AVIC411.com

My new 3.0 impressions

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm generally disappointed too. One of my biggest complaints is still the TTS. I just don't understand why Pioneer couldn't put a Loquendo TTS voice on there. They sound so much better than the RealSpeak voices. I've tried loading a couple on with the required DLLs but i either just get silence or it reverts to Jason. Doesn't make sense since all build of iGo 8.3 should support Loquendo AFAIK. If someone could get one of these voices working, and i could get dial-by-name working, i would be pretty happy. Doesn't look like either is going to happen though...

I had actually been thinking of selling this unit and picking up a Z110BT. It looks like a sweet unit, but it still uses that god awful Samantha TTS voice, and i'm sure still has the same issue with dial-by-name. It is still using VoiceBox afterall. Seems like Pioneer is just too damn lazy to program anything worth a shit. I mean seriously, they spent more time designing the new faceplate for the X-series then they did on 3.0 firmware. They just compiled a new version of CE, copied the new iGO files from NNG, and called it a day. Thats how it seems anyway.

How terrible... he used a stolen software update, and still could not get the thing to work. May be, after all, the problem isn't really with the unit...

The software worked the way it was intended, terribly. If I had paid 60 bucks like a giant sucker I would be even MORE upset.

Shouldnt throw stones in glass houses my friend.

Ok Mr 1337 .ini Hacker.

Sell the unit and move on.

We get it.

I am putting it up on ebay as I type. Don't worry you wont have to read any more about all the flaws in your precious AVIC from me any more. At least not from me.

Searching through your history, I dont even see so much as a .ini hack - one that many members have used and benefited from might I add. Stay classy.

Shouldnt throw stones in glass houses my friend.

Ok Mr 1337 .ini Hacker.

Sell the unit and move on.

We get it.

I am putting it up on ebay as I type. Don't worry you wont have to read any more about all the flaws in your precious AVIC from me any more. At least not from me.

For how much???

Its up, now I have to figure out what to get to replace it. Maybe I can get a drunk monkey to screech in my ear, it would be less frustrating and annoying.

But seriously, and suggestions? What about Eclipse units? I want to stay away from Windows CE - like forever, and I believe that counts out Kenwood.

Its up, now I have to figure out what to get to replace it. Maybe I can get a drunk monkey to screech in my ear, it would be less frustrating and annoying.

But seriously, and suggestions? What about Eclipse units? I want to stay away from Windows CE - like forever, and I believe that counts out Kenwood.

how about a carputer?

I had an old Eclipse unit in 06, my first navi. It was solid and sounded great, no glitches or lag. But unfortunately it got outdated fast as it did not have blue tooth, and it operated on a navi DVD, no TTS. I haven’t heard any noise from there new unit the AVN726E so hopefully they have gotten there act together it looks like sweet got all the bells and whistles one would want in a navi. But beware I heard a rumor that they may be going under.