AVIC411.com

ok wierd problem... with Ipod or Avic??

ok have a touch.. 2g.. untill now IT WORKED PERFECTLY.. I didn't do NO upgrade from the apple site... I do have the latest firmware,,on the touch AND the f90bt

my f90 bt is also running well... this all worked fine last night.... now.. went to do groceries today and all of a sudden I noticed my right ch was playin lower... so played around with balance , songs and it was only the ipod that was doing it... so........... I unplug the cable...... and re plug... and now I get "ipod has failed to connect, Please reconnect" and it wont go away untll I unplug the cable from the ipod, OR the usb part... now... thinking its the pioneer Ipod cable, I try the cable that came with my ipod...( just the usb one) and I get the same MSG... hrmmmmmm,,, ipod plays fine on the home dock I have, and everything else on the f90bt is OK also.... I even tryed a Usb stick..put about 1 gig of mp3s on it and it works fine.. so its not the USB cable that is on the F90bt... what the hell do I do??? and I will restate again!!! this worked fine just last night... and I did nothing to either units since then...

I reset the unit by using the little button... I even unplued the battery of the car to reset that way also... same deal... always have the same..... is this going to be a warranty issue? its only 5 months old..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having the exact same issue. I have the avic900 using an ipod 3G (3.0 beta software). I had this issue prior to upgrading my iphone software. I also have the 2.0 software for the avic. Seems to be getting worse now. Just today, i thought it was going to be a "good" day and play equally through all speakers. It did for the first couple of songs then it switched to full sound out of front right speaker and hardly anything out of left. I am using the Pioneer ipod cable. I have tried unplugging/plugging and nothing works. Has anyone contacted Pioneer??

I am having the same issues now. everything worked great for the past 2 months. Im using a 30 gb ipod. The right channel is low and distorted. Every other sources seems to play fine. Im not using an amp I plugged my iPhone in to make sure it wasn't the iPod giving me trouble and it did the same thing. So i know its not the iPod. Tried reseting using the reset button but it did not help. I was prepaired to take the unit out thinking it was something i did during install but now i might try to reinstall firmware. Hopefully someone has solved this problem and could give us some insite. Hopefully its just a pioneer iPod cable issue that can easily be fixed.

I was able to get mine to work again! Not sure what i actually did that solved the problem though.i first tried to reset the system VIA the reset button on the front of the unit. No luck with that. I switched the av1 input from iPod to Video which means i was only using the composite inputs not the usb input (which is only used to control the ipod and charge it) and I still had an issue with the right speakers sounding low and distorted. I then tried to do a Hard reset by holding the eject button and the reset button for 5 sec. It didn't seem to do anything different than a normal reset though so im not sure i actually accomplished a hard reset. i then unplugged the USB input for about 10 seconds or so after hooking the iPod back up it worked. Why it suddenly worked i don't know. So my suggestion is to play around with it a bit. hopefully it wont happen again... but i doubt it. it seems like a software issue (which this unit seems to have plenty of) Hope that helps someone.

The only other thing i was going to attempt is to reinstall the firmware which i might do if it occurs again.

read that thread also.. but I TRIED the white apple cable that I got with the touch......and it does the same thing so it cant be a loose fitting..... ,,,,also the touch works find on the home dock I have. leads me to believe its the avic its self.

Update... My right channel started playing low/distorted while listening to my ipod again the other day so i changed the balance to the right. I wiggled the usb plug and the plug in the bottom of the ipod to make sure it wan't a loose connection and nothing happened it was still playing low/distorted. i then unplugged the USB for about 10 sec. plugged it back in and the right channel was louder and not distorted. It seems as though it some sort of driver issue with the f900. doesn't seem as though its a loose connection. Just thought it might help some one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with my F700BT. How do you solve this cause it's ridiculous!

Update: If you call Pioneer tech support and tell them about this they'll send you a replacement RCA harness as long as it is still under warranty and you purchased it from one of their authorized retailers.

Seems like Tacomaboy really hates the AVIC-F series. I just have to say that for the price you should expect some problems with this unit (you get what you pay for). I paid less than $400 for mine and the majority of other in-dash naviagtion system that I have/had seen were over $1100. I know it's annoying but we should come to expect some of these things. Back on subject, I received the RCA harness and will be installing it sometime this weekend and I'll let everyone know if that fixes the problem.