AVIC411.com

Official Firmware 3.0 Status Thread!!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make: F90BT

Ordered Date: 07/03/09

Owner Status: Indifferent now, have the x910 3.0 image running already and am pissed the Navi still thinks I'm in Idaho when using auto-timezone. :evil: Really guys, it's been almost 2 years?!

Owner Status: Indifferent now, have the x910 3.0 image running already and am pissed the Navi still thinks I'm in Idaho when using auto-timezone. :evil: Really guys, it's been almost 2 years?!

Mine does that too. Someone explained to me why, but can't remember the whole explanation. Anyways it has to do with the timezone, but the unit does not really "think" you are in idaho. Make no damn since to me and Pioneer definatly should have fixed that.

Mine does that too. Someone explained to me why, but can't remember the whole explanation. Anyways it has to do with the timezone, but the unit does not really "think" you are in idaho. Make no damn since to me and Pioneer definatly should have fixed that.

I've never had it explained to me. Sounds like it wouldn't help anyway. But I WOULD like to know if you found a workaround for it. That problem really makes me crazy. It can figure out where I am in the world down to like 3 feet but it can't get the damn time right.

I've never had it explained to me. Sounds like it wouldn't help anyway. But I WOULD like to know if you found a workaround for it. That problem really makes me crazy. It can figure out where I am in the world down to like 3 feet but it can't get the damn time right.

Well, I thought it was due to the whole time-zone bug that was in iGo 8.0 R1, and that the new iGo 8.3 based Ezrider.exe would incorporate the fix that was in iGo 8.0 R3. Guess not. :? Sad really, Tom Tom and Garmin can get it right when I run those on the AVIC w/ LeetLauncher, guess the timezone info in Ezrider/iGo is still hosed for the Oregon area (amazing that WA, which is in the same timezone, has it set to Pacific correctly). Maybe it's something bonkers in the map data...? Really wish Pioneer would set up some sort of Bugzilla/trouble ticket system we could submit real-world Q & A data to for things like this.

Not to appear dumb here .. did any of you setup your HOME location on the GPS side of your HU's ? Not just the TimeZone ..

What does home location have to do with the timezone bug?

Home location has absolutely nothing to do with the Auto Timezone bug. The Auto Timezone feature is supposed to adjust your clock to the correct hour depending upon your current GPS location and the daylight savings time status for the current location. Sadly in Oregon (at least in the area bordered to the east by the Portland metro area, to the west by the Pacific Ocean and to the north by the Columbia River/Astoria from my limited testing so far) iGo/Ezrider sets the timezone to Mountain Standard time and prints the region in the settings as "America/Boise". But from anecdotal evidence elsewhere in the forum, if you cross the Columbia from Astoria into Washington state you're magically transported into the Pacific time zone! Bizarre...