AVIC411.com

Official Firmware 3.0 Status Thread!!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make: F500BT

Ordered Date: 07/03/09

Mine departed UPS' Ontario, California terminal on 8/1. I should get it Friday since I'm in the Chicago area. UPS is not showing the estimated arrival on their site yet.

Most likely these were produced in Japan as they're shipping from a warehouse in Long Beach listed as NYK Logistics. NYK is a steam ship line. A few weeks in transit from Japan to the US is likely if they were sent in a container via a steam ship.

Order date: 07/03/2009

I am at the point of cancelling this order and demanding a unit that actually works, I expect my order to say product shipped with a tracking number by the end of the week, if not they can go ahead and stick this firmware and unit up their arse. I paid full price for the AVIC-700BT when it came out and at first it was a pretty good system, but over time problems with bluetooth and overall sluggish response of system performance including random freeze ups that it unlocks itself from time to time makes this unit more of a road hazard to me while driving than a actual assistant because of all the troubleshooting steps I take to fix it while driving, to the point where I just hit the reset button every time.

If maybe the unit ran Damn small linux or some variant and VLC it would expand on the current AVIC-700BT capabilities and dramatically improve system performance. Instead the base of the system itself is comparable to my T-Mobile 3G which has 100mhz more of capable processing power than my AVIC has in specs. That's pretty sad when you put it that way, but it goes to show how Pioneer crapped this unit out of their ass and I fell into their trap with all the eye candy and features that I now know all work halfed ass.

Thank you Pioneer, you have till the end of this year to fix the problems with this unit, thank you for tarnishing your name even more in the mobile audio/video community.

Order date: 07/03/2009

I am at the point of cancelling this order and demanding a unit that actually works, I expect my order to say product shipped with a tracking number by the end of the week, if not they can go ahead and stick this firmware and unit up their arse.

It's awaiting shipment because they're not shipping for the units other then the 500 at this time.

They did not promise it by now, and there was not a firm date listed.

If you would like to head to Pioneer to personally cancel the order and inform them of where they should put it, feel free.

I say cancel the order, give up on the unit, and walk away if you're that unhappy.

Me? I'm perfectly happy with my F700, I could have better, but at 2x the cost, it does what I want, for the price I want.

Oh.. and if it's so easy to fix in your mind, feel free to join the mod community and make a difference!Other folks have, and their efforts are very appreciated.

can any one tell me y i cant update my avic-f700bt with the 3.0 fw i got the 3.0 fw but it will not install auto

You have the OFFICIAL 3.0 Release or are you talking about a hacked version of 3.0 ??

As of right now, 3.0 OFFICIAL has not even been shipped and received by anyone (here in the US that is).

It's awaiting shipment because they're not shipping for the units other then the 500 at this time.

They did not promise it by now, and there was not a firm date listed.

If you would like to head to Pioneer to personally cancel the order and inform them of where they should put it, feel free.

I say cancel the order, give up on the unit, and walk away if you're that unhappy.

Me? I'm perfectly happy with my F700, I could have better, but at 2x the cost, it does what I want, for the price I want.

Oh.. and if it's so easy to fix in your mind, feel free to join the mod community and make a difference!Other folks have, and their efforts are very appreciated.

I was told by Pioneer that my product will ship in August of this year, but had no real schedule time of shipment, I was willing to wait because of this, I made my order on July 03 of this year over the phone because of it. It is August 3rd now and I still been getting the same information I was getting a month back. I would of least preferred to hear from the operator a "we have started shipment of the new firmware/map updates the system you just need to wait for the system to hit your order" then that's understandable, but to give me the same information as before and after I confront them about it and don't really have much of a clue that's when I get upset.

Also because of the full cost I paid for this unit, it's kind of hard getting back the money for a product I originally paid 850.00 and now with a actual retail value of 700.00 and for actual used value of 500.00 I lose 350.00 if I do try to sell it. So selling the unit is out of the question, instead I am going to have to get my money's worth on it by modifying it and simply get the order with the updated maps to later get iGo running.

The on-board processor is ARM if im not mistaken running at 500mhz, I wouldn't know much on the programming aspect of it, but I am sure there is a reason why it hasn't been done already so before I jump into conclusions which I have, I am going to go check and read up on some of the attempts made already to get the AVIC into a new system altogether, I am sure it can be easy for it to run linux, the problem will lay to make everything work including XM, buttons, touch screen etc.

Should of just made a car computer...darn it.

I was told by Pioneer that my product will ship in August of this year, but had no real schedule time of shipment, I was willing to wait because of this, I made my order on July 03 of this year over the phone because of it. It is August 3rd now and I still been getting the same information I was getting a month back.

Last I looked it's still August and there are 4 more weeks left in it.

I was told by Pioneer that my product will ship in August of this year, but had no real schedule time of shipment, I was willing to wait because of this, I made my order on July 03 of this year over the phone because of it. It is August 3rd now and I still been getting the same information I was getting a month back.

Last I looked it's still August and there are 4 more weeks left in it.

+1 Whiny babies are whiny.

Got a customer service email today saying:

"You can order the software online Part# CNSD-100FM.

We also have a firmware we can send you. Please contact our Parts Department at 800 228-7221."

Called the parts person said the CNSD-100FM was maps and cost $100. I didn't order that. Hope my 2.0 or 2.6 maps work.

So I ordered the firmware. That's free. It's on backorder said the parts person. Didn't think to ask the version #.

Background:

A week ago, I downloaded the Pioneer site 2.6 upgrade after my F700bt was starting to have minor issues with BT.

After that it does it thing, gets to the Pioneer screen, then turns off.

Called tech support, they said something about pulling the unit and sending it in to get the firmware serviced.

Also ordered the "new upgrade." Didn't ask what version.

Over in the troubleshooting got help. Still working through their fix.

Had a previous OEM navigation unit in my Vibe but it never gave me a problem nor did it require updates.

Curious if anyone knows what version the free firmware is and if it differs from the download.

Sounds of silence...

The problem you are having sounds similar to one I was just having. Turns out, the backup camera option was turned mysteriously from OFF to ON (I don't have a backup camera). I turned it back to OFF and it doesn't go black anymore. I had another unit go black which required a completely different fix. The main difference I could tell between the 2 problems is that in the first one I described the radio comes on with a black screen. With the other problem, no radio, just pioneer logo then a dead unit.