AVIC411.com

3.0 Modding: Thoughts & Ideas

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDT,

I think we should, I can put in some time for this, but right now im in between building a couple new computers, and remodeling my whole house, so my time is limited ATM. And Euro, this is one of my favorite mods by far again thanx :D

Pete, what scheme are u using that you have the green terrain in? I cant find a scheme that gives me green terrain.

This is a great mod, but i can't take credit for it. I only implemented it. CMH is the one that paved the path and told me how to do it!

IDT,

I think we should, I can put in some time for this, but right now im in between building a couple new computers, and remodeling my whole house, so my time is limited ATM. And Euro, this is one of my favorite mods by far again thanx :D

Pete, what scheme are u using that you have the green terrain in? I cant find a scheme that gives me green terrain.

This is a great mod, but i can't take credit for it. I only implemented it. CMH is the one that paved the path and told me how to do it!

Euro,

Im using Riks day and Monopoly day

Ok if you guys want skies on your 3.0 unit here is how: Copy and replace the attached sys file in my flash disk/apl2/igo.

Then go into your data.zip file and replace the gfx file with the one also provided in the zip file attached.

Then you have to modify each scheme color.ini and color3d.ini. Copy and paste this code below, under [other] all the way at the bottom in the color.ini files.

background_picture_0="gfx/day/cs.bmp"

sun_picture_0 = "gfx/day/sp.bmp"

This code just shows where the files are for the background to be displayed so you can actually pick other bmp's to use. The one above is for a day background, so you would have to use "gfx/night/whatever bmp for night you want to use"

Have fun modding! :D

So I did aqll this and the sky looks great. Is there a reason I would not have the moon or sun showing though?

Ok if you guys want skies on your 3.0 unit here is how: Copy and replace the attached sys file in my flash disk/apl2/igo.

Then go into your data.zip file and replace the gfx file with the one also provided in the zip file attached.

Then you have to modify each scheme color.ini and color3d.ini. Copy and paste this code below, under [other] all the way at the bottom in the color.ini files.

background_picture_0="gfx/day/cs.bmp"

sun_picture_0 = "gfx/day/sp.bmp"

This code just shows where the files are for the background to be displayed so you can actually pick other bmp's to use. The one above is for a day background, so you would have to use "gfx/night/whatever bmp for night you want to use"

Have fun modding! :D

I beleive it depends what position your in. I havent seen the sun but definately have seen the moon while driving around.

So I did aqll this and the sky looks great. Is there a reason I would not have the moon or sun showing though?

@eurotuner

I've completed every step of your guide and YES!!! is can the blue sky....

The only thing what wont work is TMC. Something to do with sys.txt?

It could be. We dont have TMC in the US. Take a look in your original SYS and see if anything about TMC is referenced.

Does your SYS.TXT point to the European Versionn?

Try this in the first line:

[device]

type="PIONEER746EW"

or whatever is in your original SYS.txt

Had this Problem before when using US Mods

Hope this fixes it

Jörg

Having the multiplan-screen back would be nice, i believe idt made this?

Do you still know the code idt and where to put it?

What would be great is to have this option on the next screen after typing in the addres...

Question...

I want to hide the AV title bar (song title bar) at the bottom of the map screen at all times but keep the street name bar. Where can I find the code for the AV title bar? What is the script/layer name for the AV title bar?

Thanks!

No one has been able to hack the AV side of the unit yet. It is different from the ui files of the navigation. I too would like to get rid of that bar , but it's just not possible yet.

That's annoying. I'll see if I can disassemble some of the .exe's and comb through some assembly code and see if I can find anything useful. Does anybody know where I can obtain a copy of IDA Pro 5.5? The 5.4 demo is extremely annoying and the 4.9 free version can't disassemble the ARM executables/DLL's (PM me).

Also, what's the easiest way to make my map icons (2D/3D/NorthUp and the other button under that one) semi-transparent (about 50% transparent)? Can I just change the alpha levels in navigatemap_800_480.ui?

That's annoying. I'll see if I can disassemble some of the .exe's and comb through some assembly code and see if I can find anything useful. Does anybody know where I can obtain a copy of IDA Pro 5.5? The 5.4 demo is extremely annoying and the 4.9 free version can't disassemble the ARM executables/DLL's (PM me).

Also, what's the easiest way to make my map icons (2D/3D/NorthUp and the other button under that one) semi-transparent (about 50% transparent)? Can I just change the alpha levels in navigatemap_800_480.ui?

For the map icons that's exactly what you do but in navigatemap.ui

Question...

I want to hide the AV title bar (song title bar) at the bottom of the map screen at all times but keep the street name bar. Where can I find the code for the AV title bar? What is the script/layer name for the AV title bar?

Thanks!

Have you tried clicking on the little arrow at the end of it? Or reading the owner's manual where it mentions it?