AVIC411.com

AVIC Z110BT Bypass?

Yes, the parking brake will show as "on" in the nav settings. The moved mute wire will keep the unit from displaying an ERROR message on the main screen wit a warning about the parking brake being wired incorrectly.

I moved my mute wire over and everything is grounded properly. The unit always shows the parking break as 'on' However when I get going above about 5MPH I get locked out of most functions. Everything seems to be grounded properly. I'm also getting the grounding error message.

How would the unit be showing the parking break as engaged if the bypass was not wired properly?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

mikebaby

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT WORKS...... IF any one needs help or busts there pin assembly let me know i can take my other harness apart as i bought a new one. One thing that i noticed is that on the top of the connector which inserts into the unit there is a open rectangle above every pin opening. In this opening there is a small section of metal that is locking the pin above a plastic ridge in the connector. If you pull the wire out without pushing this back there is a good chance you will break that piece of metal and then it wont make a good connection when you move it over. Another thing is that these connectors are made out of very thin metal and are easy to expand if you use the wrong pushing mechanism to push down through the pin opening. I would recommend a thumb tac but if it doesn't push out very easy the metal piece is not unlocked yet.

I just did the bypass and I think it would be a little easier for those of us who don't do this stuff all the time to have a few close up pics... (of course the pins and slots are so small I bet this is new to alot of us). I used a standard staple to release the pin once I had the bar pulled up. I was trying to push the staple in from the rear instead of the microslot in the front under the pin, until I looked close enough to see the slot... Need a pair of magnifying glasses to work on it...

Oh and you have to poke the side where you can see an opening in the first pic to release the bar, then shove something in to hold it up while you poke the front slot (poor connector, didn't take it to dinner or anything)...

2vcxsfm.jpg

359ziwo.jpg

Anyone try a software bypass?

Another question: Right now I have the slightly older AVIC-F90BT in my rig. From what I can see, the Z110 looks like it has EXACTLY the same connectors as the F90BT (w/ the exception of the iPod connector). Can anyone confirm this?

I've been thinking about upgrading to the Z110 and if it was acompletely plug-n-play swap then I might do it. My buddy's truck got broken into over the weekend and someone jacked his head unit so he offered to buy my F90 if I decide to upgrade. Like I said, if the connections are all the same and it'd be an easy swap, I might just do it!

Looked into it a little more. Looks like the RCA connector is different but everything else will match up. No big deal, the only wiring I'll have to change is the remote turn-on blue wire. The power connector is the same and so is the nav antenna, microphone, IP-BUS, and wired remote input. All in all, I should be able to swap out my F90BT in about 20 mins.

I'll have to modify the RCA connector for the video bypass anyways, so it really doesn't matter anyways!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I just got my 110BT in the mail yesterday and jumped right into doing this install. I successfully got the mute pin out of the harness and relocated. I gave it a good 30 minutes with the jewelers tools then decided to cut it out. I just cut a slit in the top of the harness and pulled it right out no problem, very minimal damage to the harness.

Anyways... I'm soldering and heat shrinking all the wires and wanted to make sure of one thing first. Can I connect the newly relocated mute wire (yellow), the parking brake wire (green), and the ground for the radio (black) directly to the vehicle wiring harness' ground in lieu of grounding it directly to the frame? Is that too many things connected to one ground? Would that compromise the effectiveness of the ground for the radio?

I tried everything i can but was not able to remove mute wire from harness. Eventully Cut the parking brake wire in half and inserted it in new location pushing it all the way in using jeweler's screw driver, Grounded all and my system is running flow less for 2 days.

One more thing if you are using PAC SWI then ground it to cars body directly, read it in some other forum that it helps switch lag issue.