

Files are not broken. You need to make sure all files has the same name except the number. Some files with ".", some with "-". Change them to all "." or all "-".

Files are not broken. You need to make sure all files has the same name except the number. Some files with ".", some with "-". Change them to all "." or all "-".

Got it! Thanks! While i was loading all the new maps, I noticed a file called basemap. What is that? Sorry for all the questions.