AVIC411.com

AVIC Z110BT Bypass?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed my AVIC Z110BT with the bypass described in this thread. I am getting the e-brake warning. I am going to pull the HU, and verify my ground.

Those of you that have this working, did you use the ground wire from your vehicle's harness, or did you ground the wire to a location on your vehicle?

Thanks.

I pulled the HU out of my truck today, and re-did my ground. I found a couple of wires that had ground lugs on them, and were attached to the support for the dash. I made a new ground wire, and tied the harness ground, yellow mute wire (moved one slot over, per the directions), and the green parking break wire together. I attached this wire to the ground lug. After I connected everything, I powered the unit up. This time, no e-brake warning upon boot up. I figured I was home free, until I took a test drive.

After I got up around 10 mph, the e-brake warning came back on the screen. I am able to verify that on the system info screen (I think), the unit shows that the parking break is on, regardless of the actual position of the break.

Any thoughts? I'm stumped.... :?