AVIC411.com

AVIC Z110BT Bypass?

Looking at the rear of the unit, there is a white socket on the right that has nothing connected, on the left is the black socket that the harness is plugged into. This is connected to a gray connector that has all the wires spliced on. There is a larger gauge yellow wire on this connector but no blue/white on the opposite side. This connector doesn't have any spaces to move pins. I'm confused, I though for sure I'd find the white molex type connector back there. This was "professionally" installed in a '08 Honda Fit.

Thanks for helping a FNG!!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you have a problem if this was professionally installed. As I stated above, your looking at the wrong harness. The unit comes with two harnesses. One for power/speaker connections and one for RCA preamp connections. The mute wire that has to be relocated to properly achieve the bypass is on that RCA harness. Go back to your installer and tell them they need to give you the rest of what came with the unit.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys great site! I just got mine Monday and installed it myself. While this is far from my first install it is my first navi install. I followed the instructions in this thread and everything works great! Keep up the good work guys! As the name implies I put this in a 2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty so if anyone has questions for that truck I will be glad to share what I learned with you.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

I just read all 9 pages of this thread, and I didn't see anyone mention what functionality you lose when you move the mute wirer. Once the mute wire is relocated, does that mean the mute function will not work at all, like when an incoming call comes in, or when the navigation directions are being spoken? Or does it just mean that you can't mute with the touch of a button?

Are you guys referring to, taking the yellow wire from the white harness and connecting it to the light green wire from the black harness? If so, in my case, the light green wire is already hooked up to the red/white wire from the CAN-Bus adapter (C2R-CHY4). According to the PAC documentation, the red/white wire is for "P.B. Output (-)." I don't know what "P.B." stands for.

Here's a link to PAC's installation instructions if it helps make my question a little more clear.

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData ... 060809.pdf

Thanks.

I disconnected the red/white wire from the CAN-Bus adapter (C2R-CHY4) and it doesn't seem to have a negative impact. Parking brake is reading "on" in the Navigation settings. Took a quick drive around the neighborhood, but only got up to about 20 mph. Everything appears to be working after following the directions on this site. Will do a full test shortly after I have everything put back together.

One strange issue I'm having now though, and I believe someone had a similar issue earlier in this thread, is I only hear half of what the VR voice is saying. For example, when I press the VR button, I see the icon indicating that "she" is talking to me, but I hear nothing. Once the icon light goes out, I'll say, "Play artist such and such...." The icon will light up again as if she's talking to me, but I'll still hear nothing. After the AVIC finds the artist, it responds with, "Playing artist such and such...." but this time I can hear "her" voice. Navigation voice is working without any issues though.