AVIC411.com

AVIC Z110BT Bypass?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to put it out there... I just did mine just now, and found that a regular/single staple with one end bent straight worked absolutely perfect for unlatching the pin...

I've seen someone on YouTube actually cutting the connector, to get it out...

Use a staple...

Stop struggling people. There is a locking tab on the connector. Pull this tab up slightly, and the pins pull right out.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=27175

Yeah...that was the first thing I did... But non-like yours, mine did not just pop/pull out...

Odds are, that yours never was seated correctly from the factory... There is a tiny metal locking piece, that is part of the pin itself, that locks it into place... and why you need to use the staple to push in from the front of the harness..

If you push it down too far, you'll need to pry it back up(gently) so that it locks in right when you move it over... Otherwise, you'll have issues with it down the road...

The locking strip that you're talking about doesn't go through to the second row of pins...ie...where the mute wire is

his is the best pic I could find....It's a different style pin...but it's exactly the same locking piece

post-11718-12872760591424_thumb.jpg

Stop struggling people. There is a locking tab on the connector. Pull this tab up slightly, and the pins pull right out.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=27175

It isn't so simple for everyone. I did pry the locking plate on mine but that didn't release the pin. I used a thumb tac much in the way of the staple before mine would release.

• 2 weeks later...
I was able to modify the harness last night. What an enormous PITA. Will be installing everything over the weekend, so wish me luck...

OK, I installed everything on Friday and it works flawlessly, bypass and all. What an awesome head unit. I have spent only 50 miles or so in the car so far, so there is much to play with yet. Thanks to all on here for guidance re the bypass. That was invaluable.

Finally worked!

Thanks to the picture above.

I used a small flat screwdriver to lift the flat lock part across the harness up a little. It does not need to be removed so don't do that.

Got a normal staple and straighten one end. Then I insert the straight end into the small hole (which is above the bigger hole where the yellow wire is).

They key here is to push it in but slightly downward. By doing that you flatten the locking piece and it pulls right now. I did raise the locking piece slightly prior to reinserting for a better locking/fit.

So thanks to whoever originally posted that picture. :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

For those of you that played football, and have football fingers (fat and sometimes awkward) fingers, you can simply cut the mute wire (in lieu of taking it out) and strip it, then place it in the appropriate slot next to the severed mute wire, all the way through, and fold it up over the harness. This worked for me because my mute wire didnt come out after incessant tries and eventually tore. So I simply stripped it, and placed it through the slot next door and it works great.... :D

• 2 weeks later...