AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second, roadsigns are present even when not navigating.

is it a bug or a feature? I'm not sure :)

can you pls give some cons against having it?

Alot of the time if I have the map up while not navigating I'm using like an old fashioned map. Just keeping on eye on upcoming streets and such. Having the giant roadsigns on the screen all the time makes the map completely useless for this.

Did somebody in Europe try this thing out? Looks great, but from the screenshots it looks to me as there is no TMC :(

Hi! I live in Italy and I have no problem about TMC! what's happened?

in regards of last update (18 sept), in route mode there isn't the watch that there was in the past... why?

Did somebody in Europe try this thing out? Looks great, but from the screenshots it looks to me as there is no TMC :(

Hi! I live in Italy and I have no problem about TMC! what's happened?

in regards of last update (18 sept), in route mode there isn't the watch that there was in the past... why?

I believe he replaced it with Time to destination/time of arrival ...

Sept. 25, 2009 update:

1. Returned to original Turnrestrictions.bmp

2. Added current time to the ETA/Time to Destination box (click to cycle through settings).

That was fast.

Boris - How's the turn restrictions working for you. It still seems screwy in 3.0. Sometimes a restriction would show where there is no street, and when it does show with a street nearby it'll turn off well before the street or into the street. I'd guess in the area I've driven it's about a 50/50 chance of being accurate.

error: ui_igo8/common/trackinglist.spr

very strange. there is no referenece to ui_igo8 at all in the skin

anyway, how to reproduce it? do you have any other files unpacked

in iGo folder? I mean ui_pioneer/ui_igo8?

And also I've updated the skin to fit AM/PM time into the box,

I guess Boris will upload it here soon :)

Having the giant roadsigns on the screen all the time makes the map completely useless for this.

But they help you to drive. Your usual map doesn't do this for you

So, still I'm not sure if it is a good idea to remove it. But we may think about

a setting for it like "Show"/"Do not show"/"Do not show while not navigating"

You may try the changes from the attached file

signpost.diff.txt

Having the giant roadsigns on the screen all the time makes the map completely useless for this.

But they help you to drive. Your usual map doesn't do this for you

So, still I'm not sure if it is a good idea to remove it. But we may think about

a setting for it like "Show"/"Do not show"/"Do not show while not navigating"

You may try the changes from the attached file

That would be the perfect solution... That is probably the only thing keeping me from using this mod full time.

You should make this mod drink-ware... Coding for beer money :lol:

after someone reports that the proposed change is working properly I will

integrate it into the next release

I cannot fully test it myself cause CarteBlanche doesn't put any road sign info into my map :(

I'll give it a test tonight when I have a chance to install it and I'll let you know...

The road signs fix works beautifully... Thank you so much!

There is only one thing I notice functionality wise that is missing vs stock data.zip

In the original firmware when searching for a poi it gave the option of adding it as a via point. In this mod the only way to navigate to a poi is to make it a new destination. Adding say a gas station along a route during a road trip is pain if you can't add a via point easily. Oh and also one of the best features of the other mod I was using is the ability to mute the voice guidance with a button on the map screen. Any chance something like this can be added?

Again thank you so much for such a great mod :D

I am using this mod with version 2 software.

If you tap the screen a circular image of a car appears just to the left of the speed limit sign, bottom right.

Does this serve any purpose. I thought it showed what sort of vehicle was assumed Car Lorry Emergency etc but this doesn't appear to be the case.

Thanks

Colin