AVIC411.com

My new 3.0 impressions

I think the problem is, there are too many people taking MINOR MINOR issues and making them sound like they are the end of the world.

I guess youll have that no matter where you go, there is always somebody not happy because something doesnt work the way THEY think it should.

My F700BT is fantastic now after the full 3.0 update... and I use an iPod every day... wow big deal I have to enable VR scanning in the settings screen then once in a blue moon I update my iPod, I am not going to come cry about it. For $300 it was well well worth it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might be able to think of some more but I don't want to at this time. Even with these fault I think it is a pretty nice unit for the price I paid.

but that is the problem...some of us paid 1200 for our units, others paid 400. you might feel like you got a good deal but others, like tacomaboy, feel betrayed.

Had I paid 400 for the 900bt i would be upset but not betrayed, but I paid 900 bucks for this thing and for what? A shitty nav system, ipod problems, MSN that does not work and has not worked since the second week, and shitty bluetooth. Im sorry but that is unacceptable.

i have the same problem. i paid more then £800 for it... so if some dude tells here well if you don't like it then just selll it, just talks !"£$%^&. if i dump this deck on ebay i might get £400 or may be £450 for it. so that's why i hold on and try to make the best of it.

Well, to me, a Software Engineer with a Masters in Software Engineering and 8 years experience under my belt, a hack is defined as a software modification in order to bypass certain features.

I did not modify any software at all, so no hack. but to each there own.

You are welcome to pay Pioneer for what they should have given for free if you want. If you are happy with yours then clearly you have lower standards than I (and others) do. Not a problem, keep your unit. I am moving on.

quoted for truth!

I think the problem is, there are too many people taking MINOR MINOR issues and making them sound like they are the end of the world.

I guess youll have that no matter where you go, there is always somebody not happy because something doesnt work the way THEY think it should.

My F700BT is fantastic now after the full 3.0 update... and I use an iPod every day... wow big deal I have to enable VR scanning in the settings screen then once in a blue moon I update my iPod, I am not going to come cry about it. For $300 it was well well worth it.

Its all relative of course. Maybe I am super picky, maybe you are very laid back.

I did not pay 300 bucks though. I paid over 1000, and have had to live with lots of problems for a year, it gets to you.

Having to turn the VR on, wait for it to cycle, then go back and turn it off every time I add a song, gets really tiring after a while.

And some of us use it differently, I add music pretty often.

For example, some people think 10Second reverse camera is ok. However, I get in the car and buckle. THEN I start the car, and put it into reverse. In a parking lot, with someone waiting for you to back out, 10 seconds is forever, even at home in the garage I have to sit there for 10 seconds picking my nose waiting for my camera to come on like some kind of tool. Count to 10 slowly, and imagine sitting there in your car. Now do it 3 or 4 times a day for a year. I want my 900 seconds of life back.

- unit switches to NAV when a call is placed or received

Well, to be honest I wouldn't call this a bug

Because when you are using navigation while e.g. watching a DVD (means: no map on the screen) and someone calls you, then the voice of the navigation will get muted - and if the unit wouldn't change back to the map mode, you wouldn't know where to drive to, because you have *no* voice out of the navigation system (muted by the phone call) and *no* view to the map, because the DVD is still runing.

Of course, a parameter switch would be nice to steer that behavior - but I wouldn't call it a bug on the first hand...

Bye,

Boby

Because when you are using navigation while e.g. watching a DVD (means: no map on the screen) and someone calls you, then the voice of the navigation will get muted - and if the unit wouldn't change back to the map mode, you wouldn't know where to drive to, because you have *no* voice out of the navigation system (muted by the phone call) and *no* view to the map, because the DVD is still runing.

Of course, a parameter switch would be nice to steer that behavior - but I wouldn't call it a bug on the first hand...

Bye,

Boby

I think it is a bug, having worked in Software Development for so long I guarantee QA would write me up a ticket for a poor feature like this. Requirements and Design can have defects as well.

For example, some people think 10Second reverse camera is ok. However, I get in the car and buckle. THEN I start the car, and put it into reverse.

Funny... if I do that, camera comes on instantly. It's only if I go into reverse when it is in the middle of boot-up that I have to wait.

i only play podcasts so every sunday i load new podcasts via itunes, so my VR is always on as i only listen those podcasts once.

bluetooth... it's a total joke in compare with the kenwood in my wifes vehicle. no sms text, bad sound quality, lots of drops / disconnects, no way to listen to you voice box (can't type dtmf), slow responce (ever tried to use the deck while on the phone or playing a dvd), doesn't pause the audio (just mute it so i miss my podcasts when on the phone), no auto update of your contacts.

just to name a couple problems. and yes i tried it with the same phone as i tested on the kenwood...

For example, some people think 10Second reverse camera is ok. However, I get in the car and buckle. THEN I start the car, and put it into reverse.

Funny... if I do that, camera comes on instantly. It's only if I go into reverse when it is in the middle of boot-up that I have to wait.

Ahh if its already booted, then it takes mayb 3 seconds which is not so bad. But 99% of the time, the car is turned off before I kick it into reverse.

Bye,

Boby

in my wifes car you get the arrows in the bottom of the screen to point you the directions when on the phone. and beleave me she is on that phone a lot! (working as contractor nurse so every phone call can be work -> money)

Bye,

Boby

in my wifes car you get the arrows in the bottom of the screen to point you the directions when on the phone. and beleave me she is on that phone a lot! (working as contractor nurse so every phone call can be work -> money)

Not so bad, that solution...and propably Pioneers way isn't the smartest. I just said that it's (maybe) not a bug, but was implemented intentionally. So, maybe to put it on a wish list would help more than to keep claiming this being a bug?

Ahh if its already booted, then it takes mayb 3 seconds which is not so bad. But 99% of the time, the car is turned off before I kick it into reverse.

Start car, switch to reverse -- my camera comes right up.

Switch car, pick nose, switch to reverse -- have to wait for system to boot before it switches.

Start car, switch to reverse -- my camera comes right up.

Switch car, pick noseignore person honking behind you to back out already!, switch to reverse -- have to wait for system to boot before it switches.

fixed hehe.

Also, how does it take you 10 seconds to put on a seat belt?