AVIC411.com

AVIC Z110BT Bypass?

Ok, ladies & gents, who wants to bypass their AVIC-Z110BT? I'll sell it to you for $1,000,000.00. Bwahhahaha! Just joking!

Unlike some of the folks who would screw us outta our dollars, here it is, in all its glory.

Step 1:

Take the MUTE wire, and move exactly one position over.

Step 2:

Then, as before, take that wire and tie it & and the green parking brake wire to ground.

Step 3:

Enjoy your Z to its fullest potential!

Special thanks to "daddy" who helped me out on figuring out how to pull the pins. And of course, this was the 5th of 7 open pins that I tried before I hit the gold-mine...but well worth the effort!

BTW, I used a super small jewelers screwdriver to pop it out, made it fairly easy, but still takes some effort. A heavy gauge staple (not the paper kind) would work also, but you're probably going to draw blood that way! :D

I've only tested to 45MPH since everything was still loose in my car, but I think we're good to go.

-B-

post-10442-12872758006241_thumb.jpg

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dbnichols,you da man!! I am heading out to try it

SD,

Man, my car looks like shizzle right now with everything hanging out, but it sure was sweet to thow on an iPod music video while cruisin' down the road on my test run. Now, I've just gotta get it all put back together.... :lol:

Of course, it would be awesome if I could have gotten one of the MSN Direct dealios to put in before I close it all up...apparently they're lagging behind on shipment.

Let me know how it goes on your end.

I followed Dbnichols' instruction and the trick works !! I drove around for 30 minutes and brought the speed up to 70mph ,video played just fine .

Thanks again to DBnichols and others that has contributed to this tread.

And Z110BT rocks !! what an unit ,Sound Quality is awesome ,Navi is spot on accurate ,no glitch nor bugs on the OS after playing for 4 hours ,sound quality on bluetooth audio(paring with iphone 3gs) is surprisingly good as well.

Start time on this unit is about 10 seconds for the music ,25 seconds in full operation mode.

I'll paly with it more this weekend and come up with a more detailed review on it.

I followed Dbnichols' instruction and the trick works !! I drove around for 30 minutes and brought the speed up to 70mph ,video played just fine .

And Z110BT rocks !! what an unit ,Sound Quality is awesome ,Navi is spot on accurate ,no glitch nor bugs on the OS after playing for 4 hours ,sound quality on bluetooth audio(paring with iphone 3gs) is surprisingly good as well.

Start time on this unit is about 10 seconds for the music ,25 seconds in full operation mode.

I'll paly with it more this weekend and come up with a more detailed review on it.

SD,

I tried pairing my iPhone with the 110 this evening, but it never seemed to see the phone. Were you able to get yours to work?

-B-

SD,

I tried pairing my iPhone with the 110 this evening, but it never seemed to see the phone. Were you able to get yours to work?

-B-

Yes,but took me couple tries ,I had to swtich bluetooth on and off on iphone when the paring wasn't succesful

OK,

Can anyone help me? I have tried this a few times but no luck.

I moved the pin over on,

I clipped the mute wire that is now in the moved pin to the Green Parking Break wire and clipped the green parking break wire to the ground.

I did not do the below but I am wandering.

Do I need to hook up the mute from my system to the mute wire I used?

What else could I be missing.

As far as I know the system resets every time I unplug it.

HELP :(

I really want ot get this fixed.

ok is it me?? I cant get the pin out for the life of me. I dont want to yank on it too hard.

whats the magic trick????

ok update, I got it out and reinserted on over.

How far in should it push. I see a little bit of the connector sticking out. Should it be further in or is that enough

photo88.jpg