AVIC411.com

F500BT 2.006 and x910bt "My Flash" upgrade--updated p.4

Your unit should be on 2.0006 and you should have testmode files on the SD card of course, else you can't move anything nowhere and can't make backups.

But yes, that's actually how it's done. Worldlicense and hacked ezrider.exe are included.

Steps are:

1. Take an SD-card (FAT or FAT32, 2GB will do the job, if Avic is already backed up, else 4GB at least!)

2. Copy testmode files and my archieve to it.

3. From any source, which provides maps for Igo 8.3 - they don't have to be from Pioneer devices - copy the map folder, dem folder, poi folder and the buildings folder to the equivalent place to the SD-card(APL2\Igo\Content). I didn't upload them for traffic reasons.

4. Put SD-card in F500BT and power it on.

5. You shoud be in test mode. Backup your My Flash Drive/APL2 folder now, if you don't already have by now. This may take serveral minutes.

6. AFTER backup, delete the APL2 folder on My Flash Drive

7. Copy APL2 folder from the SD-card to My Flash Drive

8. Remove SD-card

9. Power cycle Avic

That's it. Avic should boot up as usual.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, I completed the update and it seems to have worked fine.

I now have north up and course up in 2d mode which indicates to me I'm running 3.0.

I used the maps from the x910bt.

Is it normal for my apl under system info to still say 2.006? Maps are 2.003.

Thanks again.

If you move in the LPUE080APL.HTM from the X910BT that says 3.0003, that screen will then report 3.0003 as well, just 'fixed' it. Might not be a true 3.0003 update, but at least the version screen says it is now.... :)

I also tried using the entire x910bt flash disk, replacing the ezrider, sys.txt and license file, however the unit would not boot, just hung on the 'pioneer' screen. I thought this should work but I guess not. So I'm rebuilding it back to the 'fake' 3.0006 now.

Does anybody have the stock 2.006 image for the F500BT? The 3.0 upgrade sucks...I want to downgrade! I guess if that's even possible. I did the legit 60 buck Pioneer 3.0 update. Now my unit power cycles (full boot) on every ignition cycle, whereas it used to hibernate/suspend and go nearly instant and instant off. While the boot time isn't terrible, GPS acquisition time IS PATHETIC on a cold-boot F500BT, and is making my device nearly pointless in my city driving use. I could probably live with having to turn the volume back to 20 on every boot, but not this GPS crap!

It was working so well before...gah!

That's weird, mine still hibernates when you turn the car off and comes right back up when you turn it on.

Then again, I am running the "unofficial" 3.0.

I have the stock 2.000 image available via FTP (I can put it up tonight) if you need it. I can strip out the maps and other "content" to make it a smaller download. If you want it, PM me and I'll give you an IP and user ID you can use to get it tonight.

Maybe go back to 2.000, update to 2.006, then do the unofficial 3.0 update. Works great for me.

All you would have to do is use the windowsce.bin for the 2.000 / 2.006 version, flash that with a full format in service mode, and then copy in a full "my flash disk" backup from 2.000 or 2.006.

I can't see anything going wrong here at all!

:-)

But what, a new F500BT is only 160 bucks these days, so it's not a terrible proposition anymore to "brick" a unit.