AVIC411.com

My new 3.0 impressions

Shouldnt throw stones in glass houses my friend.

I'm all legit, and have 3.0 upgrade on order.

funny... lol I heard from a little birddie that you have it already ...(he already pm'ed to buy it off of him) if you do have it... please use your know how and do somethinmg nice for us... I wont complain...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jason,

some of us have the full 3.0 update, and unfortunately it is not that good. i have a copy of the entire flash disk from an x910bt, and i wiped my entire flash disk before copying it over. i can without a doubt say they have not fixed anything besides the speed from the CE,update, and adding the preset steering wheel control. even the issue of the screen switching to map when a call is received, which they told you was fixed, has not changed at all.

This afternoon I did the 3.0 update. I downloaded it from the pioneer site. Followed the instructs as on several threads, and I agree, yes the actions are faster. The screens that have the scroll bar on the side now scroll instead of having to tap, tap, tap. There may be problems, and some things are not the best, but overall, I think this is a fine unit. I love the fact that some enterprising individuals have found ways to make it better. Those who are still trying, thanks.

wait? You got 3.0 from pioneers website? Did they charge you to down load it? You sure you didn't get 2.006? I know that is a stupid question but why am I waiting weeks to get my SD card if it's a down load now?

wait? You got 3.0 from pioneers website? Did they charge you to down load it? You sure you didn't get 2.006? I know that is a stupid question but why am I waiting weeks to get my SD card if it's a down load now?

There is no 3.0 update on Pioneer's website, It's an SD card only. They are talking about a hacked 3.0 from an X Unit.

First of all you do no thave the official 3.0 software. You have a hacked version and its not legit. If it was out we would all have it right now and could see for ourselves what it can do.

Second, all Ive seen from you on here has been bitching and moaning in your rampant posts. Grow up, get a life, and if you really hate the product that much get rid of it and quit complaining. My unit works fine without any of the normal problems and im running 2.06 without any mods. Just the hardware bypass. No unit is perfect regardless of the brand.

Im glad that youre finally calling it quits. maybe now the forum will be a better place with more informative posts. Anything other than your daily "I fucking hate this piece of shit and blah blah blah. One less 2 year old on here.

Thanks to all the worthwhile people here that understand how these actually work and take time to post useful information on here.

There is no 3.0 update on Pioneer's website, It's an SD card only. They are talking about a hacked 3.0 from an X Unit.

That is what I thought. Thank you.

First of all you do no thave the official 3.0 software. You have a hacked version and its not legit. If it was out we would all have it right now and could see for ourselves what it can do.

Second, all Ive seen from you on here has been bitching and moaning in your rampant posts. Grow up, get a life, and if you really hate the product that much get rid of it and quit complaining. My unit works fine without any of the normal problems and im running 2.06 without any mods. Just the hardware bypass. No unit is perfect regardless of the brand.

Im glad that youre finally calling it quits. maybe now the forum will be a better place with more informative posts. Anything other than your daily "I fucking hate this piece of shit and blah blah blah. One less 2 year old on here.

Thanks to all the worthwhile people here that understand how these actually work and take time to post useful information on here.

Nope, no hacks - its the full unhacked image from an X 910, I also installed, again without hacks, the offical update from Pioneers website.

And I love it when people whine about me "bitching and moaning". How hypocritical.

Furthermore, I have had more than my fair share of helpful posts on this site. Learn to search. I dont bitch about it for fun, I have a half hearted hope somone will read this and get it fixed.

Hell, I have more helpful posts than you have total posts!

Woah woah woah. You need to get your facts straight man. The 3.0 Update isn't even released yet. It's a combination of new maps and firmware. Whatever method you used to hack the 3.0 from the X Series isn't going to work correctly.

Are you talking to me? No hacks I just installed the image, and it works perfectly!

Formatted the flash drive, copied the image over. This was the 3.008 update. Then I downloaded the Pioneer 3.0101 update and did a normal update.

well lets focus on the issues that 3.0 might have version hating on each other.

Even when we vent we can get something out of it as long as we see past the venting and look at the issues at hand.

I agree. The north up fix is nice, and the speedy buttons are definitely an improvment. Other than that my long list of bugs still exist.

wait! they didn't even fix the the north point up at all times.

That is gay! I hate that only 3D mode points the arrow up. I want that in 2D.

I'm looking at the images more. So it seems you can turn the north up option on and off?

They did fix that actually. Well Pioneer didn't, iGo did. Pioneer didn't really do anything.

I am gay, and I take offense at you comparing me to Pioneer's laziness :P

I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you! I think gays are ok. I had dinner with a friend in the castro. haha

Sorry for a noob question. But when I format the SD card I'm going to use should I format it from the F90BT itself of just from the computer I'm going to use to down load it.

I the 2.006 update with a SD card from my canon and it worked perfect.